Nike Thread [20] - Post all info, pictures & questions here.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Oct 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mckersive

mckersive Member+

Mar 26, 2013
    New York City
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :) Nice pun!

Jorma repped this.
  2. Jorma

Jorma Member

Mar 31, 2008
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    @tilburysoccer
    Well...in no particular order heres my top 8 to play in...ill cut a top 5 later when i have more time to think.

Nike Mercurial 2.1
    Nike Hypervenom Phantom
    Nike Match Mercurial
    Nike Tiempo Premier reissue 2009
    Mizuno Morelia UL MIJ
    Diadora Brasil '96
    Adidas Predator Mania
    Adidas World Cup 66

Honorable mentions to:
    Nike Vapor II
    Nike Vapor IV
    Pantafola Lazzarini
    Adidas Adipure 1 made in germany

FootySpy and tilburysoccer repped this.
  3. loecloec

loecloec Member

May 23, 2013
    Club:
    Santos FC
    can't wait for some Mercurial Vapor X pictures to show up

4. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It was on the internet on november/2012...

FootySpy and peridz repped this.
  5. soulstar89

soulstar89 Member

Apr 8, 2008
    LONDON England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

jorma how do the hypervenom compare to the neo? i tried on a pair of hypervenom in town today. the soleplate is extremely rigid.

6. FootySpy

FootySpy Member

Oct 22, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I think I remember the picture you're referencing. Can you confirm that the MVX will resemble that prototype?

7. Jorma

Jorma Member

Mar 31, 2008
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    @soulstar89 yeah the soleplate is rigid until it's worn a few times. I like soft soleplates like the morelia or premier. Premier soleplate on a Hypervenom upper with the Hypervenom stud positioning, yes please!
    I prefer the HV to the neo but maybe not to the UL. Although the heel lockdown on the UL always bugs me

8. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    PM me...

9. Torres92

Torres92 Member

Feb 20, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    @Jorma Is the soleplate of the hypervenom easily scratched? This is my first time having first grade boots.

10. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    boots are to be worn/used/loved/enjoyed/PLAYED IN!

just keep the upper and sole clean from mud after games and you will be fine

sanyal#10 repped this.
  11. Torres92

Torres92 Member

Feb 20, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Alright, thanks.

Haha also thanks for reminding me they're for playing! I just really like those boots a lot :)

Anyway, what's the best way to clean them?

12. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    What surface are you playing on?

If its a grass pitch (wet or dry) get yourself a bowl of warm water, and decent scrubbing brush (nail brush, old toothbrush etc) and just scrub your boots with the warm water and that should get them clean. The just allow them to dry out naturally don't put them in front of a heater or a fire.

If you are playing on turf then some of the marks will be more difficult to remove especially because of the material like upper you can't really use the normal stuff to get the scuffs off.

I know what its like to have boot and want to keep them looking amazing. I used to never wear white boots because I used to get gutted when they started to look worn and I hated not being able to keep the laces clean. Thankfully I got over that - lol. Now i just enjoy wearing my boots and get on with it. You should do the same too, its a complete waste of money if you don't want to wear them because of them getting ruined you might as well of had a cheaper pair.

appleCORR

13. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
  14. Torres92

Torres92 Member

Feb 20, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Thanks! That really put my mind a lot more at ease :)

I think I just really love what they did with the Hypervenom, for me they're like the perfect boots. I almost wanted to get the black ones because I was worried about how dirty the orange ones will get. Luckily I didn't because orange and black is definitely the way I like my hypervenoms :)

Hopefully I'll get over it too but in the mean time I'm just gonna clean my boots like crazy after each game lol.

15. J 10

J 10 Member

Oct 15, 2009
    I've been wearing the Hypervenom FG for quite some time now and they felt very comfortable straight from the beginning. Very soft upper specially in the toe area where I've been having problems with other boots (pain on toe nails). Since I often play on artificial grass, I decided to try the AG's too (because I'm always afraid artificial grass might ruin the FG's). I put them on (same size as the FG I have) and they hurt my toes like hell. Sure the soleplate must be a little stiffer and thicker but I didn't expect that big of a difference. Anyone else tried those two versions?

16. Bootboy

Bootboy Member

Oct 23, 2007
    North London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  17. Space bar

Space bar Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    Michigan Bucks

18. GrassRouteOne

GrassRouteOne Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    You've got to give it to Nike, they know what makes a cool teaser.

kick96 repped this.
  19. Bootboy

Bootboy Member

Oct 23, 2007
    North London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Best one so far I'd say

20. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Shouldn't Ronaldo's have four heel studs in FG?

b0sk1 repped this.
  21. b0sk1

b0sk1 Member+

Jan 28, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Neil Armstrong wore vapors?!?!?!?!?:confused: I thought he would've been a tiempo guy.

Jorma, Clash10, kick96 and 4 others repped this.
  22. GrassRouteOne

GrassRouteOne Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    He wore the Tiempo in training as he did prefer it over the Mercurials, but Nike's advertising convinced him he had to switch to the Vapors, as it was the only boot fast enough to achieve escape velocity from the Earth's gravitational pull.

Little known fact: Buzz Aldrin had to switch to the CTR360 for the journey home to maintain complete control of the capsule during it's descent.

Zizou15, FootySpy, Space bar and 11 others repped this.
  23. Shinobu

Shinobu Member

Nov 6, 2009
    Narnia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    cant wait for these boots!

24. chrome_vapors

chrome_vapors Member+

Oct 15, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very curious about this as well. I tried on the FG at Niketown and took me back to the first time I tried on my Maestri II Elite. They felt like slippers on my feet. I play on truf 99% of the time though and will be getting the AG version.

25. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I would consider the Ronaldo in AG if they do it. The upper is probably the coolest looking the I've seen on a special edition boot. I have no use for the SG pro, and zero love for the FG farce outsoles.

They remind me a bit of the R9 blue Vapor 3 that had the great commercial where he was taking shots and whipping them into the upper V and then turns and says something to the effect of "Ronaldinho, you're supposed to score" in reference to Dinho's volley, crossbar, repeat video.

Commercials like that are part of why Nike always seems cooler than adidas. I've compared the two to Apple vs. Microsoft before, but I think Google might be more accurate for adidas now.

TRIXTA805 and rooster repped this.