No matter what happens, Bigsoccer China will always be here - The National Team Thread 2011

Discussion in 'China' started by ntg., Oct 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008
    Re: No matter what happens, Bigsoccer China will always be here - The National Team Thread 2011 [R]

MOM to Yu Hai for breaking the stalemate.

Chances are Iraq will tie Jordan for the greater good or Arab unity. But, till then, the dream is still alive.

2. lu0hh

lu0hh Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Club:
    Guangzhou Yiyao
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Re: No matter what happens, Bigsoccer China will always be here - The National Team Thread 2011 [R]

hahahah ya about han peng. gao lin did create a lot of chances though.
    but he also had a lot of oppurtunities himself that he messed up.
    chen tao and zheng zheng though...
    because they were down 1 man they had to be more alert and react faster..
    forced the players to actually run lol.
    2nd half was wayyyy better than the 1st.

3. lu0hh

lu0hh Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Club:
    Guangzhou Yiyao
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

oh ya and yu hai...hhate to say it but he played really well..i think i forgive him now for messing up that goal against jordan

4. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008

It'd have been nice if he scored on that, but it's really hard to blame him there. Got subbed in late. Didn't have enough playtime. He is a percentage player. He needs more than one of two chances to score one.

5. Zhou Botong

Zhou Botong Member

Oct 15, 2007

You are spot on. As long as China beats Jordan, Iraq loses to both Jordan and Singapore, China advances to 4th round on better goal difference. Goal difference has been decided tonight in the China - Singapore match. In fact 3 - 0 would have been enough.

My thought was that Arab brotherhood will prevail. But I have now another thought. Jordan may wish to ensure finishing top of group in order to have a good draw in the 4th round. It cannot do so by drawing with Iraq. Jordan knows it now has its best chance of qualifying for WC 2014 and surely wants to create the best conditions for itself to do so. Besides Jordan must surely believe that Iraq cannot possibly lose to Singapore in the last match. So there is actually a very thin lifeline for China going into the match between Jordan and Iraq. I am certainly keeping my fingers crossed.

约旦加油啊

6. cfb21

cfb21 Member

Aug 28, 2011
    London

I missed the match, forgot to check what time it was at.

7. Zhou Botong

Zhou Botong Member

Oct 15, 2007

Tonight's match is the best I have seen China play against Singapore. Confident and in control despite losing one man.

And where did this Zheng Zheng come from!!! Really awesome.:cool:

8. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008

That'll be nice, if Jordan wins. We'll have another exciting match to watch. There's a good chance we'll be in our normal form and beat Jordan in the last match. Even though most likely Singapore will not be able to beat Iraq, we won't know that for sure until the very end.

At this point I think the chance of Iraq beating or tying Jordan is greater than what we'd like. But still hoping for the best. Dreams are addictive.

9. gold4278

gold4278 Member

Feb 21, 2007
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008

Zheng Zheng is Camacho's new discovery. Today it feels like the new coach has finally figured out the nuances of the team. Starting Yu Hai was a good move. Letting Zheng Zheng play instead of Sun Xiang was creative. Subbing in Zheng Zhi only until the very end was interesting. Benching Han Peng all together was gutsy.

Is it really so or maybe 4-0 just makes everything look good?

11. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

it's good man. youtube should be up soon. only second half = worth to watch.

12. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002

His debut was against UAE, though this was his first start.

I have no idea and have been asking this question for awhile now. Han Peng, Yang Xu, even Yu Dabao should be seeing more time instead of Gao if Camacho insists on a 4-5-1.

13. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008

Other than the Yu Hai goal, that is. Before that, China looked like the usual close but not quite team it's been lately with good chances but no finishing. The first goal helped our kids settle in the mentality of simply playing the best they are capable of. And then good things happened.

14. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008

Han Peng is a target man. Unlike the Jordan match when we had no one in the middle for most of the match, today we already have a target today in Yu Hai. Gao Lin is a much better creator of space and chances because he is the only one among the lot that could dribble (semi-dribble).

15. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008

Hao Haidong on Zheng Zheng,

"“现在边后卫就应该这么踢,能攻善守,具备超强的奔跑能力。”
    http://sports.sina.com.cn/n/2011-11-15/21395830250.shtml

Sounds almost like he is talking about Sun Jihai.

16. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008

Goals and highlights of today's match,

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHNRdCyXNNU"]Singapore vs China 0-4 All Goals Full Highlights 15.11.2011 FIFA World Cup Qualifier Asia Zone - YouTube[/ame]

17. gold4278

gold4278 Member

Feb 21, 2007
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Jordan is up 1-0!!!

18. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002

I don't know, the vast majority of chants I heard were Chinese fans.

Why insist this is a B team? I don't know who Singapore's typical starters are, but looking at the team sheet for this match and the first one, Singapore only made 2-3 changes.

Erm....you're giving Camacho WAY too much credit...

Yu Hai's a winger, not really a target man. I'd disagree that Gao's the only one who can dribble (or create space for that matter). In your description of Gao, it seems more what you'd want from a midfielder, not your lone striker, who should be a scoring threat.

19. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008

Didn't realize this during the match. The fourth goal was all Zheng Zheng. But the first second third goals all had Hao Junmin in it. Chen Tao assisted Yu Hai's goal. But Hao was the one who passed the ball to Chen. And then Hao assisted both the second and third goals.

Which brings me back to the unlucky side of this saga, only if Hao had not been absent because of injury for the first Iraq match.

20. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008

Pretty sure it's their regular ie A team.

Mindful of that, I asked, "is it really so or maybe 4-0 just makes everything look good." :D

You only needed to read a little further.
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showpost.php?p=24703515&postcount=413

Yu Hai has been delivering as the target man even though he is supposedly a winger. I remember the Qu Bo pass when Yu Hai headed it home against South Korea. He is pretty good at moving forward and to the right position to find a way.

Ideally it would be Gao and Deng together with Deng the attacking mf and Gao the striker. As a lone striker Han is probably better. But with Deng and Zheng Zhi both on the bench and already Yu Hai as a target, Camacho probably needed Gao's runs more than Han as the target.

21. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008

Slam dunk. The Air Jordan is back. :D

Not quite, half time, only 1-0. Keeping fingers crossed.

22. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002

I'm confident Jordan's going to beat Iraq. I don't buy into all that "West Asian brotherhood" sarcasm. However, I can't see any way that Iraq fails to get even a point against Singapore, better to let the dream die than be disappointed all over again.

23. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008

Unfortunately, Jordan and the West Asian brotherhood are not living up to your confidence. 1-1 now 67th minute.

24. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008

What's worth quoting is worth quoting twice. :D

3-1 Iraq's lead now Chengb. 85th minutes. With all due respect, you've again argued beautifully for the wrong side. :D

25. zuqiu85

zuqiu85 Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Seeing as how China are likely to be eliminated (even if Jordan somehow win today, it's difficult to imagine Singapore beating Iraq), what Chinese NT games (other than friendlies) can we look forward to in the next 3 years? As far as I know, there won't be any qualifiers for the next AFC Asian cup for at least 2 or 3 years, and I can't think of any other tournaments China might be involved in.