NPSL coming to Cleveland

Discussion in 'NPSL' started by savetheforce, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rules violation or not, y'all need to lighten up.

2. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and I really don't believe that a NPSL press release has a copyright...so I will ask the author and get back to you...
    Some of the rules in the TOS include:
    "No member will post copyrighted material unless the copyright belongs to them."

3. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BS netiquette 101
    Post a brief description or article title and then provide the link.

1000s get it, so can you.

kenntomasch and CCSUltra repped this.
  4. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and if I'm getting a presser directly from the league source, there is not always a link provided.

5. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If that is the case, sure. However about 100% of every article you post I've found on the web in 10 seconds using my google-fu. I would however prefer you to use those 10 seconds not me.

kenntomasch repped this.
  6. MLSinCleveland

MLSinCleveland Member+

Oct 12, 2006
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't wait.

Even better, I'll be living a few blocks away from the stadium.

8. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can shorten your post, link is available.

http://www.afccleveland.com/news/story.php?id=56

Ivanov will be an upgrade from Yabrow. Last year, the team just was not good enough. Can't have d2/NAIA kids up against D1 kids. Not gonna win many games that way.

9. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    no prob I went ahead and deleted my post...but I can promise you that it wasn't there when I looked...

10. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good to see a Strongsville kid on the squad!

11. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wasn't saying you had to delete it, just saying you could edit it to be shorter.

I think he's gonna be great for us.

12. ThePonchat

ThePonchat Member+

#ProRelForUSA
    United States
    Jan 10, 2013
    I've Been Everywhere Man
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Ivanov is an upgrade, why wasn't he playing last year? He was on the squad.

I'm not even going to comment on the DII/NAIA competitiveness. Go look at the rest of the squads in NPSL/PDL, they are littered with every single division (and even no college ball) and they all compete. That was a comment...whoops.

13. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was on the squad, but I didn't think he was for the full year. Yabrow was good, I just think Ivanov is better, has played at a higher level.

As for the talent, we weren't good enough, especially compared to the other teams in our division.

14. sfixx

sfixx Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Lorain County, OH
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Poor form for the press release to name the "expected" starting keeper.

15. ThePonchat

ThePonchat Member+

#ProRelForUSA
    United States
    Jan 10, 2013
    I've Been Everywhere Man
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why?

16. sfixx

sfixx Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Lorain County, OH
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know it's not the coach writing this in the press release because he knows better. The job of starter is always up for grabs. Otherwise it can weaken the motivation of both keepers.

When is it too early to name the starting 10 field players?

17. ThePonchat

ThePonchat Member+

#ProRelForUSA
    United States
    Jan 10, 2013
    I've Been Everywhere Man
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why wouldn't they want to say he's the starting goalkeeper? If that's what they signed him for, especially since the starter for the last two years is gone, and Ivanov was on the squad last year...go ahead and announce it.

Many of these college coaches put their players on these teams to start AND play. Then, the teams can be upfront with other players that they sign too. If Ivanov didn't start (or play much last year) they want to show confidence in him and potentially already have a backup or two lined up that they've already communicated with anyway.

If it weakens the motivation of any other goalkeeper (or player for that matter), then those individuals have their own issues that need resolved.

18. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    press release...not currently on the website

FOUR MORE RETURN TO AFC CLEVELAND

PARMA, OHApril 21, 2014 - AFC Cleveland is proud to announce the return of four players. Midfielders TJ Welch, Mikey McGlaughlin, and Tom Granot join forward Ryan Minick on the team’s 2014 NPSL squad.

Welch joins the Royals after a successful playing career at the University of Mount Union in Alliance, OH.

“TJ looked started last season as one of our better players and was unfortunate to have his season ended early through injury,” AFC Cleveland head coach Andy Hoggarth commented. “I think we will benefit from a good year of rehab and be a better team with TJ's tenacity in the midfield.”

McGlaughlin, a graduate of Ohio Wesleyan University, is a native of Nottingham, England.

“After breaking his ankle in the 2012 preseason and then spending last season with Zanesville, Mikey will bring a tenacity and work rate to the squad that we lacked at times last year. He is also a very versatile player who will fight for time in a couple of different roles.”

Granot returns to the Royals after a successful season at Fordham University, where he started all 17 games for the Rams as a sophomore. He was a two-time selection to the Atlantic 10 Commissioner’s Honor Roll.

“Tom will be a welcome returning player to the squad after showing the potential he has to bring players into the game last season. After a solid season at Fordham I expect Tom to increase the attacking output in our team this season.”

Minick, a three-year letterwinner at Hiram College, is a native of North Royalton, OH. He led the Terriers ingoals (11), points (28), shots (67), and shots on goal (32) during the 2011 season.
    “Ryan has a lot of potential to both create and score goals and finds seams between the opposition’s defense and midfield consistently. Ryan will once again compete with what will be a strong attacking group.”

19. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #395 msilverstein47, Jan 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
  21. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Every. Single. Written. Thing. Has a copyright.

(a) Copyright protection subsists, in accordance with this title, in original works of authorship fixed in any tangible medium of expression, now known or later developed, from which they can be perceived, reproduced, or otherwise communicated, either directly or with the aid of a machine or device.

You have no problem with plagiarizing others' works. You have no problem with violating TOS. And you have no problem with resurrecting threads that have been dead for 18 months to post a completely innocuous blurb that you think is somehow important.

This is your problem.

22. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    apparently only a problem to you as I've directly spoken with the NPSL they have no problem with me posting their press releases...and since AFC Cleveland was the one who sent out the link, I have no problem reposting their "innocuous blurb". But you go right ahead and continue with your rants and I hope that you find someone or anyone cares. Cause I sure don't...

23. ThePonchat

ThePonchat Member+

#ProRelForUSA
    United States
    Jan 10, 2013
    I've Been Everywhere Man
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No. Many have spoken that it's a problem with your posting. Everyone is truly tired of you copying/pasting links and other peoples' work. It's fine to give updates. But, please add something to the discussion yourself AND quit bringing back dead threads.

Why don't you learn?

24. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This was dead for over a year - and now it's back on?

25. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    mods don't want new threads...that being the case I will always search to post under an appropriate thread. So sorry Pon I'm not changing my style...as I've asked before...just please put me on ignore.