Nike Thread [20] - Post all info, pictures & questions here.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Oct 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FootySpy

FootySpy Member

Oct 22, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Woops, type; that should say 2015 not 2014. Maestri IV has a release date of June 2014 on that catalogue, a replacement wouldn't make sense only three months later. Anyone know if it will be a similar style of cleat?

2. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'll try to find out more about it from my sources. I heard it is a WC release though.

3. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Why would you change/get rid of the boot that basically made every boot company stop and rethink/re design silos?

frannie11 repped this.
  4. FootySpy

FootySpy Member

Oct 22, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    You wouldn't. Unless its a renaming of the range, then the move makes little sense.

5. Rightfoot5

Rightfoot5 Member

Dec 27, 2004
    Richmond, VA
    From what I've heard, the Maestri is going away before the World Cup, to be replaced with a new silo. Or during the World Cup.

6. FootySpy

FootySpy Member

Oct 22, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Tiempo V in the "White Reflective Pack" colorway. Love that shade of blue!

[​IMG]

kaitoclover, peridz, rooster and 7 others repped this.
  7. futsalplayer

futsalplayer New Member

Nov 4, 2013
    Does anyone know when the Lunar Gato II in blue/white reflective are on sale?

8. MDork

MDork Member

Sep 14, 2012
    January 2014

9. b0sk1

b0sk1 Member+

Jan 28, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If they removed the "reflective" that would be one good looking boot. I like how Adidas has done it incorporating it into the stripes. I think its a classier way of doing it. I'm also not opposed to how Lotto did with the entire upper. This one just doesn't sit right with the lighting bolt design (unless the entire heel is reflective and this is just the flash).

10. rooster

rooster Member

Dec 16, 2003
    This talk of dropping the ctr360 is crazy! They are one of if not thee most popular boots worn by the pros. I wonder what the reasons are?

11. ejgrownarseman

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #111 ejgrownarseman, Nov 4, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
    I think the truth is most people (even older players) just really don't care about boots. They don't care if they're black or rainbow colored, plastic or leather, as long as they give good traction and are decently comfortable.

Preferring classic black boots requires one to actually have an opinion on the matter, and in my experience 90% of players don't.

12. Decency

Decency Member

Oct 4, 2012
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    pretty much hit the nail on the head.

also the ctr falls to bits really easy so they're probably just going to change it a little and rename.

13. ejgrownarseman

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I actually try to downplay my boot knowledge around my teammates. Well, not really downplay it, but rather, not let them know just how much I know haha.

In regards to the CTR, am I the only one who thinks it's a bulky boat of a boot in the way it fits/feels? Maybe they're putting it on a diet.

14. rooster

rooster Member

Dec 16, 2003
    The ctr ii was a decent boot, the fit around the toe box was sloppy for me though and the pads made them feel bulky. The fit of the iii imo is much better.

15. ejgrownarseman

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another thing with the CTR, get rid of the suede heel lining. It's a nice touch but any amount of water/sweat makes it stay wet entirely too long. The same can be said of the Tiempo and Premier but at least they're leather and you can't expect them to stay very dry anyways.

16. littlepeaface

littlepeaface New Member

Nov 5, 2013
    Club:
    AA Coruripe
    will there be any problems using the NIKE PREMIER on artificial grass?
    i've read about the blades vs conical studs issue, and it seems that conical studs are safer on AG? is this true? what about triangular studs like on the adidas LZ2? Are those safe on AG as well?

17. b0sk1

b0sk1 Member+

Jan 28, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You'll probably get several different opinions. The general "consensus" is that conical studs are probably better than blades on AG. That being said I've played many years with bladed studs on AG and haven't experienced any problems (knock wood).

18. ejgrownarseman

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have the Premier and I've never used them on AG but I don't see you having any problems. The LZ's I would avoid if possible. I have some F50's and they're fairly "grabby" even on natural grass. I have read here that Sprint Frame studs tend to break on AG as well.

19. AllanBhoy

AllanBhoy Member

Feb 5, 2013
    The Canadian Republic
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I use my Hypervenom Phantoms on AG and they are perfect. The Premier stud pattern is very similar so I don't think you will have any problems.

And @ejgrownarseman would you say that the Traxion 2.0 (or whatever they call the Adidas stud pattern) is better or worse than blades on AG?

20. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  21. peridz

peridz Member

Mar 8, 2009
    Mexico
    Club:
    Club Necaxa
    i have played with both conical and blades on AG and i have felt more comfy with the conical.

22. ThisIs

ThisIs Member

Feb 10, 2010
    the new nike magista is like a combination of hypervenom and ctr maestri. they'll be made of the same material as tiempo v (which will come in january). they shape of the boot reminds me of t90.

next summer nike will release boots with socks inbuilt that nike has been working on for two years. they're supposed to support your ankle. neymar and many other players will use those shoes at wc 2014.

23. AllanBhoy

AllanBhoy Member

Feb 5, 2013
    The Canadian Republic
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    What will the Tiempo 5 be made of? I thought k-leather?
    And what silo will the sock-boot replace? Or will it be another silo?

24. ejgrownarseman

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've never used the F50's on AG. Actually last time I played on AG was around 6 years ago with the original F50's which had the old Traxion bladed studs. I don't remember having issues, but I wasn't "into" boots back then, so I probably wasn't paying much attention anyways.

25. littlepeaface

littlepeaface New Member

Nov 5, 2013
    Club:
    AA Coruripe
    Thanks alot for the replies rgding the premier.

Looking for a safe boot rather than the popular quick boot since i think the protection outweighs any gain in advantage due to weight.

Ditching my mv9 fg for a pair of premier and the nike bomba. I usually play my 11 aside games on AG, train on natural grass and play the weekly leisurely cage games on AG. Planning to use the bomba finale in the cage, with the premier for 11asides and natural grass training. Any problems? Are nike bombas suitable for 11asides? Havent really seen anyone using those in large pitches.