NSR: Basketball 2.0

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by FootyFan365, Mar 6, 2011.

1. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    So easy! My whole point was that the HOF designation was silly - you were the one claiming it was important. LOL.

P.S. Jajuan Johnson - watching the tournament from home.

P.P.S. SLAM Magazine - ROFL!

2. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I didn't realize the HOF was such a joke, didn't really understand the process before this mockery.

That's not the point, you said Jajuan SHOULDN'T and WON'T receive any 1st place votes which was a ridiculous statement given his numbers and impact

3. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Haha like your lame ass ever read it before, basketball magazine junkies have no credibility to you my bad, only guys that generalize a players career by pure stats and the amount of All Star games he's been in. They probably put together the top500 in 4 days and has no credibility right? lol :rolleyes:

4. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    ROFLMFAO. I claim it's a bad criteria, but you defend it. Then, when your guy doesn't get in, you claim it's a mockery.

Even Dima can do better than that!

5. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Sorry that I didn't know that they keep their votes hidden in privacy like the NFL owners keep their profit and accounting hidden from labor negotiations. and that they think voting for Ralph Sampson and Maurice Cheeks on the ballot makes more sense etc. I thought the HOF was worthy of its name, only thing I ever knew about it was the induction ceremonies shown on ESPN. Now I'm aware like you, and if you want feel free to join the 'Put Reggie Miller in the HOF' group on facebook if you believe the same way :D

6. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    I do think Reggie Miller belongs in the Hall - as do very comparable players like Ray Allen (when he retires). I just don't care about that criteria, nor about what SLAM says when there's plenty of objective criteria around.

7. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Gus Johnson & Reggie Miller calling the Butler game tonight. If you're from Indianapolis this is so epic, chips are stacked in our favor tonight :D Lets go Dawgs, Arf Arf!!!!

8. Chacal

Chacal Member

Oct 11, 2010
    California
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gus Johnson ********ed up at the end of regulation of the Florida-BYU game, he asked Reggie and Len whether or not BYU should foul even though the game was tied lol. :D Needless to say, Reggie was disgusted.

Anyways, tough loss for SDSU to Connecticut, but that Walker is just a beast for the Huskies.

9. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    HAHAHAHAHA that's so funny you mention that. I can't believe he asked if they should foul, Reggie was so disgusted but held it in well lol!!!!!

Butler is Elite again :D Not gunna lie, they make me really really proud to grow up and learn basketball in Indianapolis. Them Indiana boys just play hoops the right way!!

10. Chacal

Chacal Member

Oct 11, 2010
    California
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haha they made it a little interesting there at the end, no! Stupid turnovers and fouls, and Wisconsin kept creeping a little closer...but nice to see them in the Elite 8, though I think Florida will be tough.

And I didn't watch any of the Arizona-Duke matchup, but was surprised by the final score. Nice to see Zona's program is doing well again.

11. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Yea Zona's coach is really good, Sean Miller from Xavier. His Xavier teams were REALLY good. One year they pretty much beat Ohio St with Oden/Conley the year they went to the Final but some fluke shit happened at the end of the game and they went to OT (I think Ohio St hit a crazy deep contested 3 to tie when Indiana Mr. Bball Justin Cage missed his 1-and-1 to ice the game).

Butler vs. Florida is the rematch from the 2000 1st Rd. Payback is on the way! Florida hit a buzzer beater to win by 1 and went on to win the Nat'l Title :rolleyes: Mike Miller hit the shot I think, they also had Udonis Haslem, Matt Bonner plus Teddy Dupay hitting Jimmer 3's and another big body Weaks or something like that. They were stacked. Butler was inexperienced in the tourney back then and by all accounts and purposes beat the Nat'l Champs that game ;)

12. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
  13. Chacal

Chacal Member

Oct 11, 2010
    California
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Footy, you think Kentucky can beat Ohio State tonight?

I'm looking forward to watching that one.

14. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Probably not but I sure hope so. Hope its a good game at least. I want VCU and Richmond to win, those two would face each other in the Elite8 and their both from Richmond, VA that's so cool :)

15. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Wow Kentucky were great and Ohio St couldn't hit any clutch shots other than Diebler. Aaron Craft almost willed them to win, he's a really smart player.

VCU mimicking Butler now wow haha. I knew they were really good when I saw them beat Wichita St in Wichita, KS on Bracketbuster weekend (Wichita St in the semi of NIT).

Last 2 games of the night made up for the first 2 being snoozers

16. crew92

crew92 Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Pripyat, Ukraine
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel like crying but i cant. Speechless on how many shots OSU missed.

