Nuovo Stadio?

Discussion in 'Fiorentina' started by HuntKop, Jan 22, 2011.

1. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fiorentina needs to knock down the stands behind the goals and build new ones closer to the goals.

2. CapPixel

CapPixel Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Vicenza
    Club:
    Vicenza Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The first problem is that, like almost every professional football clubs in Italy, is that Fiorentina does not own stadio Artemio Franchi, but I hope they'll work out a deal like Udinese and Juventus did. Actually I'd like all the clubs to work out deals like those.

NickyViola repped this.
  3. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Ongoing saga. We'll know a little more on Wednesday.

4. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #79 falvo, Nov 9, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
    It will be a problem for Fiorentina to build in and around Florence. The Belle Arti is very strict and has bureaucratic almost communist like thinkers running the show that prevent anyone to build and/or tear down anything. On the way to Fiesole, its almost unheard of that a newer stadium could be built and I doubt it would be built near the city center or even outside the walls. Maybe closer to the Amerigo Vespucci airport (Peretola) or near Sesto Fiorentino and Lastra Signa but that would be a lot further outside of town. I hope I'm wrong and even though Diego Della Valle can pull strings, knowing the way things are built in Tuscany, I don't think a new stadium will happen for either Fiorentina, Livorno or Siena anytime soon.

5. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    We're definitely not getting a new stadium any time soon, with all of the renovations and changes that have been done to it.

6. CapPixel

CapPixel Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Vicenza
    Club:
    Vicenza Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Primise: I'm not a Fiorentina tifoso and I don't know where exactely the stadium is located (Falvo, you know better, really) or even the exact shape of it, but...
    My hope is that they can have the stadium almost for free like Juventus and Udinese did, and then rebuild it as a soccer-specific stadium on the same site (maybe in stages, like Udinese is doing).

Anyway, everywhere in Italy we have problems with arts and archeology, even in a middle-sized city like mine (Vicenza). Maybe only cities like Latina or Carbonia that were grounded during the fascism regime does not have those problems... maybe! ;)

7. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Actually, the Artemio Franchi (formerly Stadio Comunale Giovanni Berta & Stadio Comunale) was initially opened in 1932 during Benito's fascism and its located in the neighborhood of Campo di Marte near Florence's other or secondary train station. It was built for the 1934 World Cup games and then restructured before the 1990 tournament held in Italy. Its a nice stadium but it does need work. The way Italy's crisis is going, it will take a miracle to build another grounds.

[​IMG]

8. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    this is quite funny really, if they cant take the barriers down because they cant trust the fans then surely they should question wether they should be letting these people in, obviously this goes for all clubs not just fio

9. CapPixel

CapPixel Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Vicenza
    Club:
    Vicenza Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I know the history of the stadium, it's almost the same for every stadium built in that period in Italy, from Ancona to Viterbo. ;)

Juventus rebuilt their stadium with their own money, and Udinese is doing the same. I heard that also Napoli is looking into that: having the ground where the San Paolo sits almost for free (actually is a 99-year loan) and rebuild the stadium taking the money from De Laurentiis pockets.

10. Deranged

Deranged Member

Dec 8, 2013
    Your Head
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    I'm sorry but the stadium for me is great, the general structure is one that you couldn't find it England and I personally think it is magnificent, I don't know but I feel as if it is Unique.

11. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The seats behind the goals are too far away from the action.

12. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
  13. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is that a rendering of the stadium in that article? If so, beautiful.

14. CRSvideo

CRSvideo Member

Jul 24, 1999
    New York, NY
    Actually, I don't like it. I mean the roof is nice, but the way the seats go around the field in a circle like they do just keeps the fans further from where the action takes place. A big problem with many of the stadiums in Italy is that they were all built with tracks around them and so the fans are far away (especially behind the goals). In the rendering there's no track, but with the stands in a circle like that we're still kept far away. I really hope they go with something else.

Midfield General repped this.
  15. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fair enough. I hadn't noticed that. You're right that the fans are too far away in Italian stadia. With the crumbling conditions of most of the stadiums in Italy almost anything would be an upgrade though.

16. HuntKop

HuntKop Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Sulla mia Vespa
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'd agree with this 100%. This is the mistake they made with the Delle Alpi, you need the fans right there near the pitch.

17. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Holy crap huntkop is back

Deranged repped this.
  18. HuntKop

HuntKop Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Sulla mia Vespa
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    LOL

Deranged repped this.
  19. Deranged

Deranged Member

Dec 8, 2013
    Your Head
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    I just want the stands closer to the pitch, I love the Arteimo Frachi, it is so unique

20. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It looks like a horse track lol

21. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The grandstands are fine,It's just the seats behind the goals,they're too far away from the action.

22. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Why is that? I was there for US-Austria in 1990. Was it used for rugby or something else?

23. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure if the stadium was built with rugby in mind. I just think it was poorly planned and the seats behind the goal were built way too far away from the action.

24. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Track and field was huge back in the day. That's why.

25. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Did they bring the stands in from the sides then? I don't remember a track around it. It was 24 years ago, so the memory is a little fuzzy. I saw two games at the Olimpico in Roma (Italia-Austria & Italia-USA), one in Artemio Franchi (USA-Austria) & the San Siro (West Germany-Netherlands).