Nike Thread [16] - all info, questions, pics here please

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kelani9

kelani9 Member

May 6, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  2. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I think this NikeFuel thing is overhyped, but I don't really think it is a bad idea, per say. Sure there is branding and BS with it, like the "points" concept but there are much worse concepts on the market.

I do question the ability to actually wear it in game...most referees below pro level have a real issue with wristbands and such....maybe cover it with a sweatband on the wrist?

3. Mercurial4991

Mercurial4991 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Most of the time we end up having to cover up wristbands and stuff with tape. It isn't a problem to refs then.

4. homeutdfan

homeutdfan Member

Nov 9, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    I would get in a jiffy if it were alot cheaper. Nike Fuel sounds cool enough to me.

5. colinstu310

colinstu310 Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Bonnie Scotland
    Club:
    Rangers
    Nikefuel?? What alot of jobby!!
    In any kind of session if im hurting the next day i know ive worked hard, if not then i havent.
    Is it not that simple anymore?

6. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I wish there was a 'LIKE' button on BS, because it would of just got pressed!

appleCORR

7. Bootboy

Bootboy Member

Oct 23, 2007
    North London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    for me, the fuel band is a waste,

I think they saw how successful the MiCoach system is, and realised they needed to match it. What sets the products apart (as far as forum members should be concerned) is that you won't be able to actually wear the nike fuel band during a football match - so it will never give you a reading on your performance, while the MiCoach system allows for a really detailed and accurate analysis whenever the product is used.

8. jaguar11

jaguar11 Member

May 5, 2010
    United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    got my $300 nike voucher today, don't know what to get...tiempo elites possibly?? has anyone had any experiences with the tiempo elites??

9. naruto16

naruto16 Member

Aug 13, 2005
    Nike came up with the Nike+ thing like 5 years ago, they just didn't use it in soccer shoes. I had one of those and I used that in my vapors for a season, cut a hole in the insole just under the mid foot and it measured all my data.

It was fun for a bit, but it is just a gimmick (just like the MiCoach) without proper infrastructure to support it. ie, a whole team that use the same thing to measure between players.

The fuel band and the micoach things are just gonna be a flop for consumers. Some school teams (sponsored) will probably use it but I don't see them being used by regular people.

IMO, the MiCoach cost too much. If Adidas made it free that came with all Adidas boots, then that would be something else. I would probably jump ship and switch to wear Adidas forever until Nike do the same thing. It cost them next to nothing to produce a simple chip like that, I reckon a LOT OF people will switch to wear Adidas.

10. JR7JR77

JR7JR77 New Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Florida
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bro these are definetly real and if you don't trust me just ask the dude for a closer pic of the bottom. I've worn 9 pairs of superflys and these are definetly real with carbon fiber soles. But again if you don't trust it I'm sure the guy will get you a better picture of the bottom and put it up on here and i can let you know if you can't tell.

11. Mercurial4991

Mercurial4991 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The guy even admits they are fake in his own listing... :confused:

12. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Ive got them, really nice boots

13. chivamex10

chivamex10 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    your mom's house
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I was in your same shoes. I bit the bullet and went for them. I kinda regret doing it now that I have them. I know I would have been happy with the regulars. I just fell for the gimmicks (carbon fibre soleplate, flywire, full kleather). The flywire made the boot too tight for my liking. I haven't properly broken them in yet though. But my toes were crammed. Length wise they are perfect. That's why I was put off.

Doesn't help that I ended up grabbing some mizuno super sonic waves either. The comfort level on them is out of this world.

Might have to do the water trick on the tiempos. I need a wee bit more room to stretch.

If you aren't need of boots I'd just hold on to the voucher for a couple of months. The best is yet to come. Especially with the euro 2012 this year. I'm sure Nike got something sweet up their sleeve.

14. kelani9

kelani9 Member

May 6, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Roflol, 9 SFs have made you none the wiser. If they were authentic, the seller would have taken a picture of the sole with the flash on...

15. jaguar11

jaguar11 Member

May 5, 2010
    United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    alright man, thanks for the input...i'm gonna hold off on it for now since i already have a pair of black/white/red ctrs to play in.

16. C-dub57

C-dub57 Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Iowa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hahahahahaha I really hope all 9 of your superflys look like the bottom of that CTRII. They are blatantly fake.

17. discostu

discostu Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    Hey. Nike were not the ones who purchased them, i am. i am due to pick them up on monday.

The guy selling them had Nike reps at his door trying to get them back, but he stood his ground and refused as he sold them to me, and he didnt believe it could be Nike.

He was told there were only 3 pairs in the world currently and Nike were using new materials on them, that they didnt want competitors to get hold off.

he recieved the boots off a pro who he did not want to name to me, although Nike are aware off who it is!

I will post pictures when i pick them up on monday!

18. lnicholson29

lnicholson29 Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  19. Mercurial4991

Mercurial4991 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope all goes well with your transaction! And keep us updated with the boots, are you going to be using these or will they just be for collection? I hope you can use them and give us a review with what is good and bad about this upcoming boot. Keep us updated! ;)

20. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    theres going to be some nike special forces at your door after those boots

21. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
    All wearing the nike fuel.

22. markdd2404

markdd2404 Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Darlaston
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I bet you could negotiate a pretty good deal for yourself if anyone from Nike does come round to try and obtain the boots.

If they're really that rare and they have something on them that Nike is trying desperately to keep a secret then i'd expect they'd be pretty desperate to try and get them back.

Maybe you could try and haggle yourself a nice deal in exchange for giving them back, free boots for life wouldn't be a bad opening offer. ;)

23. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
    Maybe you can sell them to adidas.

24. Mercurial4991

Mercurial4991 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or the privilege of free boots, that he can customize. Soleplate change on the current Superfly's ;o

25. Juventus_Supporter

May 29, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    I dunno man, personally I wouldn't fu*k with Nike, I'd just return em in good faith, or if you want you can send em to me and I'll make sure they get them.