Noticias sobre el equipo [R] IV

Discussion in 'Chivas' started by el-choul, Oct 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. El_LatinLover

El_LatinLover BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 27, 2007
    The Poorside
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    When he has played regularly, he has made goles.
    In 2010 he played in 9 games, and scored 7 goles. Totaling 438 minutes in the season. I think that dude would be great if to a team when he started regularly. A lot of those minutes he plays are when the team has taken the foot of the pedal. Hes just one of my choices though. Carreno is better than santana in the area, with a better shot and area play; and not to mention that he is stronger than santana. But thats neither here nor there because it is just our opinion. But im sure we both agree he would be an upgrade to what we have at the moment.

2. El_LatinLover

Nov 27, 2007
    The Poorside
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    That like saying, " i would trade my volkswagon beetle for that ferrari in a heartbeat." Clever trade.

3. Phenom

Phenom Member+

Apr 9, 2007
    Oregon
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I don´t know why so many of you are down on Cubo. The dude is solid in link-up play and he gets absolutely no service. It´s not like he´s missing chances left and right. Just look at the Olympic qualifying final. He came in and was as dangerous as any player on the field. Pulido is not very good inside the box, Cubo is. Of course, Pulido is much better outside of the box, but you´re still going to need to pair him with a real ¨9¨.

4. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    I can't tell if you are being sarcastic

pero me vale madre

bring in Chuleta and Lugo

5. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+

Nov 5, 2007
    AP Top 25!
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Torres is fine, he's just a victim of raised expectations after his early success

6. El_LatinLover

Nov 27, 2007
    The Poorside
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    I like cubo. But as it pertains to comparing him to pulido, at the moment, its night and day all across the board. I think cubo is improving a lot. From the beginning of the season to now, what has improved with him is his covering of the ball inside and out of the area. His passes are a little improved, but he is getting better and stronger. He is on his way and will be a good centro delantero for chivas. He needs to improve his strength on his shots. His headers are the best part of his game.

7. El_LatinLover

Nov 27, 2007
    The Poorside
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    True.

8. Phenom

Phenom Member+

Apr 9, 2007
    Oregon
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    BTW, I think we need a CM who can create so he can link up with Fabian. Enriquez and Araujo are not known for the offensive prowess.

9. Ronrris

Ronrris Member+

Feb 13, 2008
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    That's true. I think the only CM we have are Baez and Gallardo, one is injured and the other playing a different position.

I still believe our main priority should be getting a quality wing player. We are REALLY lacking there.

As for Cubo, I see him as starter material now. His finishing and role as a striker have really improved. If we have no one to create anything on offense then bringing in Carreno/Chuletita would be pointless.

10. El_LatinLover

Nov 27, 2007
    The Poorside
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Yeah we do have gallardo, but i actually think fabian is more effective being the creative mid, while having 2 wingers and 2 center forwards. That way he can be dangerous in counter attacks when we recuperate the ball in our field, pass it to him and he has the option to run it or filtrar a pass to the wingers or forwards.

11. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I also think Fabian is best as an attacking mid. A 4-3-3 would work great as Fabian playing tho top of the triangle. This way you can have both Pato and Chaton ad Dmids

12. Phenom

Phenom Member+

Apr 9, 2007
    Oregon
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    We've been doing that. It hasn't worked.

13. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It takes time to get it right. 4-3-3 is a tricky formation

14. El_LatinLover

Nov 27, 2007
    The Poorside
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    It hasnt worked because our forwards cant score worth a damn. Once cubo get with it, or we get someone that is a concistent threat en el area, then that is going to open up our wingers and fabian to do do their magic.

15. Ronrris

Ronrris Member+

Feb 13, 2008
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Our lack of goals haven't been because of Cubo. Our wingers have been no threat in the area the entire season.

16. El_LatinLover

Nov 27, 2007
    The Poorside
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Wingers being a threat en el area? WHat is this real madrid? Forwards work the area, with the occasional winger going in depending on the play. I love cubo, but it is because of cubo. One central can cover el cubo, while our wingers and fabian get double/triple teamed. You get a dude in the area that has skillz (a la chicharitz) and both centrales will be on him, leaving the wingers and fabian with more space to work with.

