NYCFC can loan up to 4 ManC players

Discussion in 'New York City FC' started by Yoshou, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Commence the farm club freak out, I guess? Kreis said on Man City TV today that NYCFC is allowed to loan up to 4 ManC players.

http://www.soccerbyives.net/2014/02/kreis-city-players.html

The good news is that the players Kreis is talking about are on the youth end of the scale and not the higher paid and older players that the thought experiment post from earlier in the week.

2. BlueIntent

BlueIntent Member

May 24, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    At a guess we are talking EDS players.. Like Lopes, Pozo, Hwus and Rekik , players that perhaps got a few games for MCFC already but will need to play competitive games on a regular basis.
    I´d rather see them than some semi-retired 35 y.o player I must admit.

Egbert Sousé repped this.
  3. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This will be important for the club to be competitive right away. It's difficult to assemble an entire team in just a few months through the expansion/super drafts. Bringing in these four players could probably give us at least 1 or 2 starting quality players as well as some depth.

Egbert Sousé repped this.
  4. oneeyedfool

oneeyedfool Member+

Nov 17, 2012
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I for one am all for this team maximizing any and all synergies with the parent club in Manchester.

Roma_NY repped this.
  5. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Absolutely. If done properly, it will give us a competitive edge. Just the advantage we can get by sharing their scouting network alone will be something no other club in the league can compete with.

6. oneeyedfool

oneeyedfool Member+

Nov 17, 2012
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly. The more pervasive the co-marketing the better, I say. Really maximize the synergy annual friendlies vs the other Man City teams (Melbourne, the Mid East one, future buys, etc) for a "City Cup." TV commercials featuring Man City players and NYC FC players. Free Manchester City swag given away at games. Coverage of all City teams on YES. One Man City "superstar" loan for the EPL off season. Challenger the bald eagle flying before important matches. God Save The Queen, the Emirate anthem and The Star-Spangled Banner before all matches, to show how international the team really is. Fish and chips and prawn sandwiches served up by Centerplate as food options alongside typical American fare. So many possibilities!

7. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Obviously your just trolling but those are not the things I think/hope they will utilize from the partnership.

8. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course he's trolling, he's a Cosmos fan.

9. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone know enough about MC u23,u18 and loanees to guess who the 4 might be?

10. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You'd think it would be from their EDS team primarily, the EDS is pretty much a U21 team. Some names that keep popping up for me are Marco Lopes, Razak Nuhu, Luca Scapuzzi and Karim Rekik.

Then you have the fringe players for City that might come over for more playing time. Players like, John Guidetti. Dedryck Boyata and Jack Rodwell.

11. BlueIntent

BlueIntent Member

May 24, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Pozo is a supertalent as well and still hardly 18 y.o.. But players like Huws, Hiwula, Ruznak.
    Rekik and Guidetti are top Erediv quality right now and could well end up there.
    Lopes is being groomed for a first team spot I think.

12. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is what I thought. Most of the younger players that people are assuming would loan to NYCFC would most likely make the bench if not be playing for MC next year.

My guess is it has to be more unknown players from their U21s/U18s. Probably more like these guys: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester_City_F.C._Reserves_and_Academy#Academy

13. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. MattND28

MattND28 Member

Jan 10, 2014
    Actually, I took that as a more political, motivating statement.

If a bunch of the City kids are interested in coming to NY, then by Kreis saying "Well, space is so limited....maybe I won't even take 4..." That drives the interest up even higher.

I have to believe being a starter on a senior New York team is a helluva lot more desirable than playing in front of tiny crowds on a U-team in England. I'm positive some turned into Seattle/Toronto to see what's up. Not a bad advertisement really.

15. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No I agree. I think Kreis would like to have them, but is he sure that they would contribute like a Olave or Morales or Saborio have for him in the past?

I'll be surprised if NYCFC has more than 2 youth loanees from MC.

16. Rabbi Keane

Rabbi Keane Member

Aug 13, 2003
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Opens up the possiblity of Manchester City buying players with the sole purpose of loaning them out to NYCFC.
    Doesn't have to be youth players, they could see it as an opportunity to buypass the designated player limits and in reality have 7 DPs at NYCFC

whill4 and oneeyedfool repped this.
  17. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I learned this from discussions about MLS & USL connection, the MLS club still has to pay the loanee his wage and that wage is part of the cap. So unless MC does something completely crazy like pay Nasri under the table and loan him to NYCFC for far less, they still won't get around DP limits and the cap.

I wonder how QPR's loan of Julio Cesar as a non-DP gets played out and how it effects other signings in the future.

18. BlueIntent

BlueIntent Member

May 24, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Perhaps we ought to add Melbourne to the equation? Given that Kreis & Co mentioned that a player signed for NYCFC now might spend the winter out on loan to Australia where the season ends during spring..

19. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Excellent observation. Makes sense.

20. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had been wondering what they would do if they were able to sign someone this summer. I would assume they plan on making a play for at least one or two notable players sometime after the World Cup to start building the hype in conjunction with Season ticket sales and temp (and hopefully permanent) stadium announcements.
    I would think it would be a pretty attractive deal to potential players, having the ability to live in NYC after spending several months in beautiful Melbourne!

21. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The rule only applies to MLS teams that are loaning players from another team with the same owner. The rule is intended to stop the owners from signing a player with a DP level contract at a team without a salary cap, and then loaning that player out to the MLS team for a pittance. Since MLSE doesn't own QPR, they were able to loan Julio Cesar from QPR for a fraction of his actual pay rather than at the full price that NYCFC would have to pay if they were loaning a player from ManC.

SoccerPrime repped this.
  22. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Several references to a "Marco" in there... hmmm.... ;)