NSCAA v. USSF

Discussion in 'Coach' started by nogsl coach, Apr 30, 2007.

1. nogsl coach

nogsl coach New Member

Feb 14, 2007
    Well fine this is how i feel the USSF cares more about money than how to help a coach become a better coach.The NSCAA will help you become a better coach.I believe the USSF needs to get there head out of the clouds..They want to be the one and only governing body and that is why in my state If i have my NSCAA than i am not a real coach,I dont care what you or anyone else have ,but if you are going to say the USSF C is the Same as the National Diploma than you should be held to that.There shouldnt be any mis conceptions.why cant they just make them equal and the truth is they both want to be #1 and we know how that goes.

License Conversion
    Candidates who have completed the equivalent of the minimum coaching requirement
    from a foreign country or another organization such as NSCAA can have their license
    converted to the USSF equivalent.
    The table below shows the NSCAA equivalent to the United States Soccer Federation License

USSF License convert to NSCAA License

1) USSF ""A"" License
    Premier Diploma

2) USSF ""B"" License
    Advanced National Diploma

3) USSF ""C"" License
    National Diploma

4) USSF ""D"" License
    Advanced Regional Diploma

5) USSF ""E"" Certificate
    Regional Diploma

6) US Youth Soccer Youth Module
    State Diploma
    i tried to have the conversion done the USSF requested money and said i would have to do there courses and pay for it..

2. Twenty26Six

Twenty26Six Feeling Sheepish...

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, you're upset b.c the USSF wouldn't GIVE you a C License b.c you have a National Diploma from the NSCAA?

3. nogsl coach

nogsl coach New Member

Feb 14, 2007
    No not at all i really dont care a license doesnt make you a better coach.What i care about is the obvious problems between the two,i never even tried to get the C.I tried to have the D done and i couldnt so i took it and got it.I just feel if you are going to publish something than that is how it should be..we as coaches pay alot of money for these courses why shouldnt the convert properly?

4. Twenty26Six

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, you're upset b.c they didn't grant you a waiver past the D License to go straight to the C?

5. nogsl coach

nogsl coach New Member

Feb 14, 2007
    And i had my national diploma and my state d a nd they would not convert so i had to retest passed it the 2 time..

6. Twenty26Six

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, you're upset that they made you retest and get a "National D" - instead of going straight to the C?

7. nogsl coach

nogsl coach New Member

Feb 14, 2007
    NO.I am not upset i just feel if the ussf prints it that is how it should be..

8. Twenty26Six

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What did they print and what didn't they do?

Just because the licenses are said to be equivalent, doesn't mean you get to pass them?

Even in my state, the NSCAA National Diploma only exempts you from the E License

9. nogsl coach

nogsl coach New Member

Feb 14, 2007
    Sorry mis read ..because i could have taken my C with my National Diploma but they wouldnt convert my State D to a national D,so i did have a problem with that.

10. Twenty26Six

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, you did this, in order?

1) Took a D Course and received a "State" pass.
    2) Took the NSCAA National Diploma and passed.
    3) Tried to have your USSF "State" D converted to a USSF "National" D

Is this correct?

11. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    The piece of paper itself doesn't but if you're not getting anything from any of the courses then you aren't paying attention.

12. nogsl coach

nogsl coach New Member

Feb 14, 2007
    If you have a National diploma you can go and take your national C it has nothing to do with the state then.ELIGIBILITY

Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and have held the National “D” License for a minimum of 12 months (attach a copy to application).

National “D” License certification may be waived ONLY under one of the following conditions:

Applicant received the NSCAA National Diploma and has held it for a minimum of 12 months.
    Applicant has three (3) years of coaching experience (any level) AND three (3) years playing experience with a Senior National Team or three (3) years of FIFA recognized professional playing experience.
    A foreign license of equivalence; to be reviewed by the U.S. Soccer Coaching Department.

this is from the ussf website and if that is what your state says than that is what ive been talking about...

13. nogsl coach

nogsl coach New Member

Feb 14, 2007
    I agree.........Totally......

14. nogsl coach

nogsl coach New Member

Feb 14, 2007
    That is it....

15. Twenty26Six

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, then this is an easy answer.

The "State" pass for the USSF D License signifies that the candidate is "Not Ready" [NR] to advance onward without a D retest to achieve a "National" pass.

If you received a "Not Ready" at the D level [regardless of whether you _later_ received a National Diploma from the NSCAA], why would they advance you?

Also, I noticed that you took one retest in March '07 and another in March of '08. It seems like the USSF, based on their criteria, had good reason to hold you back and look for further improvement.
    This is your first post against the USSF procedure: https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11412910&postcount=1

You don't need to keep posting this. I'm locking this thread for the last time. Please, don't make any more.

16. Twenty26Six

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Furthermore, _if you don't agree with the USSFs method_, go strictly with NSCAA courses.

A lot of people I know have ONLY NSCAA diplomas and they are well respected.

17. nogsl coach

nogsl coach New Member

Feb 14, 2007
    Nscaa Vs Ussf

Which is better?which means more?which is more nationally accepted?

18. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    Re: Nscaa Vs Ussf

I think USSF might be more 'nationally' accepted

as for which one is better, I think it all depends on taste from what I've read around here

19. Twenty26Six

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

All NSCAA v. USSF threads have been merged and put here. Feel free to sift through the 3 odd pages of heated debate that this topic has managed to garner over the past 12 months.

20. Twenty26Six

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Regardless of your right to post, you are not allowed to spam the forums with repeated threads discussing the same topics. Furthermore, if I feel your threads are created with the sole objective of slandering the USSF, I can and will delete them.

For the most part, everyone shares your opinion on the USSF. There is NO NEED to repeatedly ask for people to agree with you.

NSCAA = instruction
    USSF = evaluation

If anyone wanted to be a better coach, it's obvious which one they should choose.

21. E.F.C

E.F.C New Member

Mar 12, 2008
    personally i like the NSCAA MORE.

22. Coach_Hayles

Coach_Hayles Member

Dec 23, 2013
    Redmond, WA
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Based on what I've read here I've opted to go the NSCAA route. I'm signed up for my Level 6 diploma this March.

Has anyone else done this particular course? Just wondering what to expect. I haven't really done any of the qualifications in the US. My last one was my English FA level 1.

23. Ihateusernames

May 16, 2007
    Merriam, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I want to take some but even though the HQ is like 10 min from me, they rarely offer courses here. It's big USSF country - they rarely offer courses too though. Let me know how it goes. I'd like to take an extended weekend for a class sometime.

24. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Of you guys who have coached college soccer. Who have played and coached club ball. Even if the college knows you as a coach. When the college asked you about the coaching license you have do they ask what NSCAA diploma you have or what USSF license do you have?

25. elessar78

elessar78 Moderator
    Staff Member

May 12, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I have not coached college (yet;)), but I coach with those that do. Regarding the NSCAA/USSF licensing—the interviewer is usually the AD and he/she has no idea what the difference is between NSCAA and USSF and probably could care less.