Nike Thread [16] - all info, questions, pics here please

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maestri

Maestri New Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    anyone know if wearing FG shoes on 3G turf will void the nike warranty? There is already a slight seperation between the upper and the soleplate of my CTR IIIs and i'm planning on returning it when it gets more serious so i don't the warranty to be voided.

2. FootballerSeven

FootballerSeven New Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Hobart, Tasmania Aus
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Anyone have any pictures of any new maestri colorways? Soccer reviews boot calendar says the next c/w is white/black/volt which to me sounds awesome and is supposed to be released in Oct.
    http://soccerreviews.com/news/boot-calendar-update-3412/
    Also, how bright are the new sonic yellow/black maestri's? I'm not sure wether to get them or wait til the next c/w are out. cheers!

3. Suit and Tie

Suit and Tie New Member

May 15, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    These?
    [​IMG]

4. Mercurial4991

Mercurial4991 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure you could return them as long as they don't look really worn down. Although there is a slight possibility they will be rejected.

I'm sure you've heard this before but Nike isn't making super durable boots, your only making it 10x worse when you play with them on 3G. Not only for your boots but for yourself too. If you get a voucher you should look into the AG version of the Maestri III, they are built to withstand 3G turf unlike FG models.

JonIsAnOwl repped this.
  5. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Drives me crazy when people say 'Can I wear soft ground on turf?' or 'Can I wear firm ground on turf?'

You can yes, but you aren't supposed to. If you want to wear boots on turf then get a turf plate. Wearing soft ground is just plain ridiculous though.

serginhobertholi repped this.
  6. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
    If you change the studs on a sg pro vapor it should be more suitable on turf than the fg version.

7. lnicholson29

lnicholson29 Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Has anyone got an update from the nike stores yet? Or are they still not selling the GS? I really want to use my voucher on them and it expires soon. I phoned them up a couple times last week and they still didnt know when they would be released. Its starting to get annoying

8. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Changing the subject, received my Seaweed/Volt Vapors today. Is it just me, or are they much higher quality than previous Vapor VIIIs? They fit better too. Love them.

9. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
    Are they both made in the same place?

10. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Interestingly no. My Seaweed pair is made in Italy and my Clash colour in Bosnia.

11. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Remember when i had mine, great boots i just never worn them as the orion ones were in my opinion alot nicer

12. lakelui

lakelui Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remember having a pair of VI's from Bosnia and they seemed to run bigger as well.

13. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    This: http://www.sochuteiras.com/2012/08/novas-fotos-das-futuras-cores-das.html

[​IMG]

vanjory repped this.
  14. FootballerSeven

FootballerSeven New Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Hobart, Tasmania Aus
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Awesome, thanks for those new Maestri c/w's! Loving the new ones, will probably get whatever one is released first since they both look great!

15. 2nd_striker

2nd_striker Member

May 21, 2008
    London
    Did you buy true to size or half size down?

16. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I ordered true to size which is an 8UK.

17. colinstu310

colinstu310 Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Bonnie Scotland
    Club:
    Rangers
    Both the black/red & yellow/black are available just now....in the UK at least ;)

18. 2nd_striker

2nd_striker Member

May 21, 2008
    London
    anyone got any dates for the CR vapor 8's?

Oh Gunt22 has pics of superfly iv/vapor9 on his facebook page. They look...hmmmm...also cant spot on flywire.

19. lnicholson29

lnicholson29 Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    i think the new superfly will be basically the same as the vapor but a CF soleplate, but no flywire

^^Also, id love to get some dates for the CR7 vapors

20. 2nd_striker

2nd_striker Member

May 21, 2008
    London
    had a search on soccer boot calendar and they say october for cr7s! guess im getting v8 orange next week!

21. lnicholson29

lnicholson29 Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    WTF? I just phoned up the nikestore manchester asking about the GS ... AGAIN. This time the guy said "they came out on the 15th of august and they sold out" so i told him that they were recalled from the stores and they would be getting released again at a later time, as i had been told this countless times in previous phone calls. He said "No they sold out on the day as they only had 3 pairs in"

What a waste of time

22. GrassRouteOne

GrassRouteOne Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I'd happily be proven wrong, but I don't get why the Superfly IV name is being bandied about so much.

The Vapor VIII barely launched 6 months ago, so if we assume that Nike are going to give them another 3-6 months before another Mercurial, then the boots we're seeing (with the golf ball-style texture to them) are from part way into 2013.

So, baring in mind we're looking at a boot that won't come out until next spring/summer, and we still haven't seen any sign of flywire, why is everyone dubbing it the Superfly IV?

23. vanjory

vanjory Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Singapore
    serginhobertholi repped this.
  24. SymbolHazard

SymbolHazard Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Whoever is considering ctr360 maestri 3 just be warned that there are serious durability issues. The 1's and 2's were very durable but within the two weeks that I've been wearing that 3's the upper is already separating from the sole. The boot itself performs really well but it's a shame about the sustainability. And yes, I only wore them on natural grass.