Number of season tickets for each team.

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by patilluky, Nov 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patilluky

patilluky Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Getafe spain
    Club:
    Getafe CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    would be interesting to go knowing the number of season tickets to every computer sold here at the beginning of 2012. or maybe it is too early to start this thread do not know.:confused:

2. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Those google translations aren't getting any better ;). The thread premise is still good, but I don't really know if there are concrete Season Tickets numbers floating around for any team.

3. patilluky

patilluky Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Getafe spain
    Club:
    Getafe CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    PORTLAND, Ore. — The Portland Timbers today announced that the team is sold out of season tickets for the 2012 Major League Soccer season, capping season ticket sales at 14,750 seats.
    Having surpassed a 97 percent renewal rate on season tickets and due to increased demand, the Timbers raised the number of season tickets available by more than 2,000 seats for their second MLS season.
    Additionally, the Timbers recently announced that capacity for all home games in 2012 would be raised to over 20,000 at JELD-WEN Field to accommodate additional season tickets while also making it a priority to accommodate groups and individuals. More than 5,000 seats per game will be available on a single-game basis next season.
    The Timbers sold out each of their 17 league games in their inaugural MLS season and currently have a Season Ticket Waiting List that numbers well over 5,000 people. As a result of the increased season ticket allotment, a number of seats were made available in priority order to those on the Season Ticket Waiting List. Existing full-season ticket holders were given the option to add a limited number of seats, while partial-season ticket holders were given the opportunity to upgrade to full-season.
    Fans interested in joining the Timbers’ Season Ticket Waiting List can contact a Timbers ticket representative at (503) 553-5555 or by email at ticketsales@portlandtimbers.com. With a $50 per-seat refundable deposit to join the waiting list, fans can secure the chance to purchase season tickets when they become available, have priority for additional ticket plans released by the club and have access to special pre-sale opportunities, among other benefits.

4. patilluky

patilluky Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Getafe spain
    Club:
    Getafe CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Hawks Nest open for full 2012 Season

Posted by: Sounders FC Public Relations
    11/16/2011

[​IMG]
    The Hawks Nest will add 2,200 seats for a total seating configuration of approximately 38,500.

RENTON, Wash. - The Seattle Sounders FC announced today they will open the Hawks Nest for the entire 2012 Sounders FC season. The Hawks Nest will add 2,200 seats for a total seating configuration of approximately 38,500. This will be the first time these seats have been open for a full season.
    Season tickets in the Hawk's Nest will go on sale to the public on Thursday, November 17. For more information and to reserve seats, please contact the Sounders FC Ticket Office at 877-MLS-GOAL (877-657-4625).

5. billf

billf Member+

May 22, 2001
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Philadelphia Union capped season ticket sales at 13,000 and by all accounts sold all of them.

6. OleGunnar20

OleGunnar20 Member+

Dec 7, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    i will keep an up to date list if people will post links in this thread to verified sources that contain official season ticket numbers/caps (or links to any credible speculation can go in the bottom list).

these are the ones i have found so far, the links are bolded and the year is the season that the number was confirmed for:

CONFIRMED:

Seattle Sounders FC - 32,000 (2010)

Vancouver Whitecaps FC - 15,500-16,500 (2011)

Toronto FC - 16,000 (2011)

Portland Timbers FC - 14,750 (2012)

Philadelphia Union - 12,000-13,000 (2011)

Sporting Kansas City - 11,000 (2011)

Montreal Impact - 5,000+ (2012)

SPECULATIVE:

Real Salt Lake - <10,000 (2011)

7. OleGunnar20

OleGunnar20 Member+

Dec 7, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    i imagine that at some point we will hear an exact number out of Houston for 2012 with their new stadium and all. Montreal will also probably update their number multiple times as the 2012 season nears.

LA and NY seem to keep a very tight lid on exact numbers for some reason. i couldn't find anything ... i do seem to vaguely remember that RBNY had a goal of 10K for when RBA opened (2010) and reached it? and i can't imagine that LAG is under 10K but i haven't found anything resembling an exact number.

as for the rest of the teams, they pretty much are mediocre to sucky at attendance so i doubt we'll get any announcement from those teams when their season ticket base is probably embarrassingly paltry compared to the high attendance teams that do freely announce their numbers

8. riot71

riot71 Member+

Dec 11, 2003
    New Jersey
    They sold them out for 2012????

9. billf

billf Member+

May 22, 2001
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For 2010 it was 12k, for 2011 it was 13k, and I would expect 2012 to sell out at 13k as well.

10. Allez RSL

Allez RSL Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Home
  11. OleGunnar20

OleGunnar20 Member+

Dec 7, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  12. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    You can add Houston as 6000 (2011) speculative.

13. flippin269

flippin269 Member+

Aug 3, 2003
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One thing that can be confirmed is that least 17 sections of the new Dynamo Stadium are currently sold out.

[​IMG]

14. OleGunnar20

OleGunnar20 Member+

Dec 7, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    tried as i might i could not find any number for Houston or what those "sold out" sections translated into.

but i hold out hope that as the 2012 season approaches they will hit some number they had as a goal and then will feel comfortable announcing it.

15. tex0313

tex0313 Member

Dec 17, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    chris canetti said on 11/15/11 season ticket sales are up 50% over last years totals

16. westcoast ape

westcoast ape Member+

Nov 27, 2000
    Portland, OR
    For some reason I think LA is 4500 to 5500, even if that seems shockingly low.

17. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    They are also the most expensive season tickets in the league I believe, which is part of it, but still is pretty shocking considering their attendance, star power, etc.

18. flippin269

flippin269 Member+

Aug 3, 2003
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Could also be based off the unknown status of David Beckham next year.

19. flippin269

flippin269 Member+

Aug 3, 2003
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As of today, the number of Dynamo Stadium sections that are sold out are 20. 21 if you include the VIP Field section:

[​IMG]

That's at least three more sections sold out in the past 5 days. Fair to assume that the MLS Cup run was a contributing factor to the jump. Curious exactly what the numbers are and how many it will end up being come May 2011.

20. WarrenWallace

WarrenWallace Member

Mar 12, 1999
    Beer and Cheese
    Fuzzy memory here, but I think that the Red Bulls also sold out the middle three sections of the lower bowl on the east (camera facing) side. And those seats were almost always empty. Hopefully those seats in Houston are sold to people and not corporations.

Cause corporations are not people.

3 people repped this.
  21. metros11

metros11 Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Highlands of NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was told by the FO that NYRB have 7,800 season ticket holders for 2012 so far. However I don't believe that number one bit.

22. OleGunnar20

OleGunnar20 Member+

Dec 7, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  23. GVPATS77

GVPATS77 Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Fullerton, CA
    I remember a couple seasons ago the numbers came out and Chivas has less than 500 season ticket holders. That's not a typo. Less than 5 hundred.

24. I remember that. That franchise is a complete joke and should be moved.

25. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I remember correctly you said the same thing about KC at one point and look what happened. It's not your franchise or your money so dont worry about it, its not your problem.

2 people repped this.