NY @ The Scum Sat. 4/12 @ 7pm EDT on MSG+

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by kokoplus10, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Third highest player on our team??? WTF??????? More than Olave???

2. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Toronto is definitely paying the majority of it. The beat writers guessed we were on the hook for about $100-150k of his full salary, although nobody knows for sure.

3. jeremydneezy

jeremydneezy Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Greenville, SC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So IF we believe that RBNY is paying Eckersley closer to 150k a year, and IF we can believe the salaries released by the players union today, then I personally think we really screwed up this RB situation in the offseason.
    According to the numbers released, Franklin makes 275k (base)/298k (guaranteed) so he would have been out of our price range. But Beitashour is listed at 170/177 and Myers is at 160/185. Neither of those guys are dramatically more expensive than Eckersley and both are significantly better in my opinion.
    This situation plus BWP's ridiculous contract makes me question the Roxburgh administration far, far more than before. Curious moves...

4. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The BWP thing is a huge no-no and management should have to answer for that.

Eckersley? Honestly we have ZERO idea just how much he is on the books for. We might be paying him a ham sandwich for all I know.

5. jeremydneezy

jeremydneezy Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Greenville, SC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure if it's a ham sandwich, but I am sure that the oft-repeated claims that the front office would upgrade at RB died a lonely death when BWP's new salary number came into play.
    Fair or not, BWP's performances will be under the microscope from this point on.

6. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    The strangest part about BWP's salary is that they knew he wouldn't even be a regular starter going into this season with the way Peguy was adjusting to the CAM role and Cahill moving up top. Its such an astounding amount for a rotation starter... BWP must have a hell of an agent.

7. Woodrow

Woodrow Member+

Dec 7, 2001
    Brick City
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Yeah. The same one as Eckersley.

kokoplus10 repped this.
  8. theENFORCER

theENFORCER Member

Apr 10, 2010
    NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So... Let me get this straight? We got rid of Barklage because we thought he was too pricey at 60-70k so we replaced him with a worst player who's 2x more expensive?

Not even going to comment about BWP @ 330k. Not even worth half of that salary.

9. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Barklage wasn't let go cause of his wage, Roxburgh straight up said that the move was "tactical". Whether that means they just didn't think he was good enough, or they didn't think they could rely on him because of the constant injuries, who knows...

10. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Official injury report has Eckersley as OUT and Akpan, Armando, and Cahill as QUESTIONABLE. Convey is also apparently likely to be out after picking up an injury in training this week, and Dax has ongoing back issues.

If I were Petke:

---------------BWP-----
    -----Henry---------------
    Steele----Peguy-----Sam
    ------------Dax--------
    Miller-Sek-Olave-Kimura

Would love to see Bover as a 60 minute sub for Peguy too

11. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You watch, Petke's boy, Alexander will find a way instead of bover. Must be personal issue with Bover is all I can make of it uless he really is injured?

12. theENFORCER

theENFORCER Member

Apr 10, 2010
    NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IDK, the same thing can be said about Lade who's fallen off the face of the earth.

13. Woodrow

Woodrow Member+

Dec 7, 2001
    Brick City
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Goddamnit. This is what you get when so many of your players are 30-somethings. Other teams know to press us, but we don't do the same. It is impossible for this team to get into a comfort zone, because other teams know that if they put on pressure, sooner or later, we're going to turn the ball over and give over game control to the other side.

14. Woodrow

Woodrow Member+

Dec 7, 2001
    Brick City
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Still 0-1 in the 24th. I guess everybody else is at the game.

15. PetkeSweaterVestSexy

Apr 12, 2014
    Mike Petke's bedroom
    No talk about the game? Typical BS Redbulls.

It's a good thing Petke is impeccably dressed and so handsome. Because he's doing a horsepoop job of preparing the side.

16. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Yikes, what do you even say about that finishing display? I know getting a head on the ball was never Henry's game, but give me a break... Steele, Sam, Alexander, Dax, Peguy all had great looks at goal and couldn't convert either.

17. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're so f#cking $hitty.

18. bmo180

bmo180 Member+

Jan 25, 2012
    so team needs?
    -RB
    -creative attacking player on the left or in the middle
    -center midfield depth? I thought Alexander was solid depth but hes been underwhelming
    -or another striker, with Cahill in the middle
    -get younger..

we really could use that 3rd DP

19. tigersoccer2005

tigersoccer2005 Member+

Dec 1, 2003
    North Bergen, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #44 tigersoccer2005, Apr 13, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
    Absolutely horrible game last night. As a fan of the Red Bulls it was tough to watch the team flop out there with no clear direction and a lack of energy. Some guys were machines out there never giving up and trying hard (Sam comes to mind) but a great part of the team looked as if they were just going through the motions. I feel bad for Robles--he's a good player but the defense has been a little shaky lately, there's only so much one man can do. DC also played horribly-- after they scored their one goal,they decided to defend the result. These things combined to produce one of the most boring games played in this young MLS season.

Petke needs to find a set up man/midfield general badly. Ever year we complain that the team needs a midfielder that can read the game and make the passes to the forward, and it seems every year the office tends to concentrate on other needs. It is clear that this team is severely lacking in the creativity department. A predictable offense becomes an offense that is easily defended.

20. harvest00

harvest00 Member

May 16, 2010
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    This team not only lack of energy and a midfield general as per TighterSoccer2005 said, this team actually do not have a young capable forward who can dash, run on and score. for this team coach only hope Cahill/Olave to score with their headers.
    Henry was immobile the whole game last night, looks old, what Petke should do is install Henry as a super sub at the 70 min. of the game.
    Very disappointed at Petke, seems he is lacking the power of authority.

21. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Rewatching the highlights, there is no reason this game shouldn't have been won 3-1 or 4-1... They had 10 shots from inside the box go off target, how the hell do you flat out miss that many shots from so close? These weren't half chances, these were excellent opportunities where our guys had time and space to finish the play.

22. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We should have scored 4 or more goals. Henry, I hate to say it is looking very old and like he was in his first season and a half with us when he could not score. Peggy, Alexander, Steele and Dax also looked horrible in the offensive box finishing. I say bring in Henry in the second half as a sub as he looks to be pacing himself. Time for Alexander to sit, God (Petke) forbid.

23. packy

packy Member

Mar 21, 1999
    Thought the defense was OK, all defenders doing well. Of note was Kimura, recently slammed on this board, who had a particularly solid game. The injured Dax was just OK, just not up to his typical standard. Sam was MOM after Robles. Henry was not up to par and missed an easy header that he should have converted. Luyindula and BWP were frustrating. Steel as usual was aggressive enough but his skyed passes were a disgrace. Alexander was his usual 3 ft behind in marking Boswell for DC's only goal. As stated before, I've seen enough of him. Lade was promising during his short stint.

24. Woodrow

Woodrow Member+

Dec 7, 2001
    Brick City
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    This team needs to play better, clearly they are capable. But there's no sense of urgency, no willingness to fully commit.

kokoplus10 repped this.
  25. jeremydneezy

jeremydneezy Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Greenville, SC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A strange, strange game.
    For some reason this team does not know how to come out and play with intensity. They require a wake-up call week in and week out. It's incredibly frustrating.
    I have to agree that Henry is looking very immobile this season. The front office has to make a bold signing this summer that will begin the transition of the team into the post-Henry era. We've relied on Henry being both a goalscorer and playmaker for the past few years but he is probably capable of only one distinct role now.
    Sam has looked consistently dangerous but everybody else in the attack has been up and down. That being said I think RBNY played rather well in the second half but the finishing was severely lacking.