NY Cosmos to Join NASL

Discussion in 'New York Cosmos' started by Smoke & Mirrors, Jul 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Green and BLue

Green and BLue Member+

Seattle Sounders FC
    Nov 3, 2003
    Republic of Cascadia
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Papadop? More like Papadopkis, amiright? (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

2. atlanticTFCfan

atlanticTFCfan Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 14, 2007
    Sydney, Nova Scotia
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    SoccerPrime has it. Stay on topic, please.

3. HailtotheKing

HailtotheKing Member+

San Antonio FC
    United States
    Dec 1, 2008
    TEXAS
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nothing has ever been posted on this board that has been as ironic as this. Ever.

4. Smoke & Mirrors

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Man it sucks when I have no choice but to rep a post by a Rowdies supporter.....LOL

5. Smoke & Mirrors

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You're right, you shouldn't consider it moving up. What's occurring now is that your club is operating at the same level as most of the teams in the division above it. It's just one of many factors that can be pointed to as reasons for getting to the level where they have peers.

You'er kind of jumping around a bit in this paragraph. I'll just focus on your final statement. The "slapping on" of the Strikers brand increased attendance by nearly 4x in 2011. We're down a bit from that through the first half of this season, but with PMI in place now to actually do some marketing and advertising of the team, something we didn't see at all earleir this year, I've optimistic that the 5,200+ we had Saturday night is a sign of improvement for the rest of the season.

I don't see where anyone in this thread has said that Orlando City has accomplished nothing. (Edit: Ok, take that back as I now read speedcake's post that followed it. LOL But hey, he's a Rowdies supporter so how much does he really count in the scheme of things anyway. LOL)They won both the season and playoff titles last year right? They did so in pretty convincing fashion. They took an existing D2 team and moved them to a new city. They didn't make drastic cuts to the organization or player payroll, and actually probably increased spending in those areas. Only the FO would know for sure I guess. I've never heard anyone argue the point that Orlando is operating as a whole, on a level comparable to NASL teams as opposed to their USL Pro brethren. I've laid out my argument multiple times how, over the course of a few seasons, continuing to operate at the level they do now, it could very well improve their bottom line to be in the NASL playing against the Rowdies, Strikers, and Cosmos as opposed to the Barracudas, Dutch Lions, Blues (wouldn't count on this for another season), and now Phoenix of the USL.

It wasn't my intention to start a Rowdies/OCSC bacn and forth with my original post. But I think it just highlights one of my points - rivalries. They are really good for the game. We have what looks to be the makings of a great Florida Derby rivalry. It's a bit frustrating to see the potential of it ignored by the clubs.

Papadop, brentgoulet and Macsen repped this.
  6. atlanticTFCfan

atlanticTFCfan Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 14, 2007
    Sydney, Nova Scotia
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    OK, I think it's evident where this thread is going.

Say good night, Gracie.

Hachiko repped this.