News: NWSL Allocation List

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by StarCityFan, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah I don't think it was a fair and balanced allocation. Chicago got shafted again.I think the players wishes should have been considered less and balance for the league more important.

2. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now those US-based Mexican players who were razed on the MWNT for not speaking good Spanish can make fun of their colleagues who don't speak good English.

3. babranski

babranski Member+

Dec 15, 2012
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I actually see Chicago doing quite well if they pick up some youth to compliment. They could be sneaky good and win a lot of games this year despite not having a big name on their roster. A whole lot of people telling 1 team they got shafted strikes me as epic locker room bulletin board material.

4. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    If Id done a mock allocation 100 times, including a few drunk, I still wouldnt have ended up like this.

KC, who everyone was worried about did pretty well.

5. lukephan

lukephan Member+

Oct 1, 2012
    KC will surprise many. Sauerbrunn is the most underrated, brilliant, fantastic player on USWNT imo.

6. kolabear

kolabear Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    los angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Grant Wahl weighed in fast:

7. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't rank WNY that high. They got two heavy hitters from the US, but only two, and the CAN and MEX players are relatively unknown. Honestly, I think they got shafted a bit on their intl picks.

8. nick p

nick p Member+

Jul 11, 2009
    Baltimore Maryland
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Megan Rapinoe, Hope Solo and Amy Rodriguez are set to play for Seattle Reign FC

9. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I said the same thing when I saw Red Stars allocations, disappointed. However, LePielbet is a homegirl, Boxx played at Notre Dame. I personally think they will fit in well with Rory Dames' style of play.

Also, Dames will try to bring back some of his players from last two seasons. If Lori Chalupny signs and Ella Masar signs and he can get Brittany Bock to come back to Chicago and can get some other good free agents, Chicago will be fine.

10. Dundalk24

Dundalk24 Member

Jul 20, 2007
    PA/OH
    According to EQS it seems LePeilbet's knee problem has flared up into something serious.

11. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Well that sucks. Although I like both players, but if that's the case, the Red Stars are getting an old horse and a lame horse. Good job allocation people. Way to stack some teams and screw others.

12. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    The crystal ball

Portland should be able to score goals by the bushel. Whether they can stop anyone else from scoring is the question. Is it just me or r LeBlanc and Sinclair attached at the hip?

Seattle did well. Rodriguez is a threat on this level and Kyle should help the offense. The big question is how much spring sans Rapinoe hurts them?

Chicago is solid defensively and should be able to bring back enough offensive players from previous incarnations to stay in the mix. Of course if LePeilbet cant play they shouldnt have allocated her.

Kansas City did very well. Scott is a great young DM, they have three back line studs and a very good goalie. It's going to be much easier to find potential scorers than great defenders.

Western NY has three reliable scorers and a nice young defender (McCarthy). I cant believe theyll go with the Mexican back-up in the goal and they need a lot of free agent help on defense.

Sky Blue has the makings of a solid defense but Schmidt and Ocampo will need a lot of help in the offensive third.

Boston got a little bit of everything but should be able to score. Leroux will get a chance to play 90 minutes, O'Reilly will get to the By Line and Mitts and Wilkinson r both defenders who will get forward. Whether they stop anyone else is the question.

Washington may have done worst. Matheson and Lindsey r good role players but not marquee types. Harris may or may not be there to start the season. If they do get Harris then the three back line players at least give them a solid defense.

13. kolabear

kolabear Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    los angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Julie Foudy on ESPN:

BostonRed repped this.
  14. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And what's the PTFC season ticket pre-reg number now?

15. kolabear

kolabear Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    los angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Beau Dure has some comments on his Sports Myriad page. A sample:

16. aperfectring

aperfectring Member+

Jul 13, 2011
    Hillsboro, OR
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    We won't get any tweets from the owner on that as he is off helicopter skiing for the weekend. I'd expect an update on that sometime next week, though.

17. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000

18. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    choose another name.

ussoccer is handling health insurance.

19. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So players were basically allocated at the whim of Sunil and US soccer? Each team didn't actually have a choice with which players they got? Blatant attempt by the league officials to give Seattle and Portland stars while ignoring the rest of the country. Well, I guess California is already ignored all together by the league, so can't really complain...

20. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Wow, I hope that was a sarcastic post - otherwise you've got a serious chip on your shoulder and your head in the sand...
    A third party did the allocation, based on player and team preference lists.

21. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes. But the bit about California wasn't sarcasm as much as it was discontent..:oops:

22. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Joke! What is Morgan's connection to Portland? I can't see how she didn't end up in Seattle or WNY again. This guy's Marketing Company is dumping dollars into the league like Daddy Dan, so he gets a loaded front-line. It isn't Morgan, is Sinclair. Morgan just has to run off her heals. They even set her up to succeed in the new league. And how in the world Harris doesn't end up keeping for WNY again, given the Sahlen crowd knows her after the champion. She doesn't have a connection to any place. KC would have benefit from Mitts and probably A-rod or Sydney, giving them some kind of offense and a glamour girl. How in the world do 2 of the top 5 forwards in the world end up on the same roster, when they were suppose to spread the wealth. This is continued proof they are pushing Morgan to Hamm status, and jerking off a lot of her piers.

23. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Flash need defenders and middies. Carli Lloyd did a camp at Sahlen's Sports park this summer - as far as I know the only NT player who did an appearance there. I'm not sure it is a total coincidence she was allocated here. I was wrong about Rochester not needing Abby. Her coming to the Flash was all over the local radio and TV news and nearly a top story today. That would not have happened with any other player, except maybe Alex.

24. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We'll probably hear something some time next week (in advance of the college draft). One of the things many don't realize is that Christine has a very loyal following in Portland, probably worth a couple of thousand committed fans -- essentially the Pilots' fan base. Now add Alex to attract a bunch of new fans and Portland is looking really strong attendance wise. Megan would have made it better, but she probably does more incrementally for Seattle so far as fans are concerned than she would do incrementally for Portland.

Which is partly to say, I think some of the allocations should be considered in relationship to what they will do for attendance -- as in Abby to WNY. If that's a significant contributing factor to the allocations, I'm happy as I think attendance in the opening phase of the league is going to be critical to its long-term success.

25. necron99

necron99 Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    You have it backwards. The marketing company man is the owner in Seattle. He didn't get Morgan even though everyone expected him to.

I do agree it is crazy that Sinclair and Morgan are on the same team if they talk at all about parity.