NSR: Basketball 2.0

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by FootyFan365, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Chacal

Chacal Member

Oct 11, 2010
    California
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haha that's funny, I never even thought about how Europe doesn't care about College B-Ball. :D

PS: I think ADTHE.TV streams the Final 4, check that out!

2. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Hard to believe its been a year since we went to the 'Chip, hahaha never forget that, watching in the Butler suite with the AD and school prez lol!!!! Tonight is the night, time to finish what they started. Going back to Hinkle to watch the game, the same gym Milan did the unthinkable will hopefully be the scene of celebrations as Butler repeat history :) If they win its the 2nd best American sports story of all time behind the Miracle on Ice. and even better in a lot of ways...

3. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Good to see Rodman, Winter, and Gilmore in the Hall. Winter especially.

4. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Bigger than Appalachian State vs. Michigan in NCAA Football? Bigger than 'Nova over Georgetown in NCAA tournament final in the early 80s?

5. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    I'mnot disagreeing or agreeing with footy but Michigan/Appalachian Stat the second biggest story of all time? Hahaha.

6. Drake44444

Drake44444 Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL Appalachian state ? Honestly is he for real?

Maybe stories on this level:

kerrie strug wins gold for American women gimnastics limping, Jackie Robinson plays as first black, michael phelps, kurt gibson hits home run limping around the field in world series for the dodgers

7. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Miracle on Ice, Jesse Owens at the Berlin Olympics, Ali vs. Frazier I, Joe Louis vs. Max Shmelling II, etc.

8. Drake44444

Drake44444 Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks I'll check it out. WAs having problems with it, but will try again. Europe doesn't understand college sports, it's outside their realm of sports consciousness of what real sports are

9. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Was thinking of this one but couldn't think of her name. Yea Jackie Robinson is an obvious one.

10. Drake44444

Drake44444 Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Take some pics of the celebration. I have faith.

Such down to earth school pres and AD to chill with 2 random drunk guys. LOL We were sitting in between the pres or AD and his wife hahaha.

11. Drake44444

Drake44444 Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know an epic game that is kind of recent was the Giants Patriots Super Bowl.

12. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Yeea it was, but the most glamerous and epic one was probably SB XIII.

13. Drake44444

Drake44444 Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    More glamorous than the Appalachian state-Michigan game?

14. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Michigan #1 in Division 1 football losing (AT HOME) to Appalachian State from 1-A is less of a story than f*cking Kerry Strug from a top-5 program winning a title AT HOME?

Bullschmit.

15. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    If there was any reason why I usually don't get all that excited for college basketball, this game was it and a reason why. This was the basketball equivalent of Juve vs. Milan in the 03 CL Final, sleep inducing.

16. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Seriously, how much of a homer can you be? They were playing the team that finished 9th in the Big East this year and were seeded third. And in a hugely devalued college basketball format anyway, considering half the top teams are composed of talented freshmen who'll never play another college game. Compared to the NCState win over Georgetown this isn't even memorable.
    So glad Butler lost so we don't have to keep reading nonsense like that anymore. On top of which,

No, this was worse. Much, much worse. Juve and Milan were just boring - this was boring and also bad play all around. An awful game which demonstrates again that college basketball is a vastly inferior product to professional basketball albeit with more emotional attachment. I didn't bother to watch the second half because I had better things to do - like give my puppy a bath and stream a mediocre Netflix film.

17. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Completely agree, college ball is unwatchable.

18. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    lol, I didn't even know that Butler was located in Indiana, no wonder footy made that wacky comment.

19. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Yes, people still remember Kerry Strug. It's one of the most iconic American Olympic moments. Who gives a ******** about some regular season college football game?

Hell if we want to go down that route I can do one that's far and away more memorable, Doug Flutie's hail mary.

20. Drake44444

Drake44444 Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL do you not read any posts? How do you think he was going to the arena to watch the games. LOL.

21. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Why the shit would I read college basketball discussions? The only thing that caught my eye was the Miracle on Ice comparison and goliath's follow up. I didn't read one post about the tournament prior to that.

22. Drake44444

Drake44444 Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well don't be all shocked when you miss all the info. Although I agree with you on this Goliath thing, nobody cares about Appalachian state. VT lost to a second division team last year. Whoopieee

23. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I've gone to college games and while they're fun, I prefer the NBA. I grew up playing basketball and too many times during college games there are things that have me wondering what the hell was that player doing.

24. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    There is a huge difference. USA were going to medal and they did medal. At home. What a surprise! The Michigan's home loss to Appalachian State carries a bit of a "Miracle on the Ice" quality as Appalachian State were 48 point underdogs. I hope I do not need to explain to you what that means.

I'd do one better - an American hockey player playing professionally in Soviet Union. let's see if you can guess when, who, and what Soviet team he played for.

25. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    1. She was injured, that's the point dude.

2. I have no idea nor do I see the relevance.