NWSL Collegiate Draft to be held January 18th

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by ForeverLOST108, Dec 21, 2012.

1. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    True. She could be a damn good DM for the national team someday.

2. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Someone needs to be. Killion did a nice job for the U-20s. Johnston can play it but i like her better as CB. Maybe Kendall Johnson of Portland.

3. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Anyone out there thinking Kendall Johnson might be interested in leaving? She's a red shirt I believe.

4. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    I like Kendall Johnson's game very much.
    I've seen her play on ESPNU before, and on youth national team.
    She's got game, and takes command on the field.
    She sorta reminds me of Caroline Seger in a way.

5. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You missed it -- there are some players who have completed their degree requirements but still are eligible to play college soccer next year because they red-shirted for a year.

6. babranski

babranski Member+

Dec 15, 2012
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On the flip side, Chi still has two more years of eligibility, wouldn't it be smart for her to bypass the insane pool of Juniors and enter the draft with her own class? I think I read somewhere the pay would be better for her.

Amber Brooks is ready to go in that DM slot, but part of me feels Sermanni isn't a DM kind of guy, watching how he coached Australia and all. I hope I'm wrong, I know Amber and have never met a player who loves to talk about soccer off the pitch like she does. She LOVES the game. I remember her pacing back and forth in fiery anger about a blown call two days after a game.

7. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
  9. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BC classes start the 14th (the day after her last regular season game), so assuming she is planning to complete her last semester, she won't miss much class (or she could be taking the semester off).

10. pressurecooker

Feb 22, 2009
    Boston
    Club:
    Boston Breakers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to her twitter page apparently she is wicked smart and completed her degree a semester early.

11. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    She is very smart. But not as smart as that other chick on their team that posted all over twitter about youth wieners in the showers at Penn State, and her comments about Jerry Sandusky, and then she got suspended for that NCAA tournament match at Penn State. Yeah, that girl. Sharp girl, real sharp. Smartest girl on their team. I still don't know whether to laugh at her stupidity or yell at her for it.

http://onwardstate.com/2012/11/15/b...phanie-mccaffrey-makes-rape-jokes-on-twitter/

[​IMG]
    Stephanie (@stephyymac), whose Twitter bio is “Just off the binky, time to get kinky

12. RUfan

RUfan Member

Dec 11, 2004
    NJ
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A press release from Sky Blue about the draft (I don't know the date and if anything new in it).

http://www.skybluefc.com/home/684713.html

"Players who completed their collegiate eligibility in 2012 can be selected in the 2013 NWSL College Draft. Those players who have been out of college for a year or more, are former professional players, or are currently playing overseas and are out of contract, are considered free agents. Teams will be allowed to sign free agents during a specific window of time, which will be determined soon. The U.S., Canadian and Mexican National Team players will be allocated to clubs at a date to be determined."

Also includes: "U.S. Soccer will subsidize the salaries of up to 24 U.S. Women’s National Team players while the Canadian Soccer Association will do the same for up to 16 Canadian players and the Federation of Mexican Football will do the same for up to 16 Mexican players."

13. TsovLoj

TsovLoj Member

Aug 16, 2012
    Do you think her career's over because of this or is she likely to keep playing? Basically no news updates since the suspension. And WTF is a binky?

14. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    She'll be back next year with Boston College.
    If she does something stupid like this again, then she'll be off the team.

Regarding Binky .....
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binky

15. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    WOW, here were some of her other tweets:
    http://www.zennie62blog.com/2012/11...-soccer-career-twitter-sandusky-tweets-42447/

"Two things I’m sick of in college: being ID’d and getting locked out #misery"

"I don’t think random tourists should be allowed to ride the bc buses #youcantridewithus"

"Fell asleep in my uniform last night after taking the #beanpot…woke up to simba trying to makeout with me #ilikedit @BCWomensSoc"

"RT @UberFacts: A Caucasian male’s right testicle weighs twice as much as that of an Asian male’s which averages 0.35 ounces."

16. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    It was not my "attention" to offend you.

She needs to take more English courses.

17. TsovLoj

TsovLoj Member

Aug 16, 2012
  18. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
  19. TsovLoj

TsovLoj Member

Aug 16, 2012
  20. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    I get what you're saying.
    I think she meant, that she just got done sucking on her binky, and now she's kinky to suck on something else.

[​IMG]

Nacional Tijuana repped this.
  21. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    She had also tweeted a comment about something referencing her vagina on that day, but for whatever reason the onwardstate site didn't list that as one of the tweets. Maybe they didn't catch it (maybe she deleted it in time), or maybe they didn't want to reveal it because they thought it was too graphic. Something about how that doesn't make my vagina ooze, was her specific reply to someone else that had replied to one of her tweets.

23. TsovLoj

TsovLoj Member

Aug 16, 2012
    So I'm not being that dense, it's just not that funny. Got it.

24. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    No, it's not that funny. The only time I ever did laugh at it, was when I was laughing at her own stupidity, and not at the comments themselves. She was trying to be funny, but failed. I think she was only trying to be "the cool chick" in front of her male friends on twitter, and one (only one, who was a BC football player) replied back with any kudos to her.