NWSL Fantasy League- Season 2

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by BlueCrimson, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    Not going to make a difference. It's not like DeVanna was undefendable last year. quite the contrary as many defenses were able to contain her. As I said, all they need to do is stay home and do not give her space to run

2. babranski

babranski Member+

Dec 15, 2012
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whoa, your right. When I did my original line up I had her as my back up because NWSLFL had taken her off the allocation. I'm glad I changed it.

3. WNYChelseaFan

WNYChelseaFan Member

Apr 5, 2014
    NY
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    ACADEMYDAD: 4-4-2

GK: Solo (Williams)
    Def: Taylor, Sauerbrunn, Foord, Moros (Chapman)
    Mid: Lloyd, Fishlock, Losada, O'Reilly (Bock)
    Fwd: Leroux, Ohai (Kerr)

4. Forgedias

Forgedias Member

Mar 5, 2012
    I'd only go 4-4-2 if I was trying to set up some shut outs for the team. Other then that I think 3-4-3 is the best formation. Get as many attacking minding midfielders into the field with as many forwards as you can play.

5. Forgedias

Forgedias Member

Mar 5, 2012
    If anyone has Rapinoe and Little, they had monster games for Seattle. Rapinoe should at least have 30 points for this week. Scary.

6. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    I had Kim Little. I did not have Rapinoe though (darn).

I count 12.5 points for Rapinoe (goal = 7 points, 3 shots on goal = 9 points, yellow card = -3 points, foul on Rapinoe = -0.5 points). Add it up, and she has 12.5 points (so far).

I count 25 points for Little (2 goals = 14 points, game winning goal = 2 points, 3 shots on goal = 9 points). Add it up, and she has 25 points (so far).

7. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So who had Losada as their fantasy team captain? ;)

SiberianThunderT repped this.
  8. StarCityFan

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chris Henderson - who lives for these sort of calculations - tweeted the following:

9. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    Yes, Rapinoe suffered 4 fouls, which gave her 2 extra points, to get her to 14.5 points.

10. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    Not sure, but if anyone has Solo this week as captain, they may be the leader, because Solo had a clean-sheet, multiple saves, and won the match. Then that person gets double the points if they put Solo as their captain.

FCKC (and Barnhart) screwed me on giving up that goal to Freels of Sky Blue.
    I was pretty much banking on FCKC to shut out Sky Blue.

11. WNYChelseaFan

WNYChelseaFan Member

Apr 5, 2014
    NY
    Club:
    Chelsea FC

I didn't have Losada as captain, but I had her on my team and had Solo as my Vice Captain.

12. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    Great job. However, you don't get any extra points from your vice captain, unless your captain didn't play.

13. WNYChelseaFan

WNYChelseaFan Member

Apr 5, 2014
    NY
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Unfortunately she played, but did nothing.

14. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
  15. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm just plain Parlow12 like I was last year.

Makes me kind of wonder what she's up to since leaving the Thorns.

16. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    I had Solo as captain.

So bummed. I removed Little from my lineup when I found out she was getting back to Seattle so late. I figured she probably wouldn't start, but that was wrong. Grrr!!! Also didn't have Rapinoe, but did have Fishlock.

17. Forgedias

Forgedias Member

Mar 5, 2012
    #70 Forgedias, Apr 14, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
    3 shots? Was that from a stat page? Cause she had way more then 3 shots. Her goal, her cross bar hit, the save that Naehar made that then hit the goal post. Then she had several random shots that either went over the net or she misshit wide. Ahh I get it shots on goal now. Checked the stat page, was counting shot totals. My bad.

25 points for Little is massive any way you look at it. Little will be a must have player especially since she is unallocated. 3-4-3 should be the go to formation.

18. StarCityFan

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I originally had Solo as my captain, but then read Chris Henderson's recommendations and changed to Sinclair. Last time I listen to him. ;)

19. babranski

babranski Member+

Dec 15, 2012
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One thing I learned about last season, Henderson makes recommendations and then puts out a different line up. Kind of like insider trading, he puts himself ahead of the curve if everybody else is going to take Sinclair ;)

Not that my team did any better. Naho & Devanna started on the bench, and I did have Little starting only to listen to some people on this forum suggesting she wasn't going to start because of jet lag.

I had Nairn on the bench, & I invested pretty heavily in a big performance by FCKC and at least a comparable performance by Boston & DC.

Fail.

20. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    Haha, probably my advise. If I had known Little was going to play, she would have been in my lineup as well. It's not my fault Harvey played someone who had just landed from Bosnia 28 hours earlier.

At least you had a captain, I totally blanked on that one and did not designate one. I'm just going to write this week off.

21. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I forgot about that :(

22. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    So when do the official results come out?
    I want to see if I made the Top 10 (which would be a great start after week 1).
    I had Kim Little, Brittany Taylor, Christine Nairn, etc.
    Sydney Leroux as well (multiple shots on goal I believe, and suffered fouls, but she didn't score).
    Sinclair screwed me (she was my captain), as did FCKC's goalkeeper and defense.