Nike Thread [18] - Post all info, pics & questions here!

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2nd_striker

2nd_striker Member

May 21, 2008
    London
    so much for nike insider, i didnt even get an email! whats with nike and the small size exclusive boots anyway? guess im gonna have to id a pair

2. nedoz9

nedoz9 Member

Dec 31, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yeah Nike Insider is useless. Need to follow the Twitter feeds really. They didnt even announce that they would be tweeting the link, I only noticed it because I went on to their account and saw they had replied to people saying they would be tweeting it at midnight.

I know, the small size thing kills me also, I'm a UK11 and haven't been able to get any of the GS boots because they only go up to UK10. The CR was a little different as I wanted it as a collectors piece anyways so the size didn't matter too much, would of preferred my size though.

3. b0sk1

b0sk1 Member+

Jan 28, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm showing up to my next game naked, I'll just use body paint for my jersey.

4. Bootboy

Bootboy Member

Oct 23, 2007
    North London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    BOOM MY VAPORS ARE HERE!
    will get to work on the review shortly, any questions you've got - let me know and I'll try and answer them!

[​IMG]

5. lakelui

lakelui Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can add prodirect to the list of "I can't believe they want us to adverstise for them and pay if we win" web stores doing the CR7 contest.

6. tythomasc

tythomasc New Member

Jan 8, 2013
    Was on Unisportstore yesterday at Midnight CET (5pm) I was at work. Ordered one, so giddy couldn't help myself from trying to order another.
    Because I was in such a hurry to check out, I did not read that there was a Limit 1 per customer.
    After the confirmation e-mails came the cancellation e-mails.
    Apparently, they accuse me of purchasing with the intent to resell, and cancelled all my orders MANUALLY moments after I completed.
    I e-mailed to ask WTF right when the e-mails came after the first 2 orders and they didn't get back to me til 10AM CET (3AM here) and by then they'd sold them all and I was unable to get any from them.
    Total, I placed 4 successful orders(2 initially, and 2 after 2 cancellations) through Unisport, and will receive no boots from them.
    I appealed to Customer Service that my initial order should still be honored on the merit of it being timely enough to secure a copy of the boot, and that only my additional order should have been cancelled. Unfortunately, they have no more boots to sell, and will not cancel someone else for me.

Should I have been punished for my greed and been awarded no pairs?
    or
    Should I have been disallowed from the extra pairs I attempted to buy without being Sent OFF completely?

7. tythomasc

tythomasc New Member

Jan 8, 2013
    btw, the first 2 pairs on eBay are only $1100.
    Not saying I didn't think about that when I tried ordering 2 pairs :whistling:

the CS Rep had this to conclude
    all I had to do was stop... o_O

btw I am sure Nike LOVES all attention these boots get, including the outrageous resale values. Unisport/Nike think everyone who buys these will keep them? :D

8. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It's more to do with touch on the ball than speed you run.

9. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    :p

If anybody ever in the entire world has complained about 'air resistance' while playing football, then quite frankly, they don't deserve to play the sport. Absolutely mind-boggling the prospect of someone complaining about that.

Sure if winds are high speed and they stop you from running as fast, but in an ordinary game.. With good weather... SERIOUSLY.

10. colinstu310

colinstu310 Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Bonnie Scotland
    Club:
    Rangers
    What do the numbers on the heel of the vapor IX CR7 mean??

11. lakelui

lakelui Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ^^^Pretty much means runner-up

12. 2nd_striker

2nd_striker Member

May 21, 2008
    London
    Just went on nike id and you cant get black or white dimpled vapors...odd...

13. lakelui

lakelui Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ^^^The closest is the pearl in the dimpled or can do the pearl to white fade.
    Anyone know what the bright crimson actually looks like? Is it more red, pink or orange?

14. mretrum

mretrum Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder what the CR7 will being going for on resale market? $500-$700 maybe? While limited editions are cool, I'm not a fan of the boot personally. The CR7 font is poorly executed IMO. Better than the Messi F50s by a mile though.

15. mretrum

mretrum Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To be honest, I see where you are coming from, but did you really expect to just order 4/100 of the available the CR7s without issue? They accused you of intending to resell and it's hard not to side with them there. I could see ordering 2 pairs (one to wear, one to keep), but 4? I feel your pain, but I think greed did get the best of you here.

16. Zizou15

Zizou15 Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    How do u even become a boot designer? Or other boot-related jobs? Like designing/testing/making the entire boot, not just the paint job. What to study etc?

17. 2nd_striker

2nd_striker Member

May 21, 2008
    London
    Art and design degree is my best guess...

Do people still have worries about having only 2 rear studs on mvix fg? Cos im planning on moving to mvix when the black colourway is released in july

18. gwood88

gwood88 Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Good knowledge of biometerics, engineering, apparel design, and more than any of those being a life long player who has tried lots of different boots. That would probably be a pretty good background.

19. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I've seen some uni course's can't remember the name but basically it was for footwear design

but if you don't like pastel/fireberry/vomit based colours nike won't hire you.

20. b0sk1

b0sk1 Member+

Jan 28, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This probably plays a much smaller role than you think.

Dr. Boots repped this.
  21. mretrum

mretrum Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably why we see so much crap these days. Synthetics, rubber 'control' elements, blade stud patterns. All that stuff a real footballer wouldn't bother with when designing a boot.

Footballer-7 repped this.
  22. bitman16

bitman16 Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Im going to apply for an internship in product develoment for football. Hopefully Adidas will pick me :)
    Im studying biomedical Engineering.

Clash10, red & wite army and gwood88 repped this.
  23. ejgrownarseman

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While I agree with you, let's not forget these companies are in sales and nothing more. 15 years ago this community would never have existed because most boots were pretty similar. There just wasn't much to talk about with regards to boots. Plus, new releases were few and far between.

24. gwood88

gwood88 Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Now that I think about it you are correct. I guess what I mean is it would be very valuable if the person had tried a lot of boots and wasn't really swayed by advertising or gimmicks. They could tell what worked well and what did not. For example people like Dr. Boots or Josh Vujo, I would absolutely love to see the boots that they would develop.

Unfortunately, as Dr. Boots has explained to us many times, in today's world its more about the profit margin and marketing. So a boot developer could create something incredible but then the board comes in and changes the entire boot to make it cheaper to produce and easier to market.

25. mretrum

mretrum Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The boot market will never go stagnant because people need/love boots. 15 years ago was 15 years ago and footwear options across the board were much more limited, not just football boots. That is natural manufacturing/logistics/retail progress at work to get where we are at today.

I just feel that real advances can be made in performance, construction, weight, durability, water resistance, etc. without resorting to 'cheap' marketing stuff. While I do applaud pushing the envelope, I simply wish those resources were applied in a manner that shows creative/technical direction from people who have spent thousands of hours on the pitch. You can't build a race car if you've never been around a track.