Not here to Bale you Out- The Other Teams' Thread - [R]

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by fernb8, Dec 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    ... or not. :D

Great run and pass by Lallana.

2. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice little playerLallananana is. Spurs can't expect to defend anyone with this lineup

3. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Has to be said, (as Gary Neville did just now), Lallana looks the best player on the pitch on this form.

Sperz go in front again... FFS! :D

It also has to be said, AVB bought some rather ordinary players.

4. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    But like fern said, if they win more games 4-3 than they lose 3-2, the fans won't complain.

5. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    How much did Soldado cost again?

And another question, how old is James Ward-Prowse? He looks about 12.

6. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Nice to see some good young English players out there. A young kid called Chambers has just come on for Soton who looks to pout himself about a bit for an 18 y/o.

lobomojo repped this.
  7. BlueRebelZ

BlueRebelZ Member+

Aug 2, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    These 2 defenses are currently putting our lot to shame(or in freakin high spirit :whistling:)

8. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    ... and the attackers have had a decent display for a lot of the time... with the notable exception of Soldado who makes Torres looks like Jimmy Greaves:D

9. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    A good display from sperz there against a decent Soton side at their place.

10. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Everton beat Swansea with two stunning goals

a near post strike from distance by Coleman

and a wonderful free kick from Barkley, who impressed

11. JediSoccer

JediSoccer Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Spokane, Washington
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    AVB was/is such a petty little bastard. To freeze out Adebayor was criminal. That guy is the best striker they have. Glad they sacked AVB.

12. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Barkley looks good in blue.

13. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Apparently on the back of one game, sperz give Sherwood a contract till 2015. God you gotta love old Levi, haven't yer. His forward thinking and cool deliberation makes Roman look like Gary Kasparov :D

14. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    seems a tad of a strange one

I am glad that it gives a new English Manager a chance, but it seems a real risky move for a club like Spurs. I do not see this ending well.

15. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Low sack comp and it is not too big a risk.

16. BlueRebelZ

BlueRebelZ Member+

Aug 2, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    Ozil= True magician ;)

17. schafer

schafer Member+

Mar 12, 2004
    Yeah, I'm sure they've set it up so he's a cheap sacking, but it could hurt their European ambitions if he underperforms. I know he got the result on the weekend but that set up could just as likely get them thrashed.

There's the whole problem of relying on Adebayor, as well.

18. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Coz he can make himself disappear? :cautious: ;) :D

I keeed, I keeed... :)

Big fan of the guy.

BlueRebelZ repped this.
  19. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    not a bad shout on the comp as they are paying Mr. Compensation aka AVB in the interim

I just think 18 months was a little extreme. Could have appointed him to the end of the season with a look to see how he did. He would have probably still taken that.

20. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Without blaming anyone for this line of thinking, isn't it sad that in this age a major focus of the deal is not whether he has the ability to manage a club in the top flight of English football with zero experience, but how much it will cost Sp*rs to sack him if/when he fails?

Again, not trying to attack any posters (I know you touched on the wisdom of the appointment), but this seems to be a general theme and just strikes me as how far football has devolved when it comes to managerial appointments.

21. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I detest personal abuse directed towards footballers and think family should always be off limits, but hasn't young Jack just outlined the blueprint of how to throw him off his game in any future fixture?

Let's face it, plenty of people who attend matches wouldn't think twice about chanting about his kids now they know it bothers him. A sign of immaturity unfortunately for him (not that he cares about his kids, but that he said as much to defend his actions).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25507244

22. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    so are arsenal a club "in crisis" yet after the 6-3 loss and draw at home? or is that standard just applied to the blues?

stanger and fernb8 repped this.
  23. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    totally agree and as you say it is an indictment of the way Managers are now treated and the expectations (mostly unrealistic) set by Chairmen, Owners, and fans for those Managers. I have discussed at length how often we see Managerial changes in the lower Leagues (which many fans sadly ignore) and that is almost common place for a Manager not last the season. This phenomena is obviously a regular occurrence in the Premiership but of course we seem to be the only club who sack Managers on a regular basis (nevermind that Alan Pardew is currently the second longest tenured Manager in the Premiership- a little unfair considering Moyes just changed) but again it shows that the ultimate fall guy continues to be the Manager.

24. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    sounds like a real cop out to me. Does he really think his act of petulance can be forgiven because he is playing the sympathy family card.

I am ashamed to say that I attended Chelsea games where bananas and oranges were thrown on the pitch at black players and some of the most disgraceful abuse you have ever heard was directed at them. Never did I see any of those players act with anything remotely similar to the petulance that little Jacky did against Citeh. He really needs a dose of perspective.

25. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25492085

another example of a "savior" not being as interested as some initially thought

I still find a massive amount of amusement and irony that while Roman is maligned by so many he seems to be the standard to which other owners are held...