Noticias Sobre el Club [R]

Discussion in 'Club America' started by Lyrical S., Feb 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. azulcremaporvida

Jan 16, 2007
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    We played a completely unimpressive game against Monterrey today. I thought Enrique Vera was offside so I didn't celebrate when he passed to Moreno and scored. After that it was just hang back and throw a long pass to Cabanas. Almost worked a couple times. Insua almost had a golazazo but it smashed into the post. Overall no one screwed up, except Gringo on one play, but no one stood out either. No one's got any balls.

edit: Actually I was impressed by Jose Joaquin Martinez. Very very fast, almost had a play were it not for a foul by Monterrey.

2. azulcremaporvida

Jan 16, 2007
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Season's over. Not as bad as Clausura 2008, but still bad. Enough is enough. This team is a joke that strikes nothing but laughter in our rivals. I thought we'd be okay when I saw that partial 3-0 against Santos way back at the start of the season. For fuck's sake, when's the last time we really shat on a rival team? I remember when goleadas were the norm. When golazos and first-touch football was something we'd come to expect from this team. That's all gone now. But, why? I don't get it, on paper we have an excellent starting squad. On the field they're a joke.

I don't blame Ramon Diaz. He does what he can. I don't know what it is and I don't think I'll ever figure it out. How can a team with so much hierarchy come to this? We're in the middle of the percentage table. More seasons like these and talks of relegation may start. Fucking relegation. i refuse to even think about that, but it's hard the way we're playing.

Saturday's game was awful. The new norm. Bad pass choices, bad control, bad shooting, bad goalkeeping, bad everything. It also marked the end of much more than just the season. It marked, quite possibly, the end of German Villa's carreer at our club. The last of our long-standing bastions is leaving. And with that, a new era at our club dawns. Will it be an era of mediocrity like the 90's? An era of glory like the 80's? I don't know, and I'm just a little bit afraid.

http://www.mediotiempo.com/noticia/69603/en-america-se-termino-la-paciencia-pelado/

Ramon Diaz: "En el futuro no hay que fallar en nada"
    What team does he think he's talking about? The squad we have can't just turn on the juice at will. I guess that's what we've come to expect from a club that has given us so much. I suppose all I'm asking for is work. And balls. And goddamnit, some effort. Just because you run at a ball desperately doesn't mean you're trying. Just because you fling a desperate ball upfield doesn't mean you're trying. The squad doesn't play as a team, and there is, I think, our weakness.

http://www.mediotiempo.com/noticia/69608/hermetismo-en-el-nido-de-coapa/

Tressor Moreno might be coming to the club, along with Jean Beausejour from O'Higgins. One I know sucks, the other I've never heard of other than rumors. I don't know what the hell they're thinking. Instead of getting proven players like Daniel Luduena and Paulo Da Silva, they go for these chumps. I mean, look at our laundry list from before. Daniel Ruben Bilos, RICHARD FUCKING NUNEZ, Hernan Rodrigo Lopez, Luis Saritama, Nelson Cuevas (granted, he never got a chance), among countless others.

That being said, it's time for the chopping block. Who stays? Who goes?

Memo Ochoa - His level has dropped dramatically since 2007. Saw a glimpse of the old Memo against Santos, but that was it. He's gotten all these commercial deals, for what? What's he done recently to deserve any of it? Where were these commercials where you could have basically 11 guys shooting non-stop and still not a single one would get through? When impossible saves were possible? Memo's been ready for Europe, but I don't see him every joining clubs like Manchester or Barcelona. Oh well. Navarrete has shown he can make brilliant saves too. Time to give him a chance.

Gringo Castro - Out. If Memo's level has dropped, Gringo's has plummeted. No longer capable of playing even professionally, he's better off just leaving for good. Forget about a loan. He's even worse than Raul Salinas.

Oscar Rojas - He can stay. Shows good pace and passing ability, and can sometimes cross into the box.

Sebastian Dominguez - Drama queen and card-hog. Almost makes me want him gone. His physical presence, however, makes me think he'd do very well in time.

Ismael Rodriguez - Keep until you find someone better.

Carlos Infante - Haven't seen him since our first Libertadores 08 game. Probably not needed.

Raul Alvin Mendoza - He played 44 minutes last season. No thanks.

Rodrigo Inigo - Very tall. Excellent heading ability. Keep.

Juan Carlos Mosqueda - Nothing became of this guy. He was brilliant his first season, and since then, nothing. It's sad. I'd rather keep him, but there's really no reason to.

Juan Carlos Silva - Great left foot. Reminds me of Andres Guardado, without the skill. Has great talent but almost no balls or composure. Keep. He'll have time to develop.

Enrique Esquda - Great hustler. Our next great goalscorer, I guarantee it. Needs some more playing time.

Juan Carlos Medina - I suppose he needs time to adjust. I forsee him being a good contributor.

Federico Insua - Excellent when he's not hurt or nervous. Not the best passer but has a great heart.

Salvador Cabanas - Needs to realize his place on the team is not assured. Definitely not his best season, and I predict he won't want to stay much longer.

Jesus Armando Sanchez - Didn't see much of him, but when I did see he was very fast and very daring. Need to see him shoot more.

Enrique Vera - A slightly crappier version of Alejandro Arguello. Had an unforgivable miss against the perras which is pretty much the only reason I'd like him gone.

Alejandro Arguello - We could definitely do worse (see Enrique Vera), but he'll have to do for the time being, especially since German Villa is leaving.

Jose de Jesus Mosqueda - Juan Carlos Mosqueda's older brother. Much less talented. A wonder he's stayed on the team this long.

