Norway vs. England, Friendly: Saturday 26/05/12, 19:45 Ullevaal Stadium, Oslo [R]

Discussion in 'England' started by BarryfromEastenders, May 22, 2012.

1. three lions

three lions Member

Apr 2, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Should have gone with 5 forwards... Roy loaded up players in midfield, with the idea that Walcott, Young, etc..could provide the help at forward..

2. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    This is why we needed a prelim squad..

Holland named over 30 players in their prelim squad..
    once again we are left voluntarily short handed by poor planning. A curse that Pearce and Capello would regularly fall into .

3. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Henderson, Jagielka and Adam Johnson all training with the squad today. Glen Johnson and Welbeck miss training.

4. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
    Welbeck would be another big blow if he doesnt make it.
    Sturridge would come in as the striker on standby.

5. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    F365 were saying Welbeck was training alone.

6. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Maybe he was. Glen Johnson was training with the rest of the squad but had to pull out.

7. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    put glenn johnson upfront, he is a better attacker than defender lol he's scored some decent goals too

agree about the pre lim squad, standard england practice to make everything difficult

8. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
    Richards is the next logical callup if Johnson is crocked .

9. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I cannot see Parker being fit for this tournament, been blatantly obvious for the last 3 months that his achilles is fvcked and in need of long rest / surgery.

Kelly is mediocre, although given the paucity of fit alternatives and Richards being out of favour I guess there is no other choice.

10. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
    If Parker drops out ,Henderson would come out of the standby list instead of someone like Cleverly. Big blow for the squad because Henderson cant even manage a 5 yard pass .

11. RobTheFool

RobTheFool Member+

Apr 19, 2008
    London, England
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Bloody hell it's been hot out there today..

I hope Parker does stay fit.. I thought that he came through training today ok? Whatever happens I do not want to see Henderson in the squad..

12. rubinkazan

rubinkazan Member

Oct 8, 2010
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Even if Parker is declared 'fit', it is unlikely he actually will be, his performance will probably be poor like Rooney and Barry in the last tournament. If I was Roy I would try and tempt Carrick to come back rather than turn to Henderson

13. three lions

three lions Member

Apr 2, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    One would think anyway.. Let's hope

14. three lions

three lions Member

Apr 2, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I wouldn't... He turned his back on the team because of the possibility of not being a starter..

15. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
    Richards is versatile too .Can cover other positions.

16. three lions

three lions Member

Apr 2, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yep, I thought he was a for sure pick with a new manager coming in.. Shame our best right back keeps getting snubbed.. He must've really fcked up with admin...

17. rubinkazan

rubinkazan Member

Oct 8, 2010
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    who would you rather see playing in midfield, Carrick or Henderson? I know who I would prefer. I would even consider trying to get Scholes, Roy didn't even ask him when picking the squad.

18. three lions

three lions Member

Apr 2, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Carrick is the obvious better choice, but as much as I admire his play, I don't want players that have no desire to play for the squad when they are asked.. Hendo is shite..

19. rubinkazan

rubinkazan Member

Oct 8, 2010
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Henderson is not very good now, but he's only 21 so I think he is one for future. Carrick is quality, even if he has a bad attitude, it is partly understandable considering the way he is still seen as a fringe player when he really should be starting more games for England. I would try and get him to change his mind because he will be important for England in the next world cup in Brazil; in the higher climate we will need players who can keep posession in midfield

20. mo0.

mo0. Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Club:
    Swindon Town FC
    not sure why there's all the fuss around 'needing to call a preliminary squad'...we essentially have that training at the Etihad right now with all the standby players there.

and we need to qualify for WC2014 before even talking about that.

21. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    England fans are being charged £65.00 for this game and it's £8.00 for a pint :eek:

Last time England beat Norway in Norway was 1966 and Jimmy Greaves scored four in a 6-1 win.

22. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
    Booze in scandinavia is notoriously expensive.

23. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    True but to have the most expensive tickets in Norwegian FA history is ridiculous for a friendly at the end of the season.

24. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Rob Green and Andy Carroll will both start.

25. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Back four will be Jones, Jagielka, Lescott and Baines. Gerrard and Parker in midfield.