NPSL Expansion 2013

Discussion in 'NPSL' started by mbsc, Oct 5, 2012.

1. CapitalCityFC

CapitalCityFC Member

Jul 20, 2011
    Club:
    DC United
    Do you by any chance have insight into who those clubs are?

2. Millser

Millser New Member

Oct 29, 2012
    Club:
    Chattanooga Football Club
    those prices seem expensive, prices for Chattanooga FC is $5 for a single game, $25 for season tickets or $75 for season tickets + jersey

3. MLSinCleveland

MLSinCleveland Member+

Oct 12, 2006
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Noted that Greater Binghamton isn't listed in the Great Lakes Conference reference. I wonder if they're being moved to a further-east conference or folding/leaving the league.

4. tampasteve1

tampasteve1 Member

Tampa Bay Rowdies and Strikers
    Jul 21, 2009
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe since they were an expansion team that already played? I beleive the list is just new exansion teams for the 2013 season.

5. jord.inc

jord.inc Member

Dec 30, 2011
    Binghamton, NY
    Club:
    FC Aarau
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmm Binghamton is not listed as in the conference when looking on the Zainesville team site.

6. Max F.

Max F. Member

May 25, 2012
    Syracuse, New York
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Rumor has it bing moves to northeast atlantic conference (making that eight) and two new teams join the Great Lakes conference (Zanesville and Sparta in MI). NE Atlantic would then have 8 and Great lakes would have 6 teams.

Somewhat regionally related, rumor also has it that a new PDL team in Syracuse will arise 2013. Something silver knight branded possibly. wrong thread i know- but it could make the Rust Belt derby and interconference affair (PDL+NPSL)

7. jord.inc

jord.inc Member

Dec 30, 2011
    Binghamton, NY
    Club:
    FC Aarau
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Just read over at the Detroit Soccer blog that Bing. was moving to the Northeast - Atlantic Conference ... no surprises here, I mentioned this potential move in a post during the season this summer though I was expecting the move to be to the Northeast - Keystone Conference because of travel distances from Bing. up to RI and Mass.

8. jord.inc

jord.inc Member

Dec 30, 2011
    Binghamton, NY
    Club:
    FC Aarau
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wondered when someone would resurrect an outdoor team in 'cuse. It's the perfect city for a minor league team and if they can get half the attendance of the old Salty Dogs they will be the envy of the league! Kind of wish for an NPSL team though just because Buffal and Bing. are already there.

9. tampasteve1

tampasteve1 Member

Tampa Bay Rowdies and Strikers
    Jul 21, 2009
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to theTampa Marauders website the new Florida teams and Jacksonville will be in a new conference called the Sunshine Conference. At least, this is what their website shows.
    Sunshine Conference:
    Tampa Marauders
    Jacksonville United
    Miami FC
    Cape Coral Hurricanes

www.tampamarauders.com

10. CapitalCityFC

CapitalCityFC Member

Jul 20, 2011
    Club:
    DC United
  11. CShine

CShine Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Huntsville, AL
    Club:
    Rocket City United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Low ticket prices become an option when you have a sweet sponsorship deal with a major company like Volkswagen plus some of the best attendance in the league. I doubt any other NPSL team is as fortunate on those counts. I imagine that if a survey was done of other clubs around the league you'd find extremely few offering ticket prices as low as CFC.

12. Max F.

Max F. Member

May 25, 2012
    Syracuse, New York
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    FC Buffalo offers season tickets @$40 include a scarf. sponsorship deal with Rich's foods. I think the price also has to deal with the venue and its' costs. I know for example FC Buffalo paid for its stadium last year (1st year they've paid, prev years they did free clinics instead of payment). Sponsorships from local soccer pub and local companies help. Price is $5 at the door, and season tickets are relatively cheap.

Another thing to consider is the payment to players...I hear teams CAN pay players, not sure if any actually do.

