News: Off-Season transaction list

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by JasonMa, Dec 9, 2013.

1. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Correct.

2. BYLRPhil

BYLRPhil Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    22SteveD, JasonMa and jayd8888 repped this.
  3. BYLRPhil

BYLRPhil Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seattle traded Moffat for the rights to Kenny Cooper today... I just don't know how I'll tolerate seeing Cooper in Sounder colors.

22SteveD and JasonMa repped this.
  4. Big Chil in Denver

Sep 10, 2009
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like SKC picked up a goalie. Andy Gruenebaum traded from Columbus Crew for 2016 SuperDraft pick. Crew sign American Steve Clark from Norwegian league.

As far as I know, that only leaves New England with a big holey at goalie.

Wonder what we can get for Pickens? Probably just a pick somewhere, maybe some allocation $$, too.

5. Big Chil in Denver

Sep 10, 2009
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apparently the Revs traded Vancouver for Brad Knighton last week. David Ousted is the only goalie currently listed on Vancouver's roster.

6. Big Chil in Denver

Sep 10, 2009
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just scrolled through all team rosters, and every team has a "starting" goalie on the roster. Looks like Pickens' best shot is to land somewhere for competition, including here. Likely we wouldn't get a player for Pickens, just a draft pick.

Competition or veteran backup in case of injury. Some rosters, Vancouver, Philly, more, were light on # of GK's listed.

COMtnGuy repped this.
  7. Ihaveabeard

Ihaveabeard Member

Nov 14, 2013
    Club:
    Norwich City FC
    so if dcu get's johnson is there anything we could trade bate dcu with for doyle?

would love too see him here in the big co. ( i know hes father who coachs in texas at flowermound high school )

8. COMtnGuy

COMtnGuy Member+

Apr 5, 2012
    Higher than you
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #58 COMtnGuy, Dec 17, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
    22SteveD repped this.
  9. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    What an oddly informal way to express it on a team website:

22SteveD and COMtnGuy repped this.
  10. fischerw

fischerw Member+

Sep 15, 2004
    Joplin, MO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    COMtnGuy repped this.
  11. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ceus, Mullan, and Smith all went unclaimed in the Re-Entry Draft, making them all essentially free agents. I expect Mullan to return to the Rapids in some capacity (player, coach, player/coach). Not sure if Smith will and I know Ceus won't.

COMtnGuy repped this.
  12. Stuart95

Stuart95 Member+

Mar 11, 2012
    NoVA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I could see both Mullan and Smith remaining with the Rapids in some capacity to include coaching. Nothing against Stew but I think he needs a change of scenery

W.J. Marx and COMtnGuy repped this.
  13. W.J. Marx

W.J. Marx Member

Apr 5, 1999
    Boulder, Colorado
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Golden arches may be appropriate.

14. Quinn 33

Quinn 33 Member+

Apr 25, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So...he's going to have lunch at Buddle's favorite restaurant?

Stuart95, m vann, JasonMa and 1 other person repped this.
  15. ~F8~

~F8~ Member

Sep 5, 2008
    grindin
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Buddle goes into Micky D's, orders a Big Mac, looks round tha corner, "Stewie! Is that you?" :laugh:

16. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    Then Buddle drops the SANDWICH, even though it was right in front of the counter - and Ceus almost makes a save on it before it hits the ground, but his starting position was a little too far out from the counter...

17. Waterboy14

Waterboy14 Member

Mar 29, 2006
    I keep on having visions of Brown and Torres on the outside with a solid target player in the middle...not solid in the sense of being overtly gerthy, but more along the lines of an effective holder and distibutor of the ball, someone tall enough and aggressive enough to convert opportunities from the air. ...just a pipe dream I guess.

18. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Conor Casey! I though about this exact scenario a couple of days ago. He would be absolutely perfect for Brown and Torres to run of. There was no way to know the 2013 Conor Casey would be his former self so there's no sulking he's not here anymore. However, I would love, love, love to have a true, mobile #9 in OP's system. The possibilities could be endless.

19. Quinn 33

Quinn 33 Member+

Apr 25, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The ideal central striker in our current system would be a player in the mold of Mario Mandzukic. A guy who is extremely mobile, yet tall and physically imposing. He is also a significant threat in the air, which is the kind of player the Rapids really lack.

20. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    Isn't the idea of Pareja's "project" to be able to move the ball through the midfield so a guy like Torres can score off of passes on the ground? A target man is always helpful, but I figure they see guys like Torres or (unknown #10) getting passed the ball in space and being able to do something with it.

21. W.J. Marx

W.J. Marx Member

Apr 5, 1999
    Boulder, Colorado
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A good target forward is more than helpful. With Panama, Blas Perez was the target forward holding the ball, providing goals and providing balls for his fellow forwards to score goals. Somehow Torres has become the great goal scorer the Rapids have coveted and maybe he will prove to be just that, but in 44 appearance for Panama Torres scored just 9 goals while target man Perez scored 34 goals in 86 appearance.

IMO, neither Brown nor Torres are target forwards. They each depend upon a foil to provide them service, either a target forward or a very creative and savvy midfield. Hopefully, the Rapids will provide each with 1 or the other or both.

22. Ihaveabeard

Ihaveabeard Member

Nov 14, 2013
    Club:
    Norwich City FC
    a gomis type striker would work aswell shooting for a guy well rounded as a manzudik would cost a bomb. there's a few guy's in there 30's i would have in mind but i don' tknow there salary or transfer fee

but it would be nice ot have a decent dribbling passing pacey ish big man who can hold off defenders and head.

23. Quinn 33

Quinn 33 Member+

Apr 25, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So...I'm glancing at our roster and thinking about how its going to shape up in the next couple of months given Pareja's departure. I believe that everyone that is currently on our roster that hasn't been released is still with the club with the exception of a few. Here are the following guys that are basically unknowns:

Rivero
    Thomas
    Pickens
    Mullan
    Smith
    Mera
    Eloundou

Is there anyone else we are unsure about?

Out of those players I would; let Rivero and Mera go, re-sign Thomas if we can get him for a good price, re-sign Pickens if he would like to stay, sign Eloundou, and allow Mullan and Smith to stay of they want to.

24. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Last update was they were both in negotiations

Under contract for 2014 (not even an option year)
    Last update was that they were all in negotiations. Mera's is complicated by originally being here on loan.
    Who the hell knows. Supposedly the Rapids were negotiating with him as his original season-loan expired at the end of the season.

Armstrong, Griffiths, Kindle, Mwanga, Wallace

Of those the only one that I might be interested in would be Wallace.

jayd8888 repped this.
  25. 22SteveD

22SteveD Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2011
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn't Smith and Mullan go through re-entry draft unclaimed? So they are released unless we decide to resign them?

COMtnGuy repped this.