NSR-Iberian Penisula: Are Spainards and Portuguese related?

Discussion in 'Portugal: NSR' started by Catfish, Aug 12, 2005.

1. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Bah...Spain can have those parts.....WAY tooooo FRIO over there. I think they let spain have that part for a reason :p

2. |--LdC--|

|--LdC--| New Member

Nov 16, 2003
    Lisboa/Portugal
    Thats not true in fact they hate us, especcially the Minhotos...

3. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    oops, i should of said, wanted in the past. ;)

4. Filho do Dragão

Filho do Dragão New Member

Feb 29, 2004
    Uma Nação
    I can only speak from experience. When I moved to the north (Esposende), there were quite a few adjustments to make. I discovered vinho when I was there. Hehe. People in the north in general aren't afraid to say what they think, including foul thoughts. Especially when it came time for FCP-SLB. It's funny going to a match and you're comfortable with people around you saying things you wouldn't say to your own mother. :D I guess that's why it's effective in the first place.

Anyway, one major difference between us and the Spaniards is they're more fractured than we are. Lusos wherever they are think as one people. The only people who think themselves as Spanish are Castilians. Everybody else seem to want to break away. I'm not sure about Andalusians.

Oh and Olivença é português. Viva os olivençanos!

5. LuisCamoes

LuisCamoes Red Card

Jul 25, 2004
    Boston USA
    good one with the olivencanos :D

6. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    And we (the Minhotos) hate them. Amazing how they stared me down just because Checked out their girls. That's when they grab their arms and say let's leave. Punks! Next time I will take all their women seeings how their so sure it could be done :cool: