No mas 10 en la seleccion!!!!

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by crzdcolombian, Feb 25, 2008.

1. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    Re: Nt # 10

sudden death of a thread:eek:

2. MrPaisa

MrPaisa New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Madison, NY

does simeone wear the same clothes or does he keep a closet full of black shirt,s blazers, pants, shoes and socks?...who is this guy? Batman?

3. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

nahhh he its just a very borring guy... y eso que no ta viejo y amargado y aburrido de la vida....

y sobre el 10... creo que la respuesta es macnelly torres. Motta y gio moreno falta ver pero de todos el que creo que esta en mejor momento es macnelly torres, y que vaina lo que le paso a pino :( ojala en un futuro no muy lejano vuelva a brillar

4. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    What Ten do you want?

What type of #10 do u want or think Colombia needs?

A Pibe like : Motta, G10, Macnelly, Aldo

Almost a striker : Pino, Tessor, Gio Moreno, Luis Mosquera

I think that a more modern AMC almost a striker would be alot better option in our 4-3-1-2 formation we are using

5. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Re: What Ten do you want?

You're assuming we want a 10.

6. FLFootballFan

FLFootballFan Member

Apr 18, 2007
    Club:
    Nacional de Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

i would like a "10" like Cesc...........someone who can maintain possession and the same time provide defensive assignments.

7. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Yeah....I'd hoped a few years back that Abel Aguilar could be that guy but he's never developed.

Would still love to see Edwin Valencia get a shot in the middle, he's not the creator by any means, but he's athletic and tidy on the ball, and I think would give us a nice alternative when Amaya gets his next yellow...

8. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

yo quiero un 4-2-3-1 en un sistema donde se podra decir q hay tres creadores........en esa linea de tres enganches pondria a macnelly( gio en el primer tiempo hasta q macnelly aprenda a jugar dos tiempos), pino, soto( falcao) ( dayro) y de punta wason o falcao.

9. MiLo4891

MiLo4891 Member

May 14, 2007
    FLL

I think it depends, when Colombia faces a rival that puts 10 men in thier own area I think its important to have a guy who thinks pass first and hides the ball, controls tempo and distributes. IE Big Mac, G10

When Colombia plays the counter attack like it has vs Peru and Ecuador I think its perferable to have a 10 that takes men on and looks to score.
    G Mo, Tressor.

Quero contra Uruguay que juegan a toda velocidad y creo mas veloz y mas frontal que Colombia, colocar un 10 al estilo de Gio Moreno, o Tressor, alguein que desborda, en cara, y remate. jugar ese 4-4-1-1 que comenso con Ecuador, y tal vez ya en el segun cuando Uruguay se canse en la alutra y se resguarnden en su campo, por que lo van hacer(ojo), entar a un diez como G10, o Big mac que maneje los tiempos distribuye, y mete balon filtrado. OJO eso dos necesitan delanteros mobiles como Dayro, Perea o Rodagol, y un socio en el medio, o minimo que los volantes de primera linea los constantemente este entregando el balon(lo que no hiceron contra peru y ecu en el primer tiempo).

10. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

I think that the 4-2-3-1 is a double-edge sword as Russia proved to the Netherlands. Especially if you have very offensive minded wingers that will leave your left/rigth backs vulnerable to double teams. Furthermore the 3-1 in attack requires guys that can cross that ball accurately and other than Soto (who is not 100% yet), I do not see who will be throwing passes to Falcao or Rodallega upfront.

I was impressed with the 4-3-1-2 that we played late against Ecuador. Basically Giovanny and the two forwards were able to play freely with no defensive responsibilities and the 3 defensive midfielders covered a lot of ground. Valencia would be a nice alternative as the left midfielder since he and Guarin can double in attack. Sanchez would be the anchor rarely moving into attacking position. But the key again is that Pinto did not ask for any of the 3 guys upfront to run back and help in defense, although they were required to press the goalie and the oppossing defenders.

11. colombo

colombo Member

Jul 25, 2006

Wrong... if you watch the game again, you'll see how dayro helped a lot as a fifth middle, and Gio in the middle also as a RM, Rodallega couldn't because all the effort he did in the first half, the guy was very tired.

That's why I say we could play 4-3-3 with Dayro helping as a right wing when we are being attacked, the same he does in steua, and Rodallega and Wason up front. They are young and can help in the defense as Chilean forwards do.

12. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

He's not wrong. You just don't agree with him.

13. cbcol80

cbcol80 New Member

Jun 23, 2008

EL 10 YA NO EXISTE....THE POSITON DIED WHEN ZIDANE RETIRED...!!!....and Riquelme is the last one left....we need to modernize....we need movement without the ball...CAMBIO DE RITMO...

14. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

exactly the games we playd best last qualifiers there was no ten just a team attacking together and defending together

the 10 is dead people might still wear the # but players like Zidane, Pibe they dont exist any more and its cost us 2 world cup qualifiers trying to find another one.....

Pibe generation is done but to waste our new golden generation because we want to play like we did in 1994 is retarded

15. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Which makes your starting this thread about who should be Colombia's 10 all the more interesting...

16. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

I just want to know what people think???

