News: [NRR] Cary approves $6M funding for first round of stadium upgrades

Discussion in 'North Carolina FC' started by teucer, Oct 20, 2011.

1. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Oh, exactly. 10 years is about as long as the drainage for a field with no pitch and natural grass can hold up. Even the artificial surfaces' drainage only lasts about that long (the savings tends to be on the day to day maintenance).

They were definitely due for replacement. I was surprised how good they looked last year, as a couple of years ago, they were really looking pretty bad.

2. CHHSfan

CHHSfan Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Chapel Hill
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looking good. Hopefully we can walk across the new end stands and the stadium will be a lot more accessible.

3. RAL_United

RAL_United Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Raleigh
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any word on when the North stands will open up? Seems like next Tuesday might be a good opportunity to fill them!

4. CHHSfan

CHHSfan Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Chapel Hill
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They'd also help the stadium be more accessible to new fans. They're looking complete but not open.

5. RAL_United

RAL_United Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Raleigh
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea! Its looked complete for a while now. And there are always fans that get confused when stadium workers tell them they have to leave the stadium and walk around to get to the other side!!

Last check a few minutes ago, there were less than 50 total seats left in the East and West stands combined and pockets of seats are being claimed in the South stands. It'll probably sell out by the end of the day. But the etix site doesn't even have the North stands on the map - I wonder how they would sell the seats even if they opened the section? Phone and email orders only?

6. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, good stuff. I'm hoping you guys get the #21-24 MLS expansion slot. NC deserves representation in MLS for how much soccer is supported at the lower levels in your state.

7. longballer

longballer Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    This is one of my favorite stadiums in the country. I have seen many College Cups and a RailHawks game or two when I'm in town.

However for the Open Cup game against LA Galaxy, the question is:
    Will the Galaxy bring their first team? MLS teams are notorious for resting stars when they play lower division teams in US Open Cup and often playing third string, practice or bench players.

Many people no doubt are coming to see Beckham and Donavan. And it would be a huge disappointment to fans if they don't play.
    I'm hoping that the Galaxy won't short change the fans and play their starters and stars.

9. Bluesfan

Bluesfan Member+

DC United
    Aug 12, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    If people are expecting to see Donovan they should have been in Jacksonville last night. :D
    The Galaxy should field a good lineup even without Becks and Donovan

gcg1510 repped this.
  10. gcg1510

gcg1510 Member

Oct 3, 2010
    how many people do you think bought tickets thinking donovan and becks would be here?

looking forward to seeing the mls in town.

11. Prosoccercdn

Prosoccercdn Member+

Aug 6, 2011
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  12. wellington

wellington Member

Jun 4, 1999
    Charlotte, NC
    Club:
    Charlotte
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I agree. Looks fantastic. Wish there was a facility like this in Charlotte for the MLL Hounds and we had a NASL team.