Nuovo Stadio?

Discussion in 'Fiorentina' started by HuntKop, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yes. :D but seriously in every stadium building project some money always comes from the state or government.

2. GIGI RIVA

GIGI RIVA Member

Fiorentina
    Canada
    Aug 24, 2009
    Guelph Ontario
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I can't the city or the region do what Torino did with The Juventus stadia Renovate

3. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    That doesn't make it right, though.

4. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    true but what in life is ever 100% fair and is 100% postive without any negative after affects...:eek:

5. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Anything can have a negative after effect but I just always support voluntary interactions and *always* denounce involuntary interactions, even when those would benefit my favorite soccer team.

I definitely don't think some Firenze-living single woman who does not go to soccer matches should be forced to subsidize a soccer stadium even if it will bring some prosperity (to the developers, mostly).

Vulpinous repped this.
  6. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    About a year ago or so I posted about the college town shopping area that is being built on the way to the Florence Peretola Airport. I remember the Agnelli family started construction in 2004 but don't think its been completed yet. I doubt a stadium will be built but if there is a place foe a new one, the area down there would actually be more ideal for it.

7. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    an important note you guys or any other fans of diff clubs need to take into consideration about new italian stadiums is why has it been so hard previuosly for napoli, fio, roma and lazio to find a place to build a stadium, and why juve is the only cub to manage to build one? juve are corrupt and will do anything to make sure we dont get new stadiums so we cant make as much money as them.

just jokin, :D but ask yourselves this question, if fio build their own stadium, if lazio and roma build their own stadium, then what do the councils do with their stadiums? how will they generate income from stadiums that dont host event every week, this is why juve have their own stadium, they had the coucil in a position where (after 20 years) they were not going to generate money with the delle alpi because juve can fill the san siro out or anywhere else if they needed to, so finally agreed to sell the delle alpi to juve, other clubs dont have that luxury, which is why coucils wont give any plots to the clubs,

napoli have finally made some ground here but nothing is concrete yet and it isnt clear if napoli will own the stadium if a new one is built, i will be surprised to see 1 new stadium in italy in the next 10 years and not because of the financial climate

8. CapPixel

CapPixel Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Vicenza
    Club:
    Vicenza Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    if it works like here in Vicenza, the council is going to sell the old stadium area to private developers (and the Padua university to build student lodgings). but we are waaay far to the groundbreaking of the new stadium (that will be privately funded).

9. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    i've no idea because these guys havent even diceded if they are going to build a new stadium elswhere or rebuild tha san paolo

10. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    +1

11. Payback

Payback Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Switzerland
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina

the stadio can wait:thumbsdown:

12. CapPixel

CapPixel Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Vicenza
    Club:
    Vicenza Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    De Laurentiis surely has the money to do both.

13. Breezy4life

Breezy4life New Member

Oct 2, 2009
    Chattown/Firenze
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This x 100

falvo repped this.
  14. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Spending on stadium (fixed assets) will not be incorporated into Financial Fair Play.

If I was Fiorentina, I would make sure the club owns the stadium ( not sure if they do) then renovate extensively

16. CapPixel

CapPixel Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Vicenza
    Club:
    Vicenza Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Nowadays, the only Italian professional team that owns its stadium is Juventus. In the recent past, only Reggiana owned its home venue (stadio Giglio, now stadio Città del Tricolore), but it went bankrupt and the stadium is now owned by Reggio Emilia's court. At some points in time also Internazionale, Lazio, Siena, Vicenza and (yes) Fiorentina have shown projects for new stadiums, while AC Milan just said they are "thinking about it" (buying San Siro? Berlusconi is in love with that venue) and Torino wanted to buy their current home, Stadio Olimpico di Torino. Recently also AS Roma started to work about it.

But it's not very easy to build something in Italy: we have too many environmental "problems" and it could take decades to see something moving.

My opinion is that the first to build something are going to be Inter (their goal is 2016) and AS Roma, Fiorentina could follow and, if the current ownership finally sells, Vicenza (all the permits are in place... we just need the money).

PS: there're some amateur teams that own their pitch... like Enotria in Milan and Amsicora in Cagliari (I'm not sure if Amsicora still play soccer, anyway... maybe only field hockey).

17. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What is the deal with Vicenza? Is there the support to make a great team?

18. CapPixel

CapPixel Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Vicenza
    Club:
    Vicenza Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If current owner Cassingena sells, yes. The interested groups (one local and one from Lazio) seem to have deep pockets and they both want to go on with the new stadium. The main people in the local group already own 4 amateur teams in Vicenza's province (Marano, Schio, Piovene and Arzignano) and they want to build a big development system with the biancorossi being the spearhead (of course). I don't know the Lazio group well, but they say that they will take the lead only if the local group doesn't buy: eventually they will collaborate with them.

Everything seems on the right track, but they're still arguing over debts: Vicenza has about 10mil € of debts and the interested groups want to pay half of that and leave the rest to the Cassingena (current owner).

I only hope they will buy back our training center: Cassingena sold that some years ago to pay debts... sigh...

19. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Training center will not be expensive. 10 million of debt?

Try the 300 million Rosella Sensi left Roma with

20. CapPixel

CapPixel Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Vicenza
    Club:
    Vicenza Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah, but there's some difference between AS Roma and Vicenza Calcio... and the cities of Rome and Vicenza... ;)

Vicenza Calcio is a small club from a small city: luckily we have a dedicated fandom (we still have more season ticket holders people on the stands than some low-tier Serie A tems and than clubs from far bigger cities); AS Roma is the main team from Italy's capital and most populous city... with "just a bit" of political support... ;)

Edit: I've just read that Vicenza Calcio's debt could be much MUCH bigger... :/

21. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I understand that, but it doesn't change the fact that you still have to clear 300m euros worth of debt.

For someone to come in and buy Vicenza, it will be fathomable to clear that 10m of debt. If they want to make a Serie A team, then they have pockets deep enough for that

22. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Do many US service members go to Vicenza home matches?

23. CapPixel

CapPixel Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Vicenza
    Club:
    Vicenza Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    No, not many. I think that in about 15 years I saw only 5 or 10 attending matches on a regular basis.

24. CapPixel

CapPixel Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Vicenza
    Club:
    Vicenza Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Actually, since the debt situation is much worse than it was declared, the new group is looking to expand with other investors... so maybe the pockets are not so deep. :/

25. Breezy4life

Breezy4life New Member

Oct 2, 2009
    Chattown/Firenze
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Milan actually restructured their "lease" to include a buyout clause in a few years. They are exploring many options including buying and renovating the San Siro once Inter moves out.

CapPixel repped this.