Oceania Rep Team

Discussion in 'Oceania' started by Crowdie, Jul 17, 2003.

1. tenpo

tenpo New Member

Jul 30, 2003
    Sydney
    From what I've heard Tim Cahill is likely to play for Australia, and will be eligible after January when FIFA is going to introduce some new rules. He played for Samoa when he was 14, and has been trying to register for Australia ever since.

I would hope he's not trying to register for Ireland! If we're letting him into our training camp it'd be a slap in the face for him to turn around and register for another nation!

2. Auxodium

Auxodium New Member

Apr 11, 2003
    Perth, Australia
    NO NO NO he is there to train with the Socceroos to get a feel for the team and get to know the squad better as well as the coaching staff. 7 days to go for the match i see a 2-1 win in extra time for us.

3. Doctor Stamen

Doctor Stamen New Member

Nov 14, 2001
    In a bag with a cat.
    Well at least he can say he's the best player in the Samoan team with confidence :D. Maybe it'll be like rugby, and he'll play for NZ until he gets a bit old and faces too much competition, then return to Samoa :).

4. Auxodium

Auxodium New Member

Apr 11, 2003
    Perth, Australia
    Well we lost :p 2-1. But i can say we lost positively and not comprehensively beaten. Tim is a good player and he is training with the Socceroos also at the Jamaica match but he will not play as FIFA (grrr) won't bring in the new rule until Jan 2004.

5. Crowdie

Crowdie New Member

Jan 23, 2003
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Right gentlemen, have we decided on a final team and if so what is it?

Crowdie.

6. Auxodium

Auxodium New Member

Apr 11, 2003
    Perth, Australia
    Kalac gk
    Niell
    Foxe backs

that is all i have agreed on so far! :p