Official 1. FC Kaiserslautern Thread II[R]

Discussion in 'Germany: Clubs' started by Dead Fingers, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Re: We are staying UP!!!![R]

RMAO, but so damn true ;)

2. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    40 points to safety

Der Betze brennt!!!![​IMG]

3. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Congrats on a good season.
    I really rate Kurz.

4. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bite me dude! Wolfsburg is staying up in the BL after this is all said and done, Felix Magath will make sure of it! If anybody goes down to the 2nd Bundesliga, it will probably wind up being either FC Koln or Eintracht Frankfurt, along with the proverbial whipping boys of BL, Borussia Monchengladbach and the demoralized FC St. Pauli, so nice meeting and beating you guys this season, don't forget to write! :)

5. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Nice to have dreams bottom feeder. Don't worry, you won't get that enjoyment. Just be glad to be remaining in the Budesliga :rolleyes:

6. Zak1FCK

Zak1FCK Member+

Aug 23, 2005
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kaiserslautern will make that a little more difficult for you on Saturday. Is Volkswagen going to by half the stadium again to keep the Lautern fans out?

7. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude, when I wrote that "....so nice beating you guys this season, don't forget to write" quote, I was mainly referring to both Monchengladbach and St. Pauli, and perhaps FC Koln or Eintracht Frankfurt, after all from where it stands right now, it looks like they will most certainly wind up in 2. Bundesliga next season, as for you guys, we'll see what happens this weekend come matchday, I will be watching the match as always online at around 6:30 am U.S. Pacific Time, with coffee already brewed, and donning my Puma 1998-99 VfL Jersey.

And is it really true that the good folks at VW would actually try to keep rival supporters out of Volkswagen Arena? We already have a fenced-off section for them, as do most football stadiums, fenced off mainly to make sure nothing happens, but most rival supporters keep themselves in check, so I don't buy a word of that garbage, where's the proof?

After all, I don't think that (in an analogy) Qualcomm Stadium (home of the NFL's San Diego Chargers) would ever deliberately try to keep the proud members of the Raider Nation (Los Angeles/Oakland Raiders fans, and I'm one of them) from going in and supporting their team, I know you guys wouldn't keep Wolfsburg supporters or those of any other BL team out of your stadium either.

8. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    The folks @ the VW arena would like to have home support, so I believe the reports. Die Roten Teufel travels well.

Yeah, that was after the fact that a fader performed a prison shank technique on a Charger fan. And Oh btw, I am an official member of the fader hata club. KC all day everyday over faders!!!

9. Zak1FCK

Zak1FCK Member+

Aug 23, 2005
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In 2006 Kaiserslautern traveled to Wolfsburg for the last game of the season. A win and Kaiserslautern was going to stay up in the Bundesliga and Wolfsburg would be relegated. A tie or a Wolfsburg win would send Kaiserslautern down.

There were so many Kaiserslautern fans buying tickets that Volkswagen bought all the rest and passed them out to their employees or left the seats blank. This was to prevent Kaiserslautern from packing the stadium, which they ended up doing anyway.

There were at least 15,000 Kaiserslautern fans and a whole lot of empty seats. There could have easily been more.

10. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    YIKES! So it is true!

Of course that was before I joined the VfL Supporters this past season, and since Wolfsburg is hanging on to their BL status for dear life, maybe this same shit might happen again, but both '06 and this year are not those that Wolfsburg supporters would be proud of, I will admit. I think that it would've been tougher to do that when we were winning the title back in 2009, or whenever we are having a winning season, in which we won't be having this year, but hopefully we can end the year on a strong note, and avoid relegation, as you guys already have, having locked up playing at the top flight next season.

11. Zak1FCK

Zak1FCK Member+

Aug 23, 2005
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There easily could have been 30k Kaiserslautern fans in 2006 if Volkswagen had not stepped in.

Here's to sending Wolfsburg down in 2011.

12. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Yeah I am glad you cleared this up. If this was #1FCK, it's a check that you can't cash. Insufficient funds my friend. Dream on my friend. I am sure you have better days ahead of you. Just not this one :D

Are you sure of this??? Look at the table my friend. Squeaky bum time isn't it??? ;)

13. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Congrats, red devils. This match proved once more that passion and heart can beat team with much higher budgets, even at their own ground. :)

14. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That same congrats coming from me too, great match, at least we (VfL) didn't get slaughtered 8-1 like the demoralized FC St. Pauli did this morning against Bayern Munich. BTW, Frankfurt lost today 2-0 so (for now) Wolfsburg is still safe....... for now.

Kinda reminds me of how the Dallas Mavericks are pummeling my L.A. Lakers right now in the NBA Playoffs, being up 3-0 in the series, my 2-time defending champion Lake Show (with about the same $$$ as VW spends every year) and Phil Jackson look more like if not worse than Felix Magath and The Wolves are right now.

Sometimes, passion and pride do prevail over the big bucks and both this morning the the VfL-1.FCK match and last night in the Lakers-Mavericks tilt are living proof of it. Great match guys.

15. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Actually we had some help, we had one of their playas ;)

16. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    Congrats on your win..It was funny seeing Lakic score against his future club and possibly helping them go into the second league..I personally love Ivo's game but dam he can never stay healthy for a full season..

17. Bend_it

Bend_it Member

Jun 13, 2006
    St. Louis, MO
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kaiserslautern fans may want to check out Cris Nyari's new article about the Red Devils..."Kaiserslautern Quietly Stride to the Top"......http://bundesligafanatic.com/

Great win for Kaiserslautern Saturday !!!!

18. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I take my hat off to Lakic' and your team's attitude! Kudos.

Fantastic job from Marco Kurz. *thumbs up*

Btw: It seems your 5,000 away fans in Golfsburg were keen on getting revenge for a certain game that got you relegated. ;)

19. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That's his big problem (in Fürth he'd been injured very often as well).

20. Zak1FCK

Zak1FCK Member+

Aug 23, 2005
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think he has been injured this year. There may have been a slight knock that kept him out of the starting line up a couple weeks ago, but that is it. He's broken foot a couple years ago kept him out for almost a year.

21. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    He played most of the first half of the season and was excellent..Second half of the season he has missed alot of games with nagging injuries..He has played 20 of 33 games and has not played a game since middle of march with stomach muscle pull..Ivo is a player with alot of potential and he finally started showing it when he played..Unfortunately second half of the season he has had his injury problems again..Bayern made an offer for him during winter transfer window but Kaiserslautern rejected..

22. Zak1FCK

Zak1FCK Member+

Aug 23, 2005
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Never mind, I thought you meant Lakic.

23. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ivo Lakic. :p LOOOL.

24. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Congrats for a great finish. :cool:

25. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Happy Days!!![R]

Yeah baby & Top 10 Finish. Who would have thought it??? I know I didn't. I would have taken a 15th position at the beginning of the season. To whom the Bells Toll.....Time marches on!!!