Nike Thread [16] - all info, questions, pics here please

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Busa '94

Busa '94 Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I'll ship them over, pure classs imho.

2. dannysnightout

Jul 31, 2011
    NJ, USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Imo they're the best boots ive ever had(Ive got the white/red), but not sure id be willing to pay an extra $100 plus for them.

3. naruto16

naruto16 Member

Aug 13, 2005
    tried on the new vapors at a local store ytd. OMFG screw the adizeros that I bought last month. I am getting some NikeID new vap.

super nice upper.

4. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
    Why has nike lowered the list price of the vapors from 149£ to 127£?

5. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Can I just add guys - the news that I told you all about is set to be unveiled soon. I can't say anything yet really, but make sure you're on the lookout. You'll all be surprised.

6. SilverXX

SilverXX Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Norway
    Club:
    Tromso IL
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    You sound like an evil mastermind planning to take over the world.

7. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I wish. :eek:

8. dannysnightout

Jul 31, 2011
    NJ, USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to soccerreviews.com boot calendar the new CTR 360 III is due out in July.

9. miscbrah

miscbrah New Member

Dec 30, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I'm still split between the Tiempo IV's or the new vapor 8's. I have slightly wide feet and I think my feet shudder at the word of "vapor".

10. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Wore my vapor 8 in rain today, the touch wasn't effected just my feet got soaked! Thy aren't very waterproof!

appleCORR

11. bigblkguy

bigblkguy New Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    How is the new vapors? have you tried them on astro or just grass? sorry if you get these questions alot

12. baba.g.baba

baba.g.baba Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    lol, are you serious? did they go through the shoes? by the way i am getting mine on Thursday, cant wait mate.

13. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yep. In time for the Euro's! Think these boots are going to kill the market personally.

14. Centrocampista10

Jan 1, 2006
    I'm not going to be "on the lookout". I am going to do something fun with my girlfriend. You psycho.

15. GrassRouteOne

GrassRouteOne Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    @JonIsAnOwl

Aren't the CTR360 II's going to stay throughout the Euro's? Nike have made them in the 'Euro' colourway after all - I would expect them to have a late Summer/pre-season release like the Tiempos last year, if not something a little later to coincide with start of the new season.

16. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I've only worn them on 3G turf (the stuff with the black beads in) but i think they'd be even better on grass. I've owned every vapor that has been out so far and i have to say that these are among the best. They have gone back to their roots with this boot, the upper is nice and thing with a lovely touch you can really feel the ball, some ppl might think its too thin, but i think its perfect. The traction is good, maybe a little bit TOO good for turf but as i said i think they will be perfect on grass. I've worn them quite a few times now and they didnt need breaking in and i haven't got any blisters at all.

As the rain, im not sure where the wet got in whether it was through the laces because the tongue is SO thin, i just know when i took them off my socks were soaking wet.

appleCORR

17. 2nd_striker

2nd_striker Member

May 21, 2008
    London
    apple how would you rate the vapors? Ive only worn vapor 3, sf1, sf2 and sf3 and from those id say v3, sf1, sf3 then sf2

18. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    They are closest to the vapor 3. The upper is nothing like the SF as it is much thinner.

appleCORR

19. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Interesting....

Any issues from rubbing the top of your toes scraping the skin? This is one of the raesons I got away from vapors. I'd have to tape my toes in order not to get the 'rubbing' because I only wear 1 sock with my football boots.

20. b0sk1

b0sk1 Member+

Jan 28, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got a chance to see the vapor 8 last night while watching a team we are going to play in a few weeks (so I wasn't right next to him). It was interesting because they aren't as bright as I thought they would be, i'm guessing because of the matte finish. Another player had the sf III in volt and when side by side the vapor 8 are much more subdued. Granted they are easily noticed (especially since this team's kit was all black).

21. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I only wear one sock too and had no kind of rubbing on my toes at all.

appleCORR

1 person likes this.
  22. baba.g.baba

baba.g.baba Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    lol, i thought i was the only one. hmmm, you fixed that by putting tape around the toe?

23. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea..... totally not worth it though.

I'd have to tape two friggin' toes every time I'd play in my vapors. I'd use medical tape. Stuff held up well.... buti n the end... if shoes are going to do that to my feet... not worth it.

If these new vapors don't do that anymore... I may try them again! Loved my III's... but not worth taping my toes everytime just to wear them.

24. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah, the new Vapors seem to have been quite well received in general really. I'd really love to test them out!

May I just ask Apple though, how is the glass-fibre on it? How's it feel?

25. Bootboy

Bootboy Member

Oct 23, 2007
    North London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I've got a pair coming next week!

[​IMG]

I'll post an in-depth review and compare them with my adizeros - I have ordered the same size as i wear in the adizero just for an accurate comparison