NYRB @ DC United Sun-April 22 at 6PM Game Thread [R]

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by ag nigrin, Apr 15, 2012.

1. lkgf09

lkgf09 Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DC had a midweek game which should work in our favor.

2. ag nigrin

ag nigrin Member

Mar 4, 2002
    NJ, USA
    Rafa plays D-mid... he is the focal point of our D... nuff said...

3. ag nigrin

ag nigrin Member

Mar 4, 2002
    NJ, USA
    The scrounged a tie 1-1 vs Montreal...so they are now unbeaten in their last 5 games but they were only able to tie the last two at home...

4. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    If Lewis say: "At the moment they’re relying on Keel at centerback, rookie Connor Lade at left back and – should Marquez be suspended - either Lindpere or 20-year-old Victor Palsson at central midfield."

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/soccerblog/gm_soler_red_bulls_looking_to_add_dQUxEsGX65OzJwHCqouZWN

Is because in his chats with the big RBNY honchos they toll him something about it, I don't think he will invent that.....

5. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Well I will give you the news, that look like you have not read lately....

We sign Rafa, Conde, Tainio, Miller and a flock of bandits free fighters with them, but they are down, Rafa, Conde, Miller and Tainio out of the game, so who to play?....

6. st ryma 7

st ryma 7 Member

Dec 23, 2004
    the south bay
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    been a while since ive been on this site, (im sure im still on a few of your block lists **cough** METZ **cough** ) but im looking forward to catching this east coast game this weekend, and it should be a good showcase for henry on espn.

7. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Maybe he can juggle a defender down the sideline like he did to a certain team on the ESPN game last year :D

8. st ryma 7

st ryma 7 Member

Dec 23, 2004
    the south bay
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    easy, iceman, i didnt come here to start trouble or even bring up the conference semis from last year when a certain ex-red bull's goal knocked you out of the playoffs on his way to the mls cup. kidding.

but seriously, for the first time in a couple years im enjoying watching reb bull soccer, it seems like every week you guys are up for goal/save/player of the week. henry is on fire again. the only weak point right now is marquez losing his cool and hurting the club by doing something stupid, whether it results in a red or suspension.

but overall, my main point is that the soccer you guys are playing is high quality, for any level.

9. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Sorry, I just loved that play lol.

We're playing great attacking soccer, and very poor defensive soccer, which makes for some very exciting games especially for neutrals. Dax improving his form has been huge, we finally have some semblance of a link between the midfield and strikers without Henry having to drop back to our own 18.

10. Backe to the top

Mar 8, 2010
    Nottingham
    Club:
    Everton FC
    I would like to see Palsson slotted in at DM. It's his position and I consider him a low risk option considering his experience in the SPL. Let's face it, Tanio and Marquez will be out frequently so we need Palsson to get some playing time. I think he will prove to be a very good aquisition.
    Good luck to Lade. Not the most confident back line to be joining. I think we can safely say the focus in training this week will have been defence.

11. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I don't think we can safely say that at all, if there is one coachable mistake that Backe has been noticeably at fault for this season its the lack of organization in the back line.

12. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    I don't remember a day when I have asking to block any visitor to this list, except if he or her come with insults or critics that offend the RBNY fans, so for my side you or any other soccer lover are welcome any time....Of course you will be accountable for anything that you write in favor or against our team, fans and stadium...

13. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Except the signing of a bunch of retired old players, that time by time to often for my taste looking like that they are dead tiered and are walking on the field when they suppose to be running to interfere on the play and, that he (Backe) refuse to make the Subs for this players and try to win games instead of tie or lose to many games season after season...

And this it is only the beginning of the 2012 season and we have problem with Conde, Tainio, Miller, and in state of mind Marquez and pretty soon a couple of more old ones and all of this with out ready Subs to play for them, because Backe refuse to give a chance to the youngster when time over time he had the chance to do it with out risk anything and at the same time keep this young players ready to play when they are needed to sub players when they get hurt or tiered that is happen after 60 minutes of play in almost every game....

And that is Backe fault.....

14. theENFORCER

theENFORCER Member

Apr 10, 2010
    NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Although he had a poor performance against RSL, which is expected for his first MLS star, he definitely deserves another shot. We need someone who can help our defense

15. Backe to the top

Mar 8, 2010
    Nottingham
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Backe has stated he has been through video footage etc with the defence. In my opinion, he could talk about defending, go through set plays and analyse video footage all day. It seems the defence never get much better. Simply put, they just aren't very good. Conde is clearly a different class but he is likely to be injured for most of the season. They then go and add a rookie keeper into the mix (who has done well to be fair). A recipe for frequent goal leakage if ever I saw one. Not good enough to win any trophies. Poor show. Spend some cash and get some additional defenders Soler.

16. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probelm is Soler has already chosen these pitiful defenders and you want him to pick more winners??? Are you sure?

17. Backe to the top

Mar 8, 2010
    Nottingham
    Club:
    Everton FC
    If he keeps buying defenders I am hoping by the law of averages at least two of them will be decent and not injury prone. If he has the major say in signings which I'm sure he does, he really needs to be fired. Red Bull need to follow Liverpool's lead.

18. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    If we loose to DC today, will be the beginning of the end of the 2012 season for the RBNY....

20. Beerman

Beerman Member

Feb 16, 2001
    Denville NJ
    that was ugly

21. Evan51838

Evan51838 Member

May 31, 2006
    Albany NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is poor.

22. wtimkey2016

wtimkey2016 Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dc goal scored by Lade, assisted by Solli, Keel and Pallson.
    And by the way DC scored again, this is ridiculous

23. Beerman

Beerman Member

Feb 16, 2001
    Denville NJ
  24. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Worst def mids and defenders I have ever seen us have. We are pitiful in defensive 1/3!

25. theENFORCER

theENFORCER Member

Apr 10, 2010
    NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Although Lade is to blame for the goal I can't really blame him as Santos went by three of our defenders in a tight spot..

I don't even think the defense was that bad today they are just playing stupid.. Turnovers, stupid passes, mental lapses, etc.. This shit is just getting old.. sometimes i wonder if they practice defense in practice.

Palson also has mental lapses and freezes when he has the ball. He's not a bad ball winner but he's just not smart

on offense we are just trying to cross the ball in.. to no one particular

ugh. I'm done with Backe lets try someone new