Rafael Marquez Lugo - Surprised me, but he's just clutter in our already over-filled forward department.

Alfredo Moreno - Like Medina, needs time to adjust. He's capable of excellence, just not yet.

Lampros Kontogiannis - Greek.

All in all I don't know when our form will return. When will we again lift a cup? When will our name ring all over the world, like it did at the end of 2006 and throughout 2007? This team, this club; it stands for winning. And until the players realize this, we will play like we've been playing.

3. shady80boy

shady80boy New Member

Jun 19, 2007
    EAST OAKLAND
    ur right ive been hearing all these rumors but we need to get proven players in the mexican league in sportscenter they were talking about a possible return of cuauhtemoc blanco and probably rodallega

4. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
    Strong rumors saying that Beaujesour is coming, Hopefully its true because this guy is a beast! he will be a good refuerzo unlike Alfredo moreno or Sebastian dominguez

El club América pagará 1.2 millones de dólares por el zurdo Jean Beausejour. El traspaso del extremo del club O'Higgins está amarrado, así lo confirmó su representante Gino Valentín, "es un tema cerrado, sólo estamos en espera de que llegue diciembre y el torneo se termine para firmar todo", reveló para ESTO.

No quiso entrar en detalles sobre la negociación y el contrato que firmará Beausejour, "no puedo decir nada más, entienda que la negociación está en marcha, aunque cerrada pero se tiene que respetar el torneo que está en marcha".

Por su parte, el directivo Nibaldo Jaque del O'Higgins también certifico que el movimiento está hecho, "está adelantado, pero no hay nada firmado", dijo.

JEAN

En declaraciones al periódico El Mercurio Beausejour comentó: "Doy por cerrado el tema de mi salida hasta fin de año, ahí recién se verá".

5. FC RASTA

FC RASTA Member

Mar 28, 2005
    California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I Agree With Most Of Your Player Thoughts...about Half The Squad You Listed Should Go. Dominguez Needs To Go, Way To Many Mistakes. Mosqueda Was A Big Flop...do You Remember The Hype This Kid Got About 3 Years Ago. Silva Needs A Mentor To Calm Him Down A Little. He Has Potential.

As For Ochoa, I Cannot Blame The Guy For His Performance At All. He Has Been Loyal To The Club, Never Been Critical Of The Club, Even During Hard Times. I Think The Club Owes Him A Little And Should Let Him Move On To Europe Even If He Is Going To Be On The Bench In The La Liga.

6. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    idk alvin is a prett good player, he got injured 2 seasons ago pretty bad and missed all last season and well this season he wasnt gin a chance...

7. azulcrema_10

azulcrema_10 New Member

Nov 24, 2008
    San Diego
    I dont think that vera is a bad player. in my opinion his the best mid player we have. and im glad villa is leaving. he was good but his been sucking for the last seasons he's played

8. Numero_9

Numero_9 Member

Mar 31, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Good. Hopefully we get a reliable center back and a very creative player too.

9. elvasco

elvasco 100% Americanista

Sep 10, 2006
  10. Semi-Crazed

Semi-Crazed Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I completely agree. He's been on my list since last year. Did any of you guys notice the comments on the Univision site...I don't mean to sound harsh but those Americanistas on there are IDIOTS. I saw comments like "por lo menos es mexicano" and "comun y corriente." WTF? Don't they see that he's developing National team material?

11. shady80boy

shady80boy New Member

Jun 19, 2007
    EAST OAKLAND
    the chileno guy is basically with the team they are just waiting for his season to be over and idk i have a feeling they might get rodallega

12. Semi-Crazed

Semi-Crazed Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The thing is--why would we get him? It seems like he'll be riding the pine with Cabanas and Beausejour up on top...

13. shady80boy

shady80boy New Member

Jun 19, 2007
    EAST OAKLAND
    idk the america just wants change kindve like they did in apertura 2006 when they brought vuoso cuevas cabanas but this time they should bring in proven players in da mexican league

14. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    idk i hope they dont get rid of more3no i think he is a great player

15. Semi-Crazed

Semi-Crazed Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    He's probably going back to Necaxa. I don't know what you saw in him but he didn't impress me at all. With Beausejour coming in, we won't need his mediocre performances.

16. azulcremaporvida

Jan 16, 2007
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Moreno should stay. If he goes it's going to be just as stupid as when we got rid of Nelson Cuevas.

17. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
    No bcuz Cuevas actually scored when he came in and he was a good player with speed unlike Chango Moreno who only scored a few times and is just like Cabanas with the speed they are not fast, so why have 2 strikers up front with the same qualities?

18. Semi-Crazed

Semi-Crazed Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Exactly.

19. azulcremaporvida

Jan 16, 2007
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Don't you remember what he did against Puebla. He just needs to find his groove again. With Necaxa and San Luis he was a beast, he'll be a beast here too.

Oh and actually Cuevas never actually scored for us in a league game. He scored in Interliga 2007 and a few times during Copa Libertadores and that was it.

20. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    that has to be the best goal of the tournament period!

21. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
    America interested in Aaron Galindo, He is a great defender and America is my team but i would rather have him play in Europe where he will learn more and play against some of the best in the world
    http://www.oem.com.mx/esto/notas/n948902.htm

22. shady80boy

shady80boy New Member

Jun 19, 2007
    EAST OAKLAND
    well basically america is letting go most of their whole squad so dont be surprised if you see a new team hopefully deyll surprise everyone with good quality players galindo will be a great addition

23. fireEagleCuauhtemoc

fireEagleCuauhtemoc www.twitter.com/alonsobueno1

Jul 23, 2007
    chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    hopefully his ass leaves to, i wish torrado played with america:rolleyes: