Nike Thread [16] - all info, questions, pics here please

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skyhawk

Skyhawk Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    How do you think the studs are gonna hold up on turf?

2. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

wasn't an april fools, but turned out to be one aha

3. MLD Woody

MLD Woody Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Hey I've got two quick questions again

1) How much will the Kangaroo leather in the Tiempos stretch? My actual measured shoe size is about a 13.5, but my only choices are 13 and 14. I have been wearing the Tiempo IIIs for 2 years in a size 14 by wearing 2 pairs of socks when I play. I do eventually get blisters and sore feet and the like, but I am not sure if that is do to the 2 socks or from actually playing and getting my feet beat up.

I ask how much the Kangaroo leather stretches because I was considering getting a size 13 cleat this time around and letting it stretch around my foot. I realizes this will provide discomfort at first but I am wondering if it will create a better fit later on (and I won't burn through socks). I like wearing my cleats tight too.

2) That question kind of ties into this one, does anyone have any experience with the hybrid plate on the Nike cleats. I'd prefer the fancy plate thats on the bottom of many f the elite cleats but they all only go up to 13 and are made of some synthetic material, so I know they won't stretch. So I figured I might like the hybrid plate if I do get size 13 cleats (you can't get the hybrid plate on 14s). My old tiempos had the normal firm ground plate and I was happy with it. I am considering the hybrid plate though because I do play a lot on poor, slippery surfaces. For example, usually by the end of the intramural season in the fall at Michigan the fields are completely beat up and the grass is pretty much gone. If it rains at all you are just running in mud. I wear these cleats for football and soccer too, so they'll get a lot of work on everything from firm ground to indoor turf (that stuff with the rubber pellets) to wet, slippery mud.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I am having the hardest time in the world committing on cleats to buy.

4. only1ronaldo

only1ronaldo New Member

Apr 1, 2012
    to remove scuffs/marks I use nail polish remover (without acetone so dye won't go away) and it's pretty effective, don't know how it is with this type of material

-

hi there long time BS lurker here, got some burning questions about Vapor 8s, I'm about to buy em next week but can't do that without some answers, if any Vapor 8 owner can help me that would be appreciated

1) what type of fit/size is optimal for these? should I go for snug fit or give my toes some space? so far I've been wearing 10,5 size with previous Vapors, but I can easily go half size down ; I was checking Vapor 8 yesterday at store and size 10 fits fine, it's more like a glove fit, not much space for the foot and it doesn't move in the boot, felt ok ; so the question is - are you going for snug fit in yours or not?

2) FG version on turf, and 2 heel studs, what do you think about traction? are these 2 studs good enough so I can do sharp turns etc easily? I don't want to be limited by something like this

thanks in advance,

5. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Don't think nail polish will work on this sort of surface.

The traction of the boot is fine, I've I said before possibly a bit too much traction from the front studs for turf, you get enough traction from the back studs too so you will be fine with FG on turf, not sort of stud pressure.

As for what size to et I'd just go and try them on and see if it fits you, I wouldn't like to tell you to go half a size smaller and then after wearing them they don't give enough.

All I know is a size 6 is fine for me and I had a size 6 in vapor 7s.

appleCORR

6. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Speed boots should always be worn snug.

7. p-nutz

p-nutz Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Boston Breakers
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    I think you mis-typed "Boots should be worn in the most comfortable way for you" :p

I'll take a slightly-too-big boot over a tight boot any day.

8. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm getting a lot of PMs with ppl asking me what size they should get in vapors. I don't mind trying to help but I only know how the boots fit me. I don't want to give people the wrong advise ie) go a size down and then they don't fit people properly.

I've said before we can only advise what we think but the best thing to does actually g to a store and try them on, even if you want to order them online because they are cheaper, go and try them on and get what feels best for you.

I don't think speed boots need to be worn 'snug' but I do think they should fit your foot properly, I've I've said the upper does give but they haven't made the boot too big for me, they just don't feel as snug as my adizeros (they have no give at all) so go into a store and try them on and make your minds up from there. They are expensive boots so you shouldn't try and guess your size.

appleCORR

9. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    :cool:

Of course. But then speed boots aren't for everybody! I had no comfort problems with the SF II at all.

Many others struggled.

Personally though, a tight boot is far more comfortable than big ones. Having your foot locked in place reduces blisters and just feels more secure.

10. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
    For you that is Jon.

11. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    SF2s were a comfy boot, I just didn't like the toe box, it took a long time t break them in. Compared to the SF1s they were like slippers.

Personally I just have a size 6 in everything because that's my shoe size. I don't see the point in all this I'm one size in this and another size in this I'm just happy with the one size in all boots. It's down to personal preference I guess but like said the only way you can get boots to fit how you want is t try them on.

One thing I will say is m not sure if the upper will tear on these boots if you do have them too small because the upper is so so thin. I know a lot of people who had the V1.06s smaller because they wanted them snug ended u having ripped boots.

appleCORR

12. p-nutz

p-nutz Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Boston Breakers
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    Aye, I'm just d***ing around :D The superfly II were pretty comfortable for me too, but I really needed a half size bigger, got sore toes :(

13. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Superfly 1s were possibly the most painful boots I have ever had to break in, it took weeks before they felt comfy!

appleCORR

14. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Where have I said it wasn't for me?????? :rolleyes:

15. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Same, I wear size 8 in everything.

16. MLD Woody

MLD Woody Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Forget what I said, I'm getting the 14s

17. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
    Sorry I have/had fever so I don't know why I said that.

18. baba.g.baba

baba.g.baba Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    lol, my superfly 1 and 2 are still here unworn. superfly 1 is hell. it peels the skin off my toes, all the toes.

19. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Once they were broken in they were great, I had a battle to keep them on when. Ad wearing them in because the cramp pains were mental! They did used to give me blisters on my heels as the back was too hard!

appleCORR

20. NIKE-PRO

NIKE-PRO Member

Mar 13, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    NIKE EURO 2012

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. jaguar11

jaguar11 Member

May 5, 2010
    United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    wow these look disgusting! I would've preferred 1 colorway across all 4 silos.....

22. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Not sure if you tired them on yet, but here is my take.

I am in that weird "between sizes" space too. I wearing either a 10.5 or 11 in Nike for my boots, both are exceptionally snug, with the 10.5 usually being slightly more so.

In leather I tend to go with the 10.5, and this has usually worked (except with the Legend III because the leather was too stiff, the shape of the shoe didn't work for me, and the stitching was not conducive to stretching). I currently have the Legend IV in both a 10.5 and 11, and the 11 felt better out of the box with two socks in terms of immediate comfort, but after a few uses, it fells a bit loose. I can still play in them, but I don't prefer them. The 10.5 was a bit tight, (and the IV runs just slightly short anyway for their size) but I did my version of the water trick (soak in my hot tub with Superfeet insoles for an 11 shoe in the boot). This along with a couple uses has the boot molded to my foot in a way that no Nike has been up to this point (except for possibly the released Tiempo Premier).

For what it is worth, I wear one cotton athletic sock (like the ones many pros use when cutting the foot out of their match sock) and one standard, but thinner football sock. If my football sock is thicker, I wear a thinner under sock, like a Dri-FIT or a ClimaCool.

Also for what it is worth, I am an 11 in the CTR II (the 10.5 is too pinched in the toe), and the synthetic Laser. I have tired on the 10.5 and the 11 in the Kanga-lite Laser and I bought the 11, which then felt too loose after a few uses (around the toes anyway). That being said, the 11 in the synthetic Laser fits lower and more snug in the toe area than the Kanga-lite model, which is higher. I think I am going to give the 10.5 Kanga-lite model a shot, just to see if it loosens up a bit and fits perfectly (my CTR's have not stretched, per say, but Kanga-lite does loosen up a bit after some use).

23. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Personally, I love them all, even if the CTR looks a lot like the original white and blue in the II. I think it is great that they are following the same design theme, but using different colors; I didn't like that from a distance on TV you couldn't really tell if someone was wearing Vapors, CTRs, Lasers, or Legends in the World Cup.

Can we get an answer on the Laser material? Teijin synthetic or Kanga-lite?

Face palm! I just saw under the water mark that it is a KL model Laser. Answered my own question.