NYRB vs. Chivas Sun 3/30 @ 3pmEDT on MSG

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by kokoplus10, Mar 24, 2014.

1. jeremydneezy

jeremydneezy Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Greenville, SC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The second half was much, much better and it was nice to rescue a point at the death, but you have to question why these guys are struggling to come out with any fire and determination.
    Cahill should have buried that ball early, but not with his head. That ball was falling perfectly to his right foot. It was too low to get anything on it with the noggin.
    I thought Luyindula played pretty well. We were far more dangerous with him in that position. Dax probably had his best game of the year.
    Convey was pretty invisible. I'm not sure he offers anything more than Steele. I really wanted to see us upgrade at LM and at RB this offseason and it looks like we accomplished neither of those objectives.

2. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Never questioned his quality, but he'll be on the IR in a few weeks.

3. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's my biggest criticism so far. It's early so I'm not going to freak out yet, but management said they were going to go get a difference maker or 2 on the outside. Either at outside back or outside mid (or both). Eck has looked like bench fodder/depth...which is fine, but that's not what they said they were going to add to the team. And I don't know why on earth Convey got praise from Petke after yesterday. He was completely invisible. All of our dangerous attacks came through Henry/BWP/Sam/Peggy.

Petke brought him in so maybe it's a little bit of Convey being "Petke's guy" and maybe trying to get some confidence in him. I was also FLOORED when I saw that Steele and Sekagya weren't starting. They had outstanding games last week. Armando looked ready for another red card and, as I said, Convey was invisible.

Also, I assumed Henry wouldn't be nearly as effective this year, but I'm surprised that Cahill is off to such a slow start. it's pretty clear to me that our best 11 right now is:

----------Henry-BWP
    ---------------Peggy
    Steele-----------------------Sam
    ----------------Dax
    Miller-Sekagya-Olave-Kimura
    --------------Robles

deuteronomy repped this.
  4. GunningforMLS1993

Aug 28, 2013
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Facebook. The Red Bulls official facebook page posts this before every match this season. Its new for this season.

5. Woodrow

Woodrow Member+

Dec 7, 2001
    Brick City
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Keep in mind that Miller will either be gone or off the boil for a good part of the season, so you need a credible replacement, which Convey can provide. The early minutes ensures that he is sharp and fit when that time comes.

6. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fair enough, but he's costing us points now with no guarantee that he'll help us earn points when Miller is away.

7. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Convey at LB was one of the few players against Vancouver in the opening week that wasn't a total disaster. I'm more confident with him at that spot that I would be with someone like Pearce or Lade as we've had in years past.