13. jord.inc

jord.inc Member

Dec 30, 2011
    Binghamton, NY
    Club:
    FC Aarau
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Binghamton's tickets were $5 at the imaginary gate last season, imagine they will be similar this year. But the teams majority owner also owns the whole sports complex... so its not like they have to worry about rent.

14. Joshstocker5

Joshstocker5 New Member

Nov 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One of the newest teams in the NPSL, Zanesville AFC, will begin play in Spring 2013. The club is holding the first tryout on Saturday, December 8th, from 5-8pm at Field Sports (in the Sports Ohio complex).
    ZAFC is holding another tryout in Zanesville, at the Field House, on Sunday December 16th from 7:30-10pm.
    Interested players should email stockerj@zanesvilleafc.com with the following information:
    Name
    Date of Birth
    Primary phone number
    School and year (if applicable)
    Position(s) trying out for
    Prior soccer experience (High School, College, NPSL, PDL, USLPro, NASL, MLS, or any other league)
    Tryout fee will be $40, but the fee will be waived if the participant is called back for a second tryout. Fee must be paid at the door BEFORE participant may try out. I do apologize that we do not have an online registration, but we will have the capability of taking credit/debit card at the day of the tryout. Participants must bring their own gear (indoor shoes/turfs, shin-guards, socks). Cleats will be permitted at the Zanesville tryout location, but will NOT be permitted at Field Sports.

15. Kayak

Kayak Member+

Feb 16, 2007
    Columbus
    Small note; the Jesters play in the PDL someone messed up that press release the new team is New Orleans FC.

16. Bluesfan

Bluesfan Member+

DC United
    Aug 12, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I know it's the NPSL and my expecations should be low, but this is why I won't take this league seriously. How bush league is it for the league to botch a press release on expansion, listing a club in a competing circuit instead of the club that is in your own league? o_O

17. mbsc

mbsc Member

Aug 6, 2009
    Club:
    Wilmington H.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I also had heard it was the Jesters that were coming into the league. Maybe it's the same organization with a new name?

18. Kayak

Kayak Member+

Feb 16, 2007
    Columbus
    http://www.npsl.info/teams/index_E.html
    NPSL team directory lists FC New Orleans.

PDL team:
    http://nolajesters.com/
    I don't see any mention of NPSL on their site since I last looked at it.

NPSL team:
    http://fcneworleans.com/
    Slightly humorous they still have the SPSL logo on their homepage instead of the NPSL logo.

Apparently purple and green are the colors for New Orleans soccer though as both have the same color scheme.

19. Bluesfan

Bluesfan Member+

DC United
    Aug 12, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Purple and green are commonly used in Mardi Gras.

Click the link 'Our Club' on FC New Orleans and it says they are based in Texas? o_O

20. Kayak

Kayak Member+

Feb 16, 2007
    Columbus
    I get why; I just think it's funny that they're using the same colors.

21. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    probably so they can use the same jerseys :)

22. jord.inc

jord.inc Member

Dec 30, 2011
    Binghamton, NY
    Club:
    FC Aarau
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    soccersubjectively repped this.
  23. CapitalCityFC

CapitalCityFC Member

Jul 20, 2011
    Club:
    DC United
    Sporting Real repped this.
  24. mexipino21

mexipino21 New Member

Jun 23, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines

The Orange County Spartans is a re-branding of the Fullerton Rangers that finished 3rd in the West Division's Southern Conference in the 2012 NPSL season. Orange County's really struggling to solidify a team. Santa Ana Winds were the first, then they moved to a new unknown league in the United Premier Soccer League (UPSL) that had teams in the Orange County/LA area, then the Fullerton Rangers which, from what I saw, never really had a lot of fans in the stands and now the Orange County Spartans. Good luck to them in the 2013 season.

25. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So for the first list of new teams for last year on the league site, they have a map and the states with teams is colored in. The state of IL is one of those. Does anyone know if there is a new team or if the Fire NPSL team will be back?