News: Off-Season transaction list

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by JasonMa, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Ihaveabeard

Ihaveabeard Member

Nov 14, 2013
    Club:
    Norwich City FC
    atiba had some pretty decent games for us. he was a miracle worker on defending corners last season. Bringing back cascio is a good idea why op didn't use him and hill on the wing's more often then not i'll never understand. Thomas is great but if hes willing to come down a bit on the money and have a bonus in his new contract that he get's when he doesn't receive a yellow card I'm all for it. Rivero i don't want to see back i do not believe he is the guy that can lead our every attack. neither do i think power's is that role but if i had to pick between the two i'd pick power's.

interesting to see them basically clean house on our depth. SKC has myer's we could toy pickens and something for him. we could use another solid right back and this allows wynne to fit back into the cb role where i actually think hes slightly better.

2. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This poster looks familiar....

3. aurelius

aurelius Member

Jul 24, 2007
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    The best of the news is Sanchez! Now I will wait to see how we deal with the 3 most important needs IMO that remain to be dealt with:
    --RB
    --Rivero
    --Center forward--if not Buddle then who?

4. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
  5. COMtnGuy

COMtnGuy Member+

Apr 5, 2012
    Higher than you
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #30 COMtnGuy, Dec 10, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
    Yeah RB does pop out at you, Wynne is fine if all you want is defense but it would be nice to get both outside backs with ability to get forward and make a defense react.

edit: Just dawned on me, Rapids think Thomas is making to much but not Buddle!

22SteveD and jayd8888 repped this.
  6. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO
    guess well have sit back n wacth dis

m vann and JasonMa repped this.
  7. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thomas is in an option year, Buddle may (sadly) not be so the Rapids have to keep him, trade him, or cut him and get nothing back. I'd go with the last option myself but the Rapids may thing otherwise.

(Or worse yet, his contract could already be guaranteed for 2014!)

22SteveD repped this.
  8. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO
    He produced in games this past season, that should be worth a price greater than zero. But yeah, not at near Casey prices, that also makes for a hard trade.

9. Ihaveabeard

Ihaveabeard Member

Nov 14, 2013
    Club:
    Norwich City FC
    buddle need's to go send him to golden corral for free buffet meals for the rapids front office.

10. Stuart95

Stuart95 Member+

Mar 11, 2012
    NoVA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My guess is that OP will send two or three of these guys out on loan for consistent starts/seasoning

11. xingyiz

xingyiz Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Tweet from Bianchi " Serna is an attacking mid - that's where he/team want him. Bravo went out of his way to say team wants to get him more PT."

Thank god they don't see him as a right back sheesh I thought they would follow the train of thought from the jack aces at US Soccer. Interesting tid bit regardless. Hope he gets to go somewhere like Fulham this off season.

BYLRPhil repped this.
  12. W.J. Marx

W.J. Marx Member

Apr 5, 1999
    Boulder, Colorado
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mehdi Ballouchy is available via Re-Entry Draft. Drafting him would be a painful reminder of the original trade when we gave up an excellent D-Mid and consummate professional for this worthless git.

Also, though I never liked Bobby Boswell, having met him years ago, he may be a solid addition to the back line if he can be had for reduced price.

Others to consider include RB's James Riley & Sean Franklin.

13. Quinn 33

Quinn 33 Member+

Apr 25, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thats not how you spell "whinny f**kstick."

BYLRPhil, Dom. FC and m vann repped this.
  14. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You need to go say 10 Hail Pablos for even suggesting such an idea! :D

15. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Franklin and Wynne have similar salaries. You couldn't have both. For the record, I would probably take Franklin over Wynne. As for Riley, I know he's a native son, but let's face it, he's a hack. I don't trust him one bit. He's been known to commit a rash tackle or two and often in critical situations.

jayd8888, BYLRPhil and JasonMa repped this.
  16. Jimmydinho

Jimmydinho Member+

Jul 6, 2007
    Denver, CO, USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rapids add Marc Burch from Seattle. In re-entry draft.

welcome aboard.

22SteveD and COMtnGuy repped this.
  17. Quinn 33

Quinn 33 Member+

Apr 25, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Burch's salary was only $75k last year, so he fits the fill for a budget player.

JasonMa repped this.
  18. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Doesn't wow me but then again you probably wouldn't be in the re-entry draft if you had "wow factor". Nonetheless, Burch is a solid player and can play all across the backline, if I'm not mistaken. He should be a decent addition for a cheap price.

19. DavidJames

DavidJames Member+

May 11, 2003
    Longmont
    Marc is mostly a left back no? I don't recall him playing much centrally or on the right.

I reserve the right to be wrong, I'm well under my quota for the day.

20. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You are right. Burch is mostly a LB and can play LW in a pinch like he has done numerous times for Seattle. I was originally thinking about long-time Sounder Zack Scott who can and does play all across the backline.

21. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #46 m vann, Dec 12, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
    Boswell is headed back to DCU and Franklin is following him. Zakuani is headed to Portland! that has the same or more shock value than him landing in Colorado. Although, Zak is reunited with his college coach.

JasonMa and COMtnGuy repped this.
  22. DavidJames

DavidJames Member+

May 11, 2003
    Longmont
    I always liked Burch's game in DC. At least the parts where he unloaded some nice long range shots and his crossing. Can't comment on his defense.

It would seem the team has two decent left back's now.

23. Popamatic

Popamatic Member

May 25, 2007
    Highlands Ranch, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It looks like Dan Gargan is available. A couple weeks ago San Jose released the Gargan:
    http://www.sjearthquakes.com/news/2013/11/earthquakes-decline-options-six-players.

He played 8 games at RB for San Jose last year, and most fans liked him and thought he did a fair job. He was paid about $88K for his one year with the Quakes, which may be somewhat high, and he does turn 31 next week, which some of you youngsters might consider to be too old. But if the Rapids have absolutely noone at RB, he would work I think.

24. W.J. Marx

W.J. Marx Member

Apr 5, 1999
    Boulder, Colorado
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That they do. Are 2 LB's important in view of Rapids lean situation at CB & need to upgrade or simply replace Wynne. Boswell was available at selection #13. Did we pass him, a need at CB for a cheaper but unnecessary LB? Is cost the only issue? I am mystified!

Unless, Pareja has some magic up his sleeve, I believe a costly (although cheaper) mistake has been made.

25. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    So by choosing Burch in the 1st round, does this mean they agreed to pick up his option? (So, he's on the roster, it's not a case where now they just have his rights?)