Nike Thread [16] - all info, questions, pics here please

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C-dub57

C-dub57 Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Iowa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unless you find someone on here, eBay is the only place left and they're known to be expensive. They're called Nike Snap Studs if I recall correctly, and at the moment, I don't see any on the US eBay...

2. addictedt0winning

Nov 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Size 9 in vapor vi, ctr 1 elite and vapor iv. What size in sf2 and sf3? Do they fit narrower ? Thanks !

3. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah they are definately called snap studs. The come on like a circular package. Have you got the too that snaps them out too?

As for the stitching, if they are IDs then its probably in there pretty well, and you wouldn't be able to un-pick it or anything, so think you are pretty much stuck with it im afraid, you could always get a sharpe the same colour as the boot and just colour over it?

appleCORR

4. naplessharks23

Feb 15, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    thanks for reply theyll be here tomorow ill see what can be done

5. ALEX408

ALEX408 Member

Mar 25, 2007
    SJ
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I might get a pair of the Blaze Orange Vapor II SG from a friend for almost for free. He said he only used them twice, they are like new.

Either I sell them, or I keep them for my own SG uses.

I am not sure if he has the tool or not, are the studs even durable?

6. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Played another game in my legend elite IV, so so so comfy. Love the leather. They are holding up very well on 3G, which in know is bad, but we all do it.

Only issue is... Need to clean all the black crap off them now

7. naruto16

naruto16 Member

Aug 13, 2005
    Great boots. comparable to legends. fits the same. lower price too can't complain.

8. jaguar11

jaguar11 Member

May 5, 2010
    United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    can't wait man, i pulled the trigger on tiempo elites with my nike voucher, they're coming in on tuesday...

9. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Good luck with that. I wore white tiempos on turf and never really got the black colour off the boot, they kinda have a grey tinge to them now.

appleCORR

10. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    you know, my gf has some clinique make up remover from make up brush's a sprayed some one and it all came off one go had to nail polish remover the sole plate though, but they are all sparkling again now

11. Smallrod

Smallrod Member

Oct 15, 2008
    The Bahamas
    Thanks!

12. davoo

davoo Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    What are your guys' thoughts on the best indoor/astro boot out there? I only have a two and half month indoor season per year and dont want to overspend for indoors. any suggestions?

13. C-dub57

C-dub57 Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Iowa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    commonly referred to as "Nike Crap" back in the day. They didn't fall out as much as Tunits did, but they weren't much better. Personally I'd buy them and flip them on eBay for some easy $$$

14. cleatsfan1103

cleatsfan1103 New Member

Jan 12, 2012
    here already release nike mercurial vapor VIII carbon fiber sole cleats.

15. aries7

aries7 Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    ^

LOL, something i dont understand, if your trying to sell fakes, why would you have a display of TWO left foot shoes (see the red vapors), i mean, if thats not a clear indication for people that your selling fakes, i dont know what is.

16. naplessharks23

Feb 15, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    used tiempo legend iv ids for first time today i actually liked them better than the elite tiempos.. seemed a lot softer..
    also
    i know these are incredibly fake bu is this going to be a real colorway?

17. Spidermonkey

Spidermonkey Member

Jun 22, 2010
    United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have been on a long, endless search for the perfect soccer socks (I am incredibly picky). I like a sock that is thicker on the bottom which i have found hard to locate with soccer socks. Therefore I used the cutt-off soccer method- I use a nike dri-fit basketball sock with a cuttoff soccer sock taped together:
    [​IMG]
    It is perfect for games, but for practice when we are constantly putting on and taking off shinguards it doesn't cut it. Therefore, I am looking for a soccer sock that is like a nike basketball dri-fit sock in the footbed (feels best with my cleats I have had surgeries too so it feels the best). Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

18. lnicholson29

lnicholson29 Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  19. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  20. hwangong

hwangong Member

Mar 6, 2007
    Try nike's player issue socks. You can easily find them on ebay for cheap.
    I bought 6 pairs of them(in one listing) for about $25 shipped to the US from UK.
    Considering a price of average price of soccer socks in the stores, these are even cheaper!
    Some of them were slightly used though(it was mentioned in the auction, and I knew).
    Out of 6 pairs, about 3 or 4 were used while 2 were new.

These have very nice cushion underneath while not being too bulky.
    Upper part is thin relatively compared to other socks.
    They are thicker than Adidas' Elite series socks, which is the thinnest socks I've had.
    Material's so soft and feel very comfy.

21. markdd2404

markdd2404 Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Darlaston
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Wasn't sure where to put this but this seemed as good a place as any so...

Just saw these on eBay...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....85870857&category=19298&_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

...figured at that price i may as well keep an eye on them, they look real to me even though the no box thing is often a bit dodgy. Then i clocked the high price for postage and thought there might be something a bit dodgy so i checked the guys other items.

He's got another listing in Australia for some Laser IV, listed as US8 rather than UK7, which i'm guessing are the same boots. That listing is here...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Nike-...ort_Soccer_Clothing_Boots&hash=item3a6fec75bf

... so now i'm a bit sceptical about it. The Australia listing has the boots starting at £100 as well where as the UK listing started at 5p.

Anyone else think its a bit suspicious? I guess he's listed them on two places to see which one gets the best price but now its got me a bit worried that i might end up paying for something he hasn't got.

I've messaged the guy on there about it and i'm going to keep watching but i'm not convinced its going to be worth my while now.

22. remnantaaron

remnantaaron New Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Regarding those laser IVs, I would honestly pass on those boots. There are too many other options you can buy from than take a chance like that. But I would keep an eye on that auction.

QUICK QUESTION:

What are your opinions on the old Nike vapor V's? I'm looking at the Superfly 3 right now but something about the V's makes it so damn appealing haha. I like the stud pattern and the "old school" look it carries.

Is it a boot that can compete in today's competition? (ie adizero/ modern vapors?) Thoughts?
    heres a link
    http://www.soccershopusa.com/Display_Product_Detail.asp?ProductID=2747&DisplaySection=&Cat1ID=7&Cat2ID=45&Cat3ID=

23. Beppe33

Beppe33 Member

Mar 24, 2011
    The price difference is strange, but i don't think the account should be suspicious, i think the seller may be a member of BS actually - he's put up that pair on swap shop before (**have a look at the other listed items)

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1878885

24. robben_sneijder

Sep 29, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Vapor 5's were by far my favourite boots ever! Incredible boots, and lasted me almost 2 seasons, wore them to death.

25. zkw90

zkw90 Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Hey man, sorry for the confusion, I've messaged you on eBay.