(NSR) F_kk Correa

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by Guayaquileño, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yoryi it seems you have a lot of resentimiento towards the big cities... especially GYE.. and I don't say this is in a hostile or sarcastic way towards you. maybe I'm wrong about you, but that's what it seems to me.

I would LOVE for Ecuador to have another big city and I think Manta is going to be that! I would pick Manta to be the next big city in Ecuador because that's what Ecuador needs to be more modern and economically relevant in the international and regional neighborhood. Not to be regionalistic, but the sierra has Quito and Cuenca. Why not add another important city in the coast? As Guayaquileño and fellow costeño I support Manta and it's growth. I'm sure all Ecuadorians do, and if they don't they don't realize that metropolitan growth means a country's economic and social growth.

2. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    In the end, I am not sure what Ecuadorian would not want to see the rest of Ecuador grow...

In the end, it is not about resouces that go directly into the big cities from a national budget, but more about the economy generated by the big cities is going into the rest of the countries budget, after being filtered through to interest parties and corrupt hands.

I am all for Cuenca and Manta growing so that they can share their revenue and participate in Ecuador's growth as well!

3. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    closing the base for the Americans does not mean that it will just be abandoned....Correa's plan was to develop that airbase (which has some of the best runways in South America and the some very modern radar systems) to become the first transit hub for Asian flights in all of South America, honestly that'll bring in 10 times more money than the US military does

4. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    Re: (NSR) F_kk Correa in search for ways out poverty?

what kind of deal is the one with the USA? is until 2009 right?

manta? do you have any pics of that growing city?

5. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Re: (NSR) F_kk Correa in search for ways out poverty?

yeah the contract expires in 2009, it will most likely not be renewed. I haven't been to Manta in ages so I don't know anything about its progress first hand, from what I've heard and gathered though it seems that many hotels are opening up along the beaches, better roads, malls, touristic parts are starting to cater with more modern amenities and the port which has always been a very good port. I also hard that Mitsubishi had a plant in Manta a few years ago, although I am uncertain to its current status of operation.

6. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!
    Non of that kid,ningun resentimiento contra GYE la ciudad,pero SI con los politicos del GYE.Los que siempre se pone en contra cualquier nota que vaya dirigeda asea otra ciudad que no sea GYE.I also blame the politians in Manta has well por no ponerse bien los pantalones.Que por personal greed no asen casi nada por la ciudad,muchas promesas y nada mas.You said something I forgot to mention and you are correct,metropolitan growth means a country's economic and social growth.You are also very correct about Cuenca,,it is also a sleeping giant.

7. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!
    True,lets see if this really happens.:confused:

8. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!
  9. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!
  10. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    el dictador correa, esta medio acorralado por la prensa internacional y la opinion opuesta de varios expresidentes de la region
    en el caso del periodioco el UNIVERSO Y LA violacion a la libre expresion

que piensan los ecuas en el exterior?

11. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If Correa would have lived in 1939, Ecuador's allies would be Adolf Hitler, Benito Mussolini and Emperor Hiroshito.

12. Quilotoa

Quilotoa Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Brasilia, Brazil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Say whatever you want about the press and the obvious problems surrounding Correa's decisions but first he is NOT a dictator! Although I'm not a total supporter of Correa after a month of research on there in January the government is making numerous advances that would be impossible with someone like Noboa or lord knows what.

13. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    LOL...you must be joking.

This is a guy that is ready to destroy one of the most diverse ecosystems in Ecuador if he doesn't get his way.
    This is a man that puts people in jail when they speak against him.
    This is a man that has destroyed true capitalism in favor of everything going to him and his family instead.
    This is the man that has ruined any chance of foreign investment unless it is from Cuba, Venezuela or Iran in Ecuador's economic market.
    This is a man that uses millions of the people's money flying around almost everyday in his own presidential jet.

Please, Adolf Hitler build the most wonderful infra structure in Germany in the late 1930's also known as the autobahn system - that still doesn't mean he was a great leader at all.

14. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I'm no fan of Correa, but I don't hate him either. It's just that Ecuador never had a true capitalistic marketplace. What is was/continues to be/and probably will continue being is corrupt and not transparent.

On another note...saw 'Act of Valor' last night. Worst movie EVER. Propaganda in cinematic form, period. It's way too misleading. Great action sequences, but the rest was just a shame. This is the new recruitment tool.