Nike Thread [18] - Post all info, pics & questions here!

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gwood88

gwood88 Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    My new Tiempo Elites came in today. They look incredible. As far as the sizing goes I went with what most of the reviews said and got a 10US instead of my usual 9.5US and it seems like the length is like that of size 9.75US but the upper in the midfoot is like that of a 9.5US. So the length is about 0.25cm longer than I'd like, but not enough to affect performance. Overall I am happy I went with a 10US. I have a normal width foot and they would have been way too narrow if I went true to size. Just to further give you guys an idea, normally when I tie my boots I have about 2-2.5cm of tongue showing in the middle and on these there is a little over 3cm showing.

The leather quality is great! Very thin. Minimal padding. Extremely soft right out of the box.
    The carbon fiber sole looks amazing, but I am a car/motor sport guy so I am a whore for carbon fiber. I can't feel the flywire yet but I hear once they break in you can.

I can't wait to start using them and get them nice and broken in. Though I will feel like I am cheating on my beloved Morelias for some new sexy super model boot.

serginhobertholi and Kalouda repped this.
  2. rooster

rooster Member

Dec 16, 2003
    I remember when I first got my tiempo elites, I was so excited haha. I've always been surprised that reviews have said to go for a size up. I got mine in my usual size and the fit is best fit in a football boot that I've ever had. Definitely not to tight in length, I can't wear my boots tight against my toe due to chronic swelling on one of my big toes. I feel like the leather at the toe area softens so much that no one would ever have to go up in size.

3. gwood88

gwood88 Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Personally I like my boots to fit pretty snug and I know Josh from Soccerreviewforyou.com does as well. So it could be that since you normally wear your boots a little looser, getting your normal size would have been as if you were going up half a size from a normal snug fitting size and the leather at the toes is soft and stretchy enough to not cause any problems with your toes thus creating a your optimal fit. Just a theory.

I took them for a kick about and I the leather is already starting to form to my foot and the flywire is loosening up a little. I retied them once and I was able to pull the laces a little tighter so only about 2.75cm of the tongue was showing. I definitely like them though.

4. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    Hha how would you compare them to the morelias?

5. gwood88

gwood88 Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Completely different.
    When I wear the Morelias they feel like they are an extension of my foot. You can feel everything very well. It's a feeling I have never had with any other boot and it's one of those feelings you kind of have to try them to understand. I still my favorite boot by far.

The Legend Elites were brand new and I have only had about a 30min kick about in them but as of now, they feel extremely plush and comfortable. There is barely any tongue at the top of the boots. You definitely lose some of that sense of being able to feel everything though like you get in the Morelias. Most likely due to the carbon fiber sole and flywire. At the forefoot/toe area the leather is incredibly soft right out of the box, it has minimal padding, and it seems it is getting softer.

One thing that is very noticeable about the elites is the stiff carbon fiber sole almost makes it like a shooting aid. A couple times when I was taking shots I accidentally messed up and hit the ball with the wrong part of my foot, closer down towards my toes rather than in the middle of my foot. Normally when that happens your toes bend back a little and the shot is weak and off target, but with the stiff carbon fiber sole it didn't even matter. It's so stiff it doesn't really matter where on your foot you strike the ball. This is kind of cool but it can be a negative aspect if you don't know proper shooting technique.

I actually pulled out a ruler to check the amount of tongue showing and wow I am bad at judging length. With my Morelia's and most boots that I wear, at the fourth lace hole from the bottom there is about 3.5-4cm of tongue showing, and I have a regular width foot. When I first tried on the Tiempo Elites there was about 5-5.3cm of tongue showing at the 4th lace hole from the bottom, after the kick about there is about 4.3cm showing.

6. GUNT22

GUNT22 Member

Dec 11, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Thailand
    To be continued .... :) Limited Edition Nike MV9 CR7

[​IMG]

7. Ryan James

Ryan James Member

Jul 5, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Have the Vapor IX's hit the shops yet?

8. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    GUNT22 your image isn't working... :unsure:

JonIsAnOwl repped this.
  9. vanjory

vanjory Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Singapore
    Bolivianfuego and Dr. Boots repped this.
  10. mretrum

mretrum Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have noticed the same effect on shooting with the carbon soleplate and it's one of my favorite aspects of the boot.

One comment on the tongue width... The "stock" (off foot) width of the tongue/lace measurement you speak of is likely going to be different on each boot so you're not necessarily comparing apples to apples. You would have to measure stock width and then compare to the on foot width to give us a fair assessment of how your foot is distorting the boot. When presented as a %, this actually might be an interesting fit metric for a reviewer like vujojosh to use to help readers gauge last width.

holden and gwood88 repped this.
  11. mretrum

mretrum Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So when are those white 360s available? I'd like to scoop a pair of SG Pro Maestris. This colorway is the best by far IMO because it doesn't suffer from all the odd angular color blocking that the previous colors featured such as that blue/pink/black/white monstrosity I'm currently seeing on the pitch. The simplified colors do wonders for an odd looking design.

12. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Looks great. Best pair of white CTR's I have ever seen. Here I hoping this is the primary colorway in this release so an AG model comes out in the top of the range that isn't yellow or orange.

For the twit that thinks I am racist, I don't think this boot is better because it is white. It is just a good color combo.

JonIsAnOwl repped this.
  13. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    LOL Really?

"WHITE IS RIGHT!"

Dr. Boots repped this.
  14. b0sk1

b0sk1 Member+

Jan 28, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. rooster

rooster Member

Dec 16, 2003
    That makes perfect sense. Never thought of it that way.

jayc23 and gwood88 repped this.
  16. gwood88

gwood88 Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    All the measurements I took were when the boots were laced and tied. But you are right different boots will fit differently. I was making a comparison of the approximate average widths of the majority of my boots. You make a very interesting point though. That would be some very interesting and potentially very helpful data. I have never thought about that.

17. SSFC5

SSFC5 Member

May 17, 2011
    United States
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Not sure if you guys already know but Soccer.com is having a contest to win an OPPORTUNITY to buy the CR7 vapors. They have 20 out of 100 pairs. If you're one of those 20 people selected you get the chance to buy hem for $300 I believe. If you don't want to buy them then they choose a different person. It's a pretty smart idea in my opinion. Winners are announced on the 7th (just so happens to be my 21st birthday!) Here's the link for you U.S. folks. Good luck!

http://bit.ly/MVIXCR.

18. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    That's still a crock... it should be free.

Footballer-7 repped this.
  19. SSFC5

SSFC5 Member

May 17, 2011
    United States
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'm not sure if you're saying they should give out the boots for free or if it shoukd be free to enter the contest? if you are trying to say the latter, it is in fact free to enter the contest. You just have to retweet, like, follow blah blah blah all that good stuff. If you're reffering to the first, why in the world should they give out 20 free pairs of extreamly rare boots? The resale on those will be HUGE. It's just a smart way to sell them without complete chaos.

20. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Given the fact that it's rare... why not? I think it's kind of petty... they're letting people BID to pay for something.... something about that rubs me the wrong way.

Footballer-7 repped this.
  21. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    They should be sold first come first serve, online. There is not retail store fear of chaos/danger due to a limited release like with Joradans - I saw a local mall shut down over a stabbing and someone driving their car through a FootLocker for the concords last year. No good right there, but online sales prevent that from happening.

What sucks is they are making you advertise for them - thus work for them - for free and only 20 people will get the perceived reward.

The fact that there is even a "resale" on this proves the current stupidity of the boot buying public. They are standard version with a graphic on them that was worn like twice and with no significant substance behind the shoe or the games in which they were used. He didn't even win the Ballon, so I am sorry, having the second best professional season of the year isn't a cause for boot hubris, IMO.

22. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Actually that is a pretty nice pad. I am into minimalism for design aesthetics, but I would trash that joint pretty quickly.

How is someone supposed to enjoy athe $2000.00 bottle of red that surely goes along with owning a place like that if you can't even open the bottle for fear of a splash?

b0sk1 repped this.
  23. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    It's probably all got clear plastic like grandma's couches. lol

Dr. Boots and b0sk1 repped this.
  24. SSFC5

SSFC5 Member

May 17, 2011
    United States
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    fair enough. I can see how it could bug some people.
    I agree with everything you have said. But if you look at it in an economical perspective, they are extremely desirable boots (low supply, high demand) and soccer.com is taking advantage of that. I'm not bothered by it because they can choose to sell their product however they want. If I don't like it it then I won't "bid" and that's that.
    Regarding the chaos part, I'm sure their is some fear of over selling. Take a look at the GS 1 release that had 2012 pairs. They oversold a bunch of boots and there were many many unhappy customers. Now imagine trying to sell only 20 pairs with thousands of Ronaldo fans, collectors, and teen imitators next to their computer waiting for the second they post them in order to purchase them.

I get what you're saying and I agree with most of it. I'm just saying that I think its a brilliant way to sell them business wise. Free Advertisement and no worry of unhappy customers ( for the most part).

25. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    To take the thread away from boots for a minute :

my friend wants to buy a Beckham PSG shirt, and the only one he can find online is on their official website and it costs £92 EXCLUDING postage which is just stupid. I told him to wait until the hype has died down and more online stores might stock it. He is pretty impatient, so does anyone know where he could get one from online a bit more reasonably priced? He is based in the UK.

appleCORR