Nostalgia Thread

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Henchag, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This is the thread to remember the old times ,newbie fans can also share their thoughts since they started watching roma...

- MOst memorable goal roma scored - Totti's Van basten style goal vs sampdoria in genoa, another one his solo run from midfield to score the ball vs sampdoria in olimpico.

- Most memorable match - Lazio 1 - 5 Roma , Montella with the poker..and demolishing lazio that day.

- Best roma player you seen - Obviously totti

- Player you miss wearing our shirt still - Miss alot, I miss panucci ..he scored alot for a defender and a true leader .I miss Tommasi a very loyal guy to the shirt who took next to nothing salary because of his fitness.

- the match you were most nervous about - defo roma 3 - 1 parma

- Regret games - In 2001/2002 we lost the scudetto on one point, thanks to dropping points late in the season to the worst team in the league Venezia . Another one is sampdoria 2 - 1 roma under ranieri.

- Most memorable moment - Totti with the four fingers when we won vs juventus at the olimpico 4 - 0.Cassano kicking the corner flag.

2. Big Tom

Big Tom Member+

Sep 11, 2011
    In Jimmy's Fountain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Worst moments for me were the 7-1 hammering by Man Utd and the Sampdoria game.

Best match - Roma thrashing Inter 6-2 in the Coppa Italia 1st leg.We went 3-0 up inside 10 mins,truely amazing performance by Roma.

Also knocking Madrid out of the champions league in 08 felt pretty good too.

Henchag repped this.
  3. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Totti has many collection of goals to choose from.

stugotz and Big Tom repped this.
  4. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Champions league 2001/2002 Roma 3 - 0 Barcelona

Champions league 2002/2003 Real Madrid 0 - 1 Roma ( Totti winner, Antonioli was outstanding this game)

Same year, we won valencia 3 - 0 in mestalla.They were unbeaten at home for 20 attempts, and we beat them 3 - 0 .

5. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This was first Roma match I've seen in Rome, I say in Rome because it wasn't at the Stadio Olimpico. I'd seen Roma live before in Naples. I was young so I remember matches later more clearly but I do remember the goals.

Side note, later that year I saw a few Italy and England matches in the World Cup.

whill4, DDR and Henchag repped this.
  6. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Of all of Totti's goal that one against Sampdoria is hard to forget, he was an animal that season scoring left and right. I'll never forget the applause from the Sampdoria fans, a rare display of class in Italy.

7. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  8. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Batigol.....

9. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I would love to have Fabio Junior back, our Ronaldo :p

what a finish...world class

10. stugotz

stugotz Member+

May 20, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I would have said Paulo Sergio was our Ronaldo, I really liked him.

Speaking of players I miss, Delvecchio, and Tommasi.

Memorable games, obviously the 5-1 derby and that great 4-0 beating we threw on Rube. Champions league wins against Madrid, Chelsea, and Barcelona were great. Thrashing Milan 5-0. For me though, its just every derby between 2000 and 2005 were extra special because I found out a friend of mind in high school was a Lazio fan and I used to rag on him, but we were good friends before I knew he had that disease, and we would always get together at each others houses and watch the derbies together. His father hated me for "over celebrating".

Also memorable moment was seeing Roma live against Celtic.