Obama Failure Thread Part IV

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by argentine soccer fan, Sep 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for literally illustrating my point.

2. Quayle

Quayle Member

May 2, 2012
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Without evidence? I just gave you a whole paragraph. YOU chose to ignore it and play the racist card. Not only did you call me a racist, but you got my living location wrong. I guess I'll give you a pass for not knowing what color I am or living location, since you probably had me on ignore at some point over my Big Soccer time.
    Using your logic, YOU are the racist.

3. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your name was Steamer, a play on Cleveland Steamer, your avatar was the Cleveland Indians logo, I never put anybody on ignore, and we're both American Caucasians of European ancestry. How am I racist again?

4. Quayle

Quayle Member

May 2, 2012
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions

5. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    So? It's not like you picked 'em out. Why bring it up here to battle a strawman?

6. stanger

stanger BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe in the fact that this instance is a Dem supporter is willing to advocate for voter suppression in order to get his/her candidate/issues passed/not passed as opposed to actual Democratic party operatives. But is still feeds the idea that in order to "win" supporters from both sides are willing to do what is necessary as opposed to what is right.

7. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The facts do not support your assertion. Every single voter suppression bill passed in the last 2 years has been passed by GOP legislatures. I would venture to guess that the vast, vast, vast majority of voter suppression laws passed in the the last 3 decades are GOP driven. Quite simply, the GOP is driving itself ever rightward, alienating the center, while the demographics continue to work against them. As a result, they are currently playing for keeps. They are attempting to literally destroy the democratic process in this country through destruction of the unions (the only major spending force on the left) and through systematic voter suppression, so that they can extend their power for as long as possible, winning not just the next election, but every election for the foreseeable future.

The Republican leader of the Wisconsin Senate essentially confirmed this in an interview on FOX News right in the middle of the collective bargaining battle last year.

Minnman and American Brummie repped this.
  8. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ahhh, I apologize. St. Louis is most definitely NOT in the Rust Belt...:rolleyes:, and if your parents are "mixed," mixed what? I don't know anything about your ethnic heritage, but I do know some things about you:

1) You have received formal education but are relatively uneducated (and therefore not likely the recent descendants of immigrants or parents who have recently moved upward in the social strata)
    2) You are a Republican who is born in either Missouri (87% white in the 2010 Census) or Illinois (71% white in the 2010 Census), and from the St. Louis area (44% white), so there is a slightly-less than average chance you report yourself as a minority than the national average. Moreover, you say you live in a small town on the Illinois side - I'd guess Collinsville or Edwardsville - both of which are much more white than the rest of St. Louis. As we know, white men are much more likely to be Republicans than the national average, so I'd assume that your Republican-ness gives away to a certain extent your self-reported ethnic identity.
    3) You have enough time to post on a soccer blog, meaning you much more likely to be in the top 20% of our society's income strata than not. Look at your comrades on this site if you doubt that most P&CE posters on BS are wealthy.

Put together, the probability that you are NOT white and identity as white is virtually impossible given your education, your self-reported location, your partisan affiliation, and your social status. You're a white guy, and since most Republicans think Obama wasn't born here for no evidence other than his name and the color of his skin, I'm perfectly at liberty and damn well right to call you racist.

9. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Eh, you're conceding this one too readily. St. Louis is a border town. It's half Rust Best and half Corn Belt. It's not Milwaukee but it's not Omaha either. It's a bit of each.

10. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    I grew up near Edwardsville too. It's pretty funny that this forum's two biggest dumbasses both come from a two-pig town of less than 25,000 (white) people.

11. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    There's some money in the Edwardsville area, though. I watched the Edwardsville High School soccer team in State Finals a few years back -- that was a white-collar soccer team if I ever saw one. Classy soccer too, triangles & short passing.

12. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    Then it's changed a lot. I suppose my ol' haunted outhouse has been replaced by effete indoor plumbing too.

13. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    [​IMG]

American Brummie repped this.
  14. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All Cardinal fans are"morans"

15. Quayle

Quayle Member

May 2, 2012
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    I have to give it up to you Brummie. You really are first class in the art of deduction. :rolleyes:
    You may be even be better at talking out of both sides of your pie hole. First, you claim to NOT know anything about my racial makeup, then go on to deduct that I'm white. Which is it? And are you so racist that you can't believe that a non-white person could dare live anywhere other than a big city, with a large mionority population?
    I forgave you once for your racist attitude, and I'll do it again if I have to.

16. Quayle

Quayle Member

May 2, 2012
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    You are correct, and they have replaced my hometown as the area (Illinois side) power.

17. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Am I wrong?

18. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're not wrong, Walter. You're just an asshole...
    </dude>
    ;)

19. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one here who cares about the rules?

20. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would think that calling someone a racist simply because they don't like Obama is against the rules.. But then, what do I know? ;)

21. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's from the Big Lebowski.

22. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think if you don't know lines from the Big Lebowski you should be banned from the interwebz.

23. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    Some of us have still never seen it...

24. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Mods: Put a spoiler alert on this thread, STAT.

25. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shit movie