17. Nightmare310

Nightmare310 Member+

Dec 6, 2007
    The Streets
    The team is not creating any scoring opportunities. How's that Cubos fault? His job is to score, not to create plays.

Anyway I know Ima get some shit for this but i think we should take a gamble on Edgar Pacheco. We have a realistic shot at getting him since he's not getting any playing time Tigres. He could be one of the best offensive players in the Mexica league when he's in shape and motivated. The other 2 refuerzos should be a foward and a halfback. I suggested Guti before the season started mainly because we dont have any depth at either LB or RB(Guti can play on either side). I also wanted Peralta, I figured he could get us at least 8 goals this season. I think he has 6 goals and a couple assists. We could've really used that.

18. Ronrris

Ronrris Member+

Feb 13, 2008
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    A winger is a forward, and if he doesn't step in the box or create a threat on offense then he's useless for our attack.

In our case we have a group of left/right wings that can't get pass their defenders, assist, or score. Aside from the occasional things Arellano does, our wingers have provided nothing to our offense

19. El_LatinLover

Nov 27, 2007
    The Poorside
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Technically, you can consider them as forwards, but wingers work the flanks. And in your first sentence you make my point for me. THey are being doubled and tripled team, how can they step into the box? You have a centro delantero or 2 that can play, then your wingers will get freed up to do exactly that.

And for a response to your second comment, refer to my first comment^.

20. El_LatinLover

Nov 27, 2007
    The Poorside
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Im not saying it is cubos fault personally. I am saying his limited skills let the one central cover him, while the other helps cover the flanks of the area along with the L & R backs and their D mids/wings. His limited skills are allowing other teams to have the luxury of covering the flanks with extra men. He would be fine if we got a killer centro delantero along with cubo.

Just like monterrey does it. The suazo/denigris --mostly suazo-- combo allow el chelito and the other dude to tear it on the flanks.

21. Ronrris

Ronrris Member+

Feb 13, 2008
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Sorry, but again, in our case it's not Cubo's fault that Nava, Sanchez, Pina, Venado, and Gio have not been able to produce anything effective on our offense.

Cubo's finishing has been dead on, and his movements in the box and link up have improved. Overall as a striker he has been doing well and in my opinion he's ready to a starter. I can't say the same about any of our wingers; and that's where I think the weakest point on our offense has been.

Fabian is our second striker, but if you want a killer centro delantero along with Cubo, then where's the rising talent Fierro?

Most teams play with a line of 4, we attack with Cubo, Fabian, and two wingers, don't come with the double/triple coverage on our wingers because of Cubo's limited skills as you say.

22. El_LatinLover

Nov 27, 2007
    The Poorside
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    1-Im not saying to bench him, but to team him up with a dude that can play the area. Cubo is improving but hes still not up there to compete with these centrales, consistently. Nava and sanchez are the shit and beasts, but sanchez has been playing RB and both L & R wingers are getting doubled and triple teamed(you seem not to address this point* you just say they dont produce). Pina and venado suck balls.

2-Fabian is the enganche next to cubo, which doesnt workout well because fabian leaves cubo alone en el area by reseeding to the mid. Fabians most effective position is a mid/enganche behind two centro delanteros or 1 that can play like pulido. Like gio dos santos, fabian is more effective when he receives the ball while facing the porteria and not de espaldas up in the delantero spot. At this moment, it is fierro or cubo up top, because the DT needs to find a gol or hes out of a job, so i dont see it happening again . I dug it though en el classico.

3- It has nothing to do with a linea de 4 or 3. Its called logic. If one team has a less talented(limited) player, teams will exploit that by attacking them there on offense(the other team) and by just covering them with one player and sending help to cover more talented players. It happens in all sports.

23. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    We desperately need a right back, left back, attacking mid and forward. Escalante should have never put on the holy jersey of chivas. Thus guy couldn't even start in MLS

24. El_LatinLover

Nov 27, 2007
    The Poorside
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Ponce, esparza, fabian no good for you? Forward we need.

25. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Not consist enough