Nike Thread [18] - Post all info, pics & questions here!

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Decency

Decency Member

Oct 4, 2012
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    if you have the sleeves on them I might buy them. what size are they?

2. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Sorry im late these are my shinpads

[​IMG]

safety first kids

appleCORR7 repped this.
  3. ejgrownarseman

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Speaking of guards, does anyone know if the lime green J Guards sold on soccer.com are different from the white or black ones? The reason I ask is because the green ones are supposedly NOSCAE and the others aren't. I don't care if they are certified or not as I don't need them to be, but they were also the only ones available in size XS. I have some white ones now in size S that are almost 10 years old and I really like them but was wanting something even smaller, so I went ahead and ordered the green in XS. I just hope they're not different in any way (well besides color and size obviously).

4. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    They are a medium and its just the pads with no sleeves.

appleCORR

5. gwood88

gwood88 Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Ah, I think you're right. I looks very similar in the grain texture though to real leather.

6. Decency

Decency Member

Oct 4, 2012
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    how much you looking for them apple? I use tubie grips for mines anyway.

7. ManUtd930

ManUtd930 Member

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Tried on the Nike Premier in a local Dick's Sporting Goods yesterday and compared them directly to the Copa and I have to say I am not very impressed. The first thing I noticed is the quality of the leather on the Premier is very poor. Resembles nothing like kangaroo leather, not soft to the touch and seems to have a synthetic or plasticy feel to them. The Copa has kangaroo and when compared the differences in material is very apparent. Also, the Premier's soleplate is archaic. Its made out of one piece of plastic that is not forgiving. The fit was more narrow than Legends and the toebox is expectionally narrow and almost comes to a point.

I am not impressed. I was looking forward to the release of these boots but I can assure you from first hand experience the pair I evaluated was not Kangaroo and this the first place I think Nike went wrong with these boots in my opinion. Looks like Mizunos are my only option now for true kangaroo boots.

b0sk1 repped this.
  8. ejgrownarseman

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shame to hear that. But, IMO, the leather on the Copa isn't especially soft right out of the box, either. That's one of many reasons they last so long.

9. AllanBhoy

AllanBhoy Member

Feb 5, 2013
    The Canadian Republic
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Maybe they had the preproduction model (which was supposed to be goat leather)?

10. ejgrownarseman

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In my admittedly limited experience with goat leather, it's softer on average than kangaroo and much less durable. Keep in mind, that just because something is kangaroo leather doesn't mean it's going to be buttery soft right off the bat (or ever, really).

AllanBhoy repped this.
  11. AllanBhoy

AllanBhoy Member

Feb 5, 2013
    The Canadian Republic
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Ah, my bad. Don't have any experience with goat leather, just assumed it would be stiffer.

12. ejgrownarseman

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This was with boots (not football boots, but boots boots), so it could've just been a one off thing. But even still, it really just comes down to so many factors it's hard to say based of softness alone.