Not here to Bale you Out- The Other Teams' Thread - [R]

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by fernb8, Dec 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This is not about which fans are worst (I think we would not fare well in such a comparison) but about closure

I also won't forget heysel (and I have a post ready for that anniversary as well don't worry) but in that regard 'justice' of a sort was served with the huge ban on all English clubs and jail sentences. We can argue all day on whether that was enough but at least there was something done. After hillsborough there was no closure and that is why we have the continuing justice campaign. Worse, the fans (aka victims) were held accountable and some people still believe that!

Now, the ultras at juventus have a different perspective as noted when Liverpool played juve over two legs but it is not for me to say what they have gone through.

2. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I think that's what people miss about these disasters. Something was done. The English game is better because of it. The match day atmosphere maybe isn't as good, but everything else is better. Sometimes it takes the worst of worsts to get it right. Fortunately, and unfortunately it was too late for some, the next generation has been spared the hooliganism that the 80's had.

I just wish other countries around Europe would suit and clamp down on hooligans, racism, and Ultras.

3. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
  4. BluePict

BluePict Member

Aug 23, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Okay. I over stated it a bit in my previous post. I was nursing a rather nice Scoth at the time. I apologise. Of course I have genuine sympathy for the victims of Hillsborough. Of course all football clubs have some dodgy fans – and Chelsea fans have a “history” which I know only too well. Of course I am against all kinds of hooligan behaviour.

But - Liverpool fans have mythologised themselves to perhaps their own detriment – you cannot have it both ways. The stories are there – how it was sooo crowded in the kop end that if you wanted a piss during a game then the fans would just piss on their other fellow fans. . .true stories of how they bunked into grounds all over the country and didn’t pay. Never paid for a ticket. The scousers used to love telling all those stories - they all thought it was funny.

Now football is no longer a working class sport it seems – it has been homogenized and co-opted by the middle classes and the bourgoise. . . I guess soon it will be a HATE crime to use the word “scouser” on a message board. :) BUT there was a time when they really did steal hubcaps. . . Liverpool fans were notorious for crimes of petty theft and bunking into grounds. Y’know there is no smoke without fire. Not all other fans were the same. Newcastle fans and Ipswich fans and Man City fans . . .well they were just not as skuzzy as scousers and that is the truth.

5. BluePict

BluePict Member

Aug 23, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    We all hate Leeds and Leeds and Leeds and Leeds. . . :D

6. hudson hooligan

hudson hooligan Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Aug 6, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    HT

Everton 0-1 Palace

City 1 - 0 Sunderland

7. Miguel Alvarez

May 12, 2006
    Everton 2-0 down at home

8. BluePict

BluePict Member

Aug 23, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Good news for Arsenal.

Everton can still redeem themselves in their upcoming fixtures by beating Citeh . . .and losing to Chelsea :)

9. BluePict

BluePict Member

Aug 23, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Everton 1 Palace 2
    30 mins left - so still a chance for the 'toffees'

10. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    ... or not!

11. Miguel Alvarez

May 12, 2006
    1-1 city sunlun!!

12. BluePict

BluePict Member

Aug 23, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Wow, maybe Palace are a better team than we thought . . . Pulis is a great motivator - Jose acknowledged that

13. BluePict

BluePict Member

Aug 23, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Teams dropping points - all good - so long as the scousers do not win the league*. I hope Norwich have their game of the season this weekend.

* I hate Liverpool - I may have mentioned this before.

Blueallthru and hudson hooligan repped this.
  14. The Cold Sea

The Cold Sea Señor Mejor

Feb 17, 2005
    The District
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    From the BBC. I love how the meeja are glossing over the small matter of Liverpool-Chelsea
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27053819

Liverpool fans scrape yourselves off the ceiling! If goals in quick succession from Cameron Jerome and Connor Wickham aren't an omen, I don't know what is....​

Blueallthru repped this.
  15. Miguel Alvarez

May 12, 2006
    2-1 Sunlun!

Blueallthru repped this.
  16. hudson hooligan

hudson hooligan Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Aug 6, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2-1 SUNLUN!!!!

Blueallthru repped this.
  17. BluePict

BluePict Member

Aug 23, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    ah, bless poor Citeh - they still have to play away at Palace which is not going to be an easy game for them. As does that vile red team from Merseyside. . .so maybe there is some more potential for both sides to drop points?

18. eriol

eriol Member

Dec 15, 2005
    NOT Pacific Grove, CA anymore
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    don't want to jinx this

19. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I know we're all feeling pretty pleased about ourselves but, you do realise we've got games like this coming up. do yer..

Anyway 2-2

20. 352klr

352klr Member+

Jan 29, 2001
    The Burgh of Edin
    Oh FFS, Mannone. That was Rob Green-esque.

21. BluePict

BluePict Member

Aug 23, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yes, this is true. We have to win EVERY game between now and the end of the season - including an AWAY game at Liverpool.

H Sunderland
    A Scouse-Vermin
    H Norwich
    A Cardiff

What the City result does mean though is that we now have our destiny in our own hands

22. ArmanSLR

ArmanSLR Member+

Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Everton dropping 3 points and City needing a 90m goal to just get 1 point from sunderland. The title race is far from over!

4 wins and we are champions, it will not be easy but at least we are in control of our destiny.

The Cold Sea and eriol repped this.
  23. eriol

eriol Member

Dec 15, 2005
    NOT Pacific Grove, CA anymore
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yes, but now if we win out, we win. Huge. :D

24. Miguel Alvarez

May 12, 2006
    I had to laugh when I saw his attempt to get hold of the ball.

Pretty awful

25. sstarch1

sstarch1 Member

Jan 25, 2005
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Obvious. But still great to say.

Win them all, win the title.