I think that neither Gio or Macnelly is taking us to a World CUp and if we play this preschool shit at a world cup we are going home early again

I dont like the #10 concept, I know that most these players playd it for ever and that is the way colombia plays but .... what has colombia won playing like this???? not much 1 questionable Copa AMerica

We need to change how we play and I prefer wingers to a #10 as I have been saying in other threads.... if instead of using a #10 we use 3 strikers 2(Renteria,Rodallega,Dayro or Pino(when ready)) and 1 CF (Renteria or Falcao)

17. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

I actually agree with you and think that we were far better off playing 4-4-2 as we did in the first four qualifiers than in the 4-3-1-2.

My point was just that if you wanted to have the discussion you describe above, you'd be better off discussing starting a thread around formations or how we play, than one around which 10 people want - since as you note, and I think most people here agree, a 10 is likely not the answer to our problems.

18. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

gracias a la gran actuacion de un enganche( macnelly) es q conseguimos las dos victorias de local, creo q aqui muhcos quieren sacar jugadores solo por el capricho de modernisarze afanadamente, por hacer esas cosas nos va pasar lo mismo de francia en la eurocopa q intentaroin de primerazo jugar sin un creador y vena como fracasaron.

19. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

love how people forget Bustos scoring 2 goals :)

Bustos didnt play against Ecuador so we didnt have free kick scoring chances.... BUSTOS has to START every game unless our strikers start scoring every game

20. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

y jugara la ruleta rusa?

no necesitamos el 10 - puede ser cierto
    pero si necesitamos los volantes mixtos que duren 2 tiempos completos!

la irragularidad de nuestro medio campo es el problemas, en creadores y lanza pases estamos perdidos......con razon 2 golpes de suerte son los goles de locales.

21. colombo

colombo Member

Jul 25, 2006

De acuerdo, no necesitamos un 10.

podemos jugar un 4-3-3 con Falcao-Wason(Roda)-Dayro, Falcao y Dayro estan acostumbrados a bajar y acompanhar, y podemos dejar tres duros atras, Amaya-Guarin-Sanchez, Un equipo muy ofensivo si tomamos en cuenta a Zuniga y al del otro lado Velez o Gonzalez, atacariamos con 5 y cuando toque defender, quien pasa ese medio campo? ademas teniendo en cuenta que el equipo empezaria a presionar desde arriba con los tres de adelante!

Fuera de todo eso tenemos media distancia con los tres del medio, asi que cuando se ganen los rebotes seriamos super peligrosos!

22. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

the modern #10 ...... and best one is Cesc of spain that kid is amazing !!! all 3 goals spain scored so far are sick passes from him and he has alot of goal and is good at defending and at his age he is one of the best in the world and soon will be the best

now he is a true 10 but he isnt used like that or hey ur the only one who has the responsiblity for us to score spain uses inesita-Xavi and alot more to help him get free

we need to use wingers or have a more offensive midfiled

spain play a 4-1-3-2 think that we could do that as well but a 4-3-2-1 would work better for us as we dont have a #10 or a players as creative as Xavi or Cesc on our team

23. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

hey muchachos pero por q descartan tan rapido a Armero... el es un pedazo de lateral... estuvo de malas en los 2 partidos pero ************... quien nmo tiene un mal partido... el asunto del 10 siempre he dicho q hay q perderle el miedo a abandonar nuestra tradicion... y de hecho... por q no jugar mas bien con una 3-4-3? los centrales los tenemos... los mediocampistas los tenemos (bueno... tal vez no el volante por la izquierda) tal vez poner a armero ahi... y los delanteros... SI QUE LOS TENEMOS! con wason por la izquierda, rodallega por la derecha y falcao por el centro... y dayro de ñapa... quien sabe... de pronto como volante por la izquierda...

24. Big Football

Big Football Member

Jun 25, 2001
    Some beach in Florida,
    Club:
    Deportes Tolima
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Olvidenlo, Colombia nunca va a abandonar su estilo de jugar, es en la sangre. Modernizarse solo por el hecho de modernizarse no significa progresar necesariamente. Acuerdense de Lazaroni con Brasil en Italia90 que quizo "modernizar" el estilo de juego y fue un desastre.

Nuestro estilo de juego necesita un 10, no tanto para un 4-3-1-2 pero para un 4-4-2 que hasta ahora nos ha sido mas exitoso. Algunos hablan de poner a 3 delanteros (Falcao-Wason(Roda)-Dayro) en vez de un 10, eso si es algo que no tiene sentido, no estamos en los 60, cuando se jugaba con dos punteros y un centrodelantero.

El estilo de nuestro juego progresa pero nunca nos vamos a deshacer del 10.

25. k1000o

k1000o New Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Bogota

colombia jugaba sin 10 hasta que maturana vino y impuso lo que se supone era el estilo colombiano que en ese entonces era una imitacion brasilera envez de la tradicion de copiar a los argentinos....

que sangre ni que pan caliente.....el estilo se pude cambiar en colombia por el solo acto de que nunca tuvimos uno, esto nos deja la libertad de escoger lo que nos beneficia al tiempo, si con valderrama teniamos un 10 de los mejores del mundo y un futbol florido, dale....pero ahora tenemos una de las defensas mas solidas y un futbol que en ataque pinta como para jugar directo y sin 10.....

hay que ir con lo que colombia tiene