Nike Thread [17] - All Nike, pictures, info, questions here!

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dermolo

dermolo New Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle
    Cheers for that response JC. I think I'll have to give them a miss, as I've never been one to use a solely bladed stud pattern, in fact looking back I believe the only time I did was when I was in a pair of fiery red f30.7s, which I adored!

I've been in adizeros since they were released, and they've served me well, durability problems aside. I can't help thinking however that I'm really missing out on some wonderful boots while I stay within my comfort zone. The LZs are really great as well; I came into a pair through my club, and the blackouts could end up a sneaky second pair as well!

I play on turf almost exclusively, with the odd match on premium-grade grass. After reading what everyone has to say, with special attention on your exemplary knowledge on the subject, its' come to the point where I must step back and ask myself if I could be doing more to look after myself with my footwear choices. A few months back you talked about the kinetic benefits of a flexible soleplate, a la the mizuno morelia japan model, and that has stuck with me in my perpetual search for the 'right' boot. It's a case of a loss of blissful ignorance I think, but at the end of the day the educated boot buyer will be the best off.

Dr. Boots repped this.
  2. GoDawgsGo

GoDawgsGo Member+

Nov 11, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After wearing some CTR Maestri II Elites at Dallas Cup that Nike had for check out, I knew I was going to eventually get some CTRs. The fit was great and they felt amazing, and I was impressed by the touch of the Kanga Lite. And since they were the Elites, they were insanely light.

So I just recently broke down and bought some Trequarista III AGs for indoor and some Maestri II FGs for outdoor from Eurosport. I haven't played in the FGs much, but I've used the AGs for a couple of games now. After first use my feet were insanely sore in the morning. My heels and soles were in really bad shape, and my right foot was swollen and hurt so bad I could barely walk. Has anyone else had this similar issue?

I feel like a sole change may help. Even though the initial fit felt great I think that once slightly broken in the they were just not providing enough arch support. I've never had this problem with any boots before.

3. ejgrownarseman

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know if this is exactly the way you mean it, but a lot of times I do wish I could go back to the days when I didn't care much about boots. Much simpler (and cheaper) times.

:D

JonIsAnOwl repped this.
  4. dermolo

dermolo New Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle
    That is exactly how I meant it haha can't help but overthink it now!

5. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The benifits of arch support are overrated and it's "need" is a myth in all but the most extreme cases - in which you would most likely not be playing any sports anyway. You need stronger arches, not better arch support. The former is developed, the latter sold in a box. The stuff in a box weakens your feet to the point of functional loss in many cases.

I sounds like your feet are not right for the boot for some reason - or vice versa. I would try it once more and then d/c them if it occurs again.

soulstar89 repped this.
  6. soulstar89

soulstar89 Member

Apr 8, 2008
    LONDON England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    the understanding of bare feet running and basic biomechanics go a long way.

@dr.boots hope rehab is going well. did you try any of the stuff i sent you? im out for 2 weeks with a grade 1 pulled hamstring.

i have to say im liking the look of the new venom but considering i just a new pair of morelia II si japan im in no rush at all to pick up any boots

7. lnicholson29

lnicholson29 Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Ok, so i have a pair of vapor 8's in the white/blue (launch colour), and they have all the common problems that were associated with the early 8's. I recently used my nike voucher so I have no vouchers to my name. I delayed sending them back earlier because of my old voucher i hadnt used yet, but like i said now i have used it im planning on sending them back to nike. My question is; Is it a problem if i send back more than one pair of boots to nike under the same email address? Or should i just send the boots back to the nike returns office in sunderland without bothering to email them?

If you email them they tell you to send them back to the place where you bought them from, but i didnt buy them so i dont know where they are from. I didnt buy my old boots that got the voucher but they let me send them to the place in sunderland. What do you think i should do? I can post pictures of the problems with my boots if necessary?

8. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I got it, thanks - not sure if I replied via email, my life has been crazy busy - I am doing a few things on the list already, actually. I am having a minor surgery tomorrow that will remove either a cyst, or a bit of hardware that has become palpable - or both - and possibly 5%-15% of my meniscus. The latter is most likely not going to occur, but if they scope it they are going to have a look and make a choice from there. None of the possible outcomes will set me back too much; if a scope goes in that will cause some quad weakeness, but I can bounce that back pretty fast.

Good luck with the hamstring.

9. jorgenwa

jorgenwa New Member

Dec 16, 2012
    Does anyone know where I can find these, or if it's even possible to find them in size 44 (EU)? Seems like they are nowhere to be found, and I would think it's because they are "old"...

[​IMG]

10. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think it's because Nike have stopped the elites, more than the fact they are 'old'.

11. jorgenwa

jorgenwa New Member

Dec 16, 2012
    I see. Are they still producing that colorway in the normal Tiempo, and not elite?

12. soulstar89

soulstar89 Member

Apr 8, 2008
    LONDON England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

i had a cyst on right knee and had it drained my my physio, never looked back. you will get muscle wastage of you quads which is normal but maintaining rehab will get size back. it can take a while all depends on injury and person. if they can avoid removing anymore of your meniscus then i would ask them not to as it doesnt grow back once gone it gone forever. make sure before you go under the knife you tell them what u what and dont want them to do.

hamstring is soso. went track today to do rehab runs and felt ok but after feels sore as hell. i had four injections in it and maybe more tomo when i see my physio. performing on a torn hamstring isnt nice at all.

13. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I am super interactive when my surgeon; so we plan everything together and sort out all the options. I joke with him that I am a pain in the butt because I always have my research done well in advance before going in and he ends up having to draw examples on paper sterile sheet that covers the exam table based on my questions. My meniscus was repaired before, not removed so I have 100% still in there. If anything comes out it will be around 5%-10% and only if it looks like "mashed potatoes" according to my doctor. He only removes meniscus if there is no other option.

They aspirated my cyst and it came back straight away; it is a ganglion cyst which means it has a stalk and it grew through a small hole in my MCL, so unless they disconnect it, it seems to want to stay and grow. Being right on my joint line makes it inflamed with plyo, too. My quad strength is climbing back to the point that I am doing close to 300 lbs single leg presses, but size is still down. About three inches around in total difference per quad - 24.5 in on my left and 21.5 in on my right. My doctor said that my quad will swell out once it gets back to strength fully. There is plenty of definition in the smaller quad, it is just visually out of place; good thing for pants or I would look funny.

Good luck with the hamstring. That is painful.

14. b0sk1

b0sk1 Member+

Jan 28, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did you ever see Lady in the Water? You sound like that dude who only worked out 1 side of his body ;)

Dr. Boots repped this.
  15. ejgrownarseman

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    White Tiempos are pretty scarce nowadays which leads me to believe they are no long in production.

16. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Wow, that's an amazing amount for single leg presses after an injury. My quads are both 24.5 inches, and I can squat one rep max around about 80kg. Which translates to around 150lbs right? I need to seriously strengthen my legs because I can bench body weight (granted nothing special but it's okay at my age) and do heavy pull-ups (with weights of around 25kg) but my legs are nowhere near as strong as yours.

What sort of routine do you do?

17. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hahaha! Post of the season, if not the year. I am actually doing work on the good leg, too. Just a lot less muscle building and more muscle maintenance when doing a single leg exercise and then working both with balance stuff, squats and kickouts that are weighted resistance. My plyo exercises work in both legs.

When I say single leg press I am not doing max weight on one single press. That is one leg being used and doing that weight load between 20 and 30 reps on the individual leg. I have not done one max rep squat in a while, so I can't even tell you what I can and can't squat, ATM. I do know that I have no issues doing walking lunges and dumbell squats with 50lbs bells in each hand so that is 100lbs added. My left leg is considerably stronger than my right at the moment; I am able to press 300lbs on my left leg alone 30 times without it even starting to fatigue. That is the entire weight stack at PT, so I am going to have to figure out something for when I go past that weight with my injured leg.

If I am being completely honest, I have never had a focused leg routine in my life, until now. It always came natural to me; my father had legs like Roberto Carlos and I inherited his leg strength. The first time I ever did a leg press was in high school and I put up 700 lbs, three times and I weighed like 175lbs then.

I am currently on a mass building routine where I am lifting heavy weights three times a week, and doing stretching/yoga/recovery/cardio work on the other 3-4 days a week. I also have PT thrown in there - which is 2-3 days a week. I will modify my own routine though if PT falls on the same day as my legs/back workout or if I am totally overtrained for the day.

I focus on max weight in the 8-12 rep range depending on the exercise for mass (lighter weights and 12-15 reps is good for more lean muscle gain), and I am eating like a horse. 3500-5000 calories a day of what I described before a "clean' carbs, the best protein sources I can find, and lots of animal fat. I also do something called intermittent fasting with my meals, which means I eat in a window of time and hit my macros that way as opposed to the mindless "you must eat six small meals a day" advice. That works for some people, but I have always found it to be a bit laughable advice if you deconstruct it critically.

PM me and I can send you the actual routine that I follow, I don't want to junk it up in here anymore than I have already. If you are interested in intermittent fasting, look at www.leangains.com.

b0sk1 repped this.
  18. b0sk1

b0sk1 Member+

Jan 28, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've got to say that for a while Adidas was taking it to Nike in regards to the new color launches but both the 2 new tiempo and laser releases look good IMO.

19. ejgrownarseman

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just got back from the Nike outlet and picked up some Leather Gatos in the black/orange (looks red to me) colorway for $37 after discounts. They also had Legends in black/red for $60 and it took everything in me not to pull the trigger. They were size 9 and fit well enough but an 8.5 would've been ideal. I knew that I would never be truly happy with them knowing an 8.5 would fit better so I refrained. Plus, I have too many black boots already. If they were white or blue I would have maybe done it.

20. Enxienty

Enxienty Member

Jul 29, 2008
    As i predicted, had my ACC vapors for around... 12 days now, playing every day, and they broke. Bye bye stud :( oh well, refund time.

21. ejgrownarseman

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One of the back studs, right? I've seen that a lot. Having only two heel studs probably just puts too much pressure on them.

22. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    12 days????????

23. lnicholson29

lnicholson29 Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeh same for me, my back stud snapped off first time i used them, but since they were my only boots at the time ive continued to wear them. I have however slipped countless times thanks to the lack of stud and english playing fields

24. Enxienty

Enxienty Member

Jul 29, 2008
    no which is weird, it was one of the side studs, must be because i have wide feet, stepovers probally put massive pressure on the outsole

25. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Stepovers - pah! :D