PS Mich St won it all in 2000 not Florida

17. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Yea good call, that was played in Indy actually. Forgot the Flintstones beat them in the Title Game.

Well, Butler gets sweet sweet revenge on Florida today :D This team is so special, they were clearly outmatched from a matchup standpoint and still found a way to control the tempo and make just enough plays to win. So proud, Indianapolis hoops lives on, lives long :cool:

18. crew92

crew92 Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Pripyat, Ukraine
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice to see a program like Butler who does it the right way instead of recruiting shady players who are gone after a year and leave rules violations in their wakemake it to the Final 4.

19. Zenit

Zenit Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 3, 2000
    Above the Tear Line
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    John Calipari, anyone? The guy always seems to be one step ahead of the alleged "law" (the NCAA Disciplinary Committee.) Every program he's departed from he's left in shambles and with a raft of NCAA violations. The "happy traveler" version of Bob Huggins.

Sooner or later, the NBA is going to have to adopt something along the lines of the NFL's policy on early college departures. This "one and done" nonsense is ruining college hoops.

And for the Calipari/Huggins types, the fact that they skip schools for other opportunities should not shield them from some kind of sanction or discipline, if they are found to be involved with violations at a former employer. Those types of coaches are the locusts of NCAA basketball, leaving destruction in their wake, and never graduating anyone (Huggins graduated exactly ONE player during his 16 seasons with Cincy...ONE.)

20. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    The BUTLER Way!!!! Going back to the Chip again its like a fairytale, just need the ending to be fitting this time!!! I was at Hinkle Fieldhouse, the holy temple of basketball with about 7k tonight to watch it go down, it was awesome will be back on 49th St. Monday night for sure! One of the fraternity houses had a banner hanging out one of its windows with an outline of Indiana with the Butler logo and the word, WITNESS...LeBron couldn't live up to it, fits better with Butler anyway :D

The craziest thing, I didn't even realize this until I read an article yesterday. Milan High, the story that the movie Hoosiers was based on, actually lost in State semifinal in 1953 before winning State in 1954, I never realized that :eek: the parallels between them and Butler are almost identical its really eerie....Milan had a tiny 120+ enrollment and won Indiana State title improbably, Butler's is 4k and on the path to do the same. Milan's coach was a player at Butler, Bobby Plump (Jimmy Chitwood) the guy who hit the winning buzzer beater in the State title went on to play at Butler...the real life game and the movie version both took place at Hinkle Fieldhouse. Its a fairytale I've never seen anything like it, if Butler pulls it out on Monday the sequel to Hoosiers will be a Hollywood blockbuster out in time for the holiday season of 2012 or 2013 ;)

21. Drake44444

Drake44444 Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow awesome. Butler to to avenge last year! This is huge, Uconn v. Butler. I was not expecting them to be back and here they are. Repeat again, to make things right! Epic if they win it.

22. Zenit

Zenit Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 3, 2000
    Above the Tear Line
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Everybody is going to be cheering for Bulter, but UConn's story is equally Cinderella-esque. Most preseason polls had Butler in the top 25, everybody knew they were returning a good squad, but no one, and I mean NO ONE saw UConn coming this year. That team wasn't even an afterthought in the preseason polling.

23. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Yea man, they are hoops at its purist sense. Hope the fairytale finishes the right way this time. The way they locked down VCU's influential PG and tweak their defense in game is incredible. They just battle all game and play to their tempo, all of them work as one its amazing how they overcome matchup problems. VCU was quicker and bigger than them in several positions and Florida caused bad matchup problems too, but their just too good and the other team can't take advantage of it for more than just a few spurts in the game. One of the greatest college hoops stories of all time, if they win probably all time!

No they are not equally Cinderella-esque. Just proves again that preseason polls are meaningless and its only there as a starting point for fans and media. They didn't make the tourney last year so they were dogged, Butler came off a Title Game appearance and a decent returning core so there was obviously no way to leave them out the top25. But UConn won the Maui and quickly jumped in, Butler fell out of the top25 and were thought to be out of at-large bid contention.

UConn's 12 straight tourney wins are very impressive, but by no means is this more impressive or improbable than Butler's run lol come on now...Butler averaged 69 pts a game last season, they lost 3 players who combined for 29 ppg. A tiny mid major school losing an NBA lottery pick, and also senior shut down defender and 10 ppg contributor Veasley, and another senior Jukes and coming back to the Title Game??? nothing ever like it before. Butler's success is more so to do with the coaches and how they taught the players to play a certain style and how well they are prepared for each game and how hard they play together, than it is the actual skill of the players, their a rare breed.

24. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
  25. Drake44444

Drake44444 Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tonights the night! I couldnt find a stream for the semi-final, better find it for this. Going to be huge.