NYRB @ Fire Sat 3/23 @ 3pm EDT on MSG [R]

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by kokoplus10, Mar 16, 2014.

1. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    FWIW the guys doing the MLSsoccer.com preview think Peguy will start, but I don't think they actually know any more than we do.

2. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it was Seeing Red that actually proposed benching Dax for a game and playing BWP up top with Cahill and Peggy in the midfield. I don't agree with that but...

3. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I suggested that on another forum, I think it needs to be seriously considered if Dax doesn't improve his form over the next few weeks. Benching him right now may be an overreaction, but it doesn't do the team any good to keep giving him a spot that he's not earning either.

kokoplus10 repped this.
  4. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    That is complete out of this world, MacCarty is more steady that any other player, is like Cahill you think because he play 2 horrible games have to be let him out, come on......

5. defendyourself

Jul 13, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lineup out:

Fwd: Cahill-Henry
    Mid: Steele-Alexander-Dax-Sam
    Def: Miller-Sekayga-Olave-Eckersley
    GK: Robles

6. jtrex

jtrex Member

Jun 22, 2006
    Providence
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seriously? No BWP or Luyindula? Sheesh. Get ready for what you saw at Van.

7. defendyourself

Jul 13, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only positive is we have some guys who can make a difference in an attacking sense off the bench now. Petke has a lot of options. Alexander Dax pairing can work I think, but this needs to be figured out sooner than later

8. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The theme to start this season: "if it can go wrong it will."

9. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Predictably the Dax Alexander tandem is losing the cm battle. Everyone else seems to be playing well.

10. badideas

badideas Member

Dec 22, 2010
    I really want to post this in a general forum or in Chicago's forum, but in the interest of not getting accused of trolling, I'll post it here: have the Fire fans seriously stolen the "Just Can't Get Enough" chant that Liverpool fans do for Suarez for one of their own players? That's really sad. And I would be saying that even if NYRB did it for one of our own players. It's one thing to re-use a chant that is a "traditional"/"old" chant that isn't specific to any team/player, it's another thing to re-use one that was just created in the past few years and is very specific to a certain team/player. Certainly MLS fans are more creative than that. Makes MLS fans as a whole look tacky, honestly.

11. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our " improved" outside backs almost combine to give up another fire goal. Miller w a horrendous miscalculation of the ball gives the fire a free cross. Ecks man beats him near post but misses the net.

12. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Curse of the announcer. Dax makes me pay for my comment. 1-1. Calm finish. Well done.

Both goals sort of unlucky. This is a fair score line so far.

13. badideas

badideas Member

Dec 22, 2010
    Also yeah since I haven't posted here in a while or kept up with things I'll also say that I think it's hilarious that we signed Eckersley since he was persistently one of the reasons Toronto had one of the worst defenses in the league for the past few years. But I'm presuming you guys have covered that.

14. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I mean...I'd certainly kick you out of here if you went after Red Bull fans so....

15. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eck doesn't seem TERRIBLE to me but the signing was disappointing since management said they were going to UPGRADE the outside back position.

16. badideas

badideas Member

Dec 22, 2010
    Don't you think it's kind of cheesy? There are a lot of songs in the world for which people can change lyrics. If you lead a supporters' group, why not be creative, and not give people who look down on MLS another reason to laugh at it?

I agree that he looks a little better in the context of our team, but I remember enough woeful mistakes that I would classify him as a below average MLS defender.

17. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unnecessary yellow for olave. Sekagya was in position to help.

18. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not disagreeing w u about the chant per se. Just telling u what's likely to happen if u suggest that in the fire forum. ;)

Eck is avg. to me.

19. Slim_Tim501

Slim_Tim501 Member

May 19, 2010
    North Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A lot of clubs have borrowed the chant. I think Celtic actually started it, not Liverpool. And I have heard the South Ward sing it.

20. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    F#cking Alexander giving up on a run that could very well have been a goal. I've seen enough Mike. Take him off.

21. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was actually a pretty good half. A little concerned that we look panicked on the fires quick counterattacks.

The only change I'd make is Peggy for Alexander. Alex has been useless and most of our attacks are coming from outside as a result. And giving up on that run is inexcusable.

22. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Center Midfield battle lost against, fire counter and almost score.

23. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dax should not have played that ball to Eck. Ensuing terrible turnover at cm by Eck leads to a great fire counter attack and chance on goal.

24. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003

MacCarty has been playing Defense Midfielder along always and he play good when he have not to spend his time washing the back to some body else....

25. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    AGAIN another horrendous decision by Dax to try to switch field to Eck when their was fire coverage near him.