Nike Thread [18] - Post all info, pics & questions here!

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  2. Decency

Decency Member

Oct 4, 2012
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    So nike are at it again, two different uppers on the new vapor? or one with dimples and one with out? anyone tried out both yet? is this annoying anyone else or is it just me being negative as per?

3. snowman3000

snowman3000 Member

Mar 11, 2007
    I don't mind having the choice of a different upper. Adidas does it the right way: synthetic or leather, I think that's the only reason for having such option.
    What bugs me about Nike, other than the quality getting worse every year, are the shitty colors especially after 2006

b0sk1 and Footballer-7 repped this.
  4. Decency

Decency Member

Oct 4, 2012
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    couldn't agree more mate. if adidas can make a solid pred and release in red and black it will fly of the shelves. instead they release with blue and red -.-

5. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Sadly it just seems it all about the £££ these days - the more they release the more money they will make. If they have an upper with dimples and then decide to ditch the dimples on another upper, it makes you wonder if the dimples actually do anything at all!

appleCORR

6. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    Abit late. But the white Maestris from the previous thread looks right damn awesome.

7. Footballer-7

Footballer-7 Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

I found 2008 to be Nike's peak for colours and styles, at least in my serious boot following life. Simple, two tone on all models (even the vapors had two tone!). Not saying I think all boots are bad now, but they used to be better IMO.

8. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Dr Boots brought up a comparison of the coating on the early AZT90 boots, and the new ACC on the new Nikes. I thought that would give me a good excuse to post a picture of those beauties...
    [​IMG]

jayc23 and b0sk1 repped this.
  9. Michaelich

Michaelich New Member

May 11, 2012
    London
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    simply amazing, the good old days wc 2002

10. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I almost missed this point... hahaha... I was confused! o_O

11. Decency

Decency Member

Oct 4, 2012
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Derek Riordan wore these when he was breaking through at Hibs scoring worldies every weekend.

rooster repped this.
  12. ejgrownarseman

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm glad they're sticking with the monotone upper, but that color is not good.

13. markdd2404

markdd2404 Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Darlaston
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Not a patch on Steven Fletcher though, genuinely one of the best forwards going, bigger clubs than Sunderland should've taken a look at him in the summer.

14. Decency

Decency Member

Oct 4, 2012
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Mate when they were all younger Fletcher would sit on the bench and all the spot light was on O'Connor and Riordan. It just shows you that hardwork will always beat skill because the big man has gone on to have a terrific career and Riordan and O'Connor are a pair of junkies. I always look to see if he scores because it's always good to see one of your own doing well. I really hope Strachen can get him and Jordon Rhodes playing together well for Scotland.

Back on topic. When will these copa killers be released? I do a bit of coaching on a Friday night with kids and could do with a nice pair for strutting about in and probs use them for astro as well because of the nice studs.

15. ejgrownarseman

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe July is what I was told here.

16. Decency

Decency Member

Oct 4, 2012
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    will they be releasing a soft ground version also mate?

17. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Haven't Nike already used that shade of orange on lasers just with a black accent?

appleCORR

18. ejgrownarseman

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know. I'm far from in the know. The only reason I knew the answer was because I asked the same last week. Looks like a solid boot though.

19. ejgrownarseman

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it was reversed: black with orange accents.

20. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yes.

21. eagleStevat

eagleStevat Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Just a quick one, prefer asking to looking back through pages of this. Does the release of the Venom line mean that the Laser line is being dropped? Or are they to be introduced as a new silo entirely?

22. GrassRouteOne

GrassRouteOne Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    It still remains to be seen. Everything I've seen would suggest that the Venom could just be (an admittedly excessive) 5th silo, but then again if Nike were ditching the Laser, I'd imagine they'd want to kind of take it out back and do it quietly. Like Ol' Yeller.

A lot of people on here are In The Know and will probably say it's going for definite, but we won't know for sure until a little closer to the time.

There could even be a period of overlap where all 5 silos are active - i.e. during the Confederations Cup - before Laser wearers start migrating to other boots in time for the new season.

23. niterida09

niterida09 Member

Dec 20, 2005
    anyone have the leather IDs yet? been wondering how it holds up/ tempted to get a pair these options are sick.

24. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The Lasers are absolutely, 100% being dropped for the Hypervenoms.