NSR: Basketball 2.0

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by FootyFan365, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Good effor from the Pacers footy, but my 6 game prediciiton was spot on. :cool:

2. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    You can thank Tom Crean for that ;)

3. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Is this rough play philosophy a product of Bird?

4. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Probably. That's just good old fashion physical Playoff basketball. Nothing dirty, Hansbrough didn't do anything dirty to Wade. Its the way hoops was played in the 80's and 90's when he was playing and coaching. He built our team to resemble the one he coached, just that we are more athletic now.

Still cracks me up when Noah went apeshit at Hansbrough after him and Foster fouled Rose hard driving to the hoop in Game 1 last year. The younger generation expects play to remain the same from the regular season. No.

5. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    I like the rough stuff too, as long as it's not overly violent which it hasn't been. So rare to see an intense atmosphere like that on the court these days.

6. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    No, but I enjoyed the best player in the world dismantle the Pacers despite not having Bosh and dealing with a supporting cast as bad as he ever had in Cleveland. LeBron's amazing, the Pacers attempts to ******** with him failed pretty spectacularly. Move along, nothing to see here, basically. Not quite sure where the Pacers go from here. They're not quite as young as people think (Granger's about to be 28, I think), and the likelihood of attracting a top tier free agent is still pretty remote; there just aren't many out there. Meanwhile, they have a lot of talent, but the bench isn't very good (the Hansbrough Amundson combo is terrible) and the Pacers have a lot of players who like to iso and then shoot. That works when LeBron does it, but less so when Granger does.
    Still, I don't expect the Heat to win the title this year, unless Bosh makes a fast recovery. And even then, I think they're underdogs against either the Spurs or the Thunder.

7. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    It's so obvious Lebron watches soccer, lol.

8. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Who else found it amusing when Garnett tried his act and LeBron just laughed at him?

9. Chacal

Chacal Member

Oct 11, 2010
    California
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Boston now up 3-2, amazing effort from the veteran Celtics. Miami's execution in the last few minutes leaves a lot to be desired, and LeBron still refuses to dominate at the end of the game. They may be done.

10. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    LeBron deserves great coaching and a good big to help him out. He hasn't had it at all in his entire career. Gets coached by Mike Brown (He's not bad, but I don't think he's great either) and Erik Spoelstra and he has Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Joel Anthony, and Ronny Turiaf. It's an impossibility that Riley will hire Jackson, but he'd be great for LeBron.

Also, credit to Bosh playing despite what happened in his home.

11. MaxV

MaxV Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Considering that Durant is my favorite non-Pacers player in the league and Lebron is douche, I think it's obvious who I will be rooting for here.

Talking to people, it sounds like I'm not the only one with that opinion.

12. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Ahem. Write LeBron off at your peril. The amazing thing about him is that he has basically had 4 bad playoff games in his entire career, yet his detractors want to make that the sum of his resume. He played poorly the last two games against the Mavs, yes, and against the Celtics the year before. Otherwise his playoff resume is absolutely sterling; even when he lost, like in the Orlando series, he put up amazing numbers - the rest of the team killed him. I'm rooting for LeBron actually, because he's a one time in a generation talent who's totally unique with his skill set. We've never seen anyone like him before. Durant is a great scorer, yes, but he's an updated version of Gervin. There's no LeBron comparison and I'd like for him to win so that we don't have to listen to all the ********ing stories about how he can't do it. You'd think he's the first great athlete not to win a title.

13. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    I'm with you, I want Lebron to win too. Purely because I respect his game btw, nothing to do with the legions of irrational haters.

14. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Oh, I don't particularly care about the "haters", I'm just tired of the insane amount of words wasted on LeBron's "inability to win", or whatever else is talked about. Maybe ESPN can show more football with the 3 hours they'd have free.

15. Drake44444

Drake44444 Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So you basically decide who you like based on what ESPN does?

16. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Do you actually read my posts?

17. Drake44444

Drake44444 Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and I'd like for him to win so that we don't have to listen to all the ********ing stories about how he can't do it.

I'm just tired of the insane amount of words wasted on LeBron's "inability to win", or whatever else is talked about.

18. Drake44444

Drake44444 Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great 4th quarter battle between 2 superstars, just what you want in the NBA Finals.

Durant calling for the ball v. Westbrook shooting it.

Durant wins a tight battle.

19. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Right, the and there is pretty important. It suggests there was stuff PRIOR to what you quoted.

Like, for instance: "I'm rooting for LeBron actually, because he's a one time in a generation talent who's totally unique with his skill set. We've never seen anyone like him before. Durant is a great scorer, yes, but he's an updated version of Gervin. There's no LeBron comparison"

20. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Hate to see it, bit Lebron did his thing.

Enjoy your store bought championship Miami

21. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    I'm glad we've finally settled who the consensus best player of his generation is.

22. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I'm sure Kevin Durant will have something to say about that

23. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    You're right, an OKC win would have been far more romantic - a city that hijacked a team from another city then intentionally tanked for 2 years just to get draft picks, even keeping an awful coach to make sure that it would, and featuring far and away the worst flopper in basketball today. If that's the alternative to a "store bought championship", I'll take the purchase every time.
    Meanwhile, the "store bought" nonsense is really stupid in this context. Miami did what about 5 other teams were hoping to do, they just did it better. Beyond which, the big 3 all took less money to allow the Heat to get players around them and sacrificed their own stats for the good of the team. They've basically done everything we generally claim modern athletes don't, yet because it's LeBron there has to be an irrational element of hatred involved. Why is winning ping pong balls somehow better than signing free agents? Chicago completely lucked into Derrick Rose given that they had the 9th worst record in the league, but won the lottery (and would have landed a stiff like Jerryd Bayless or DJ Augustin if they picked 9th). Building a team. FFS. :rolleyes:

24. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Yes, I'm sure he'll say that LeBron James is the best player of his generation.

25. LokomotivZee

LokomotivZee Member

Aug 28, 2009
    KC
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kobe Bryant?