Nike in Iran.

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by Gen-Max93, Jul 31, 2002.

1. Gen-Max93

Gen-Max93 New Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Los Angeles, CA
    TEHRAN, IRAN (AP) -- Nike Corporation, Inc. of the United States has opened its first of three large-scale factories West of Tehran. The factory will reportedly produce 25,000 pairs of athletic and walking shoes per month.

In addition, various other merchandise such as socks, T-shirts, visors and tote-bags will also be manufactured.

The company's president and CEO, Kah Fasch stated ``This marks our long awaited rebirth of direct economic ties with Iran. Armed with Nike's 'Just Do It' attitude, we conquered all political obstacles and achieved our goal''.

In a related story, Nike has mysteriously stopped shipment on over $1,000,000 worth of promotional merchandise destined for Iran. Unnamed sources from within the company told Associated Press that Nike of America had decided to use its "Just Do It!" slogan in Iran and had printed it on all its promotional merchandise.

In order to surprise its Iranian distributor, Nike apparently did the translation itself, using a dictionary. Due to undisclosed reasons, the large inventory, all of which displayed the slogan "Faghat Bokon!" in distinctive colors and styles was refused by the Iranian officials.

2. Iranian-Striker

Iranian-Striker New Member

Aug 7, 2001
    LLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH!!!!!

FAGHAT BOKON!

LOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!

I would SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO buy a Nike T-Shirt that had "Faghat Bokon" all over it! Damn, damn, damn. I hope they get produced. I SO WANT ONE!

3. Gen-Max93

Gen-Max93 New Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Los Angeles, CA
    Ya, when I was reading it and I read the will use the slogan "just do it" I thought to myself will they translate it to FAGHAT BOKON? And I read on and I saw that and I laughed so hard. LOL

4. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    lol

:D

Nike seems to have trouble with translating their brands and slogans all over the middle east.

In arabic countries, they have the swoosh without a phonetic translation of their name because of what it sounds like in arabic, whichever way you try to pronounce it.

BTW, what does Faghat bokon mean?

5. javid

javid New Member

Oct 27, 2001
    this has to be a joke right?

otherwise this is too funny.

6. Iranian-Striker

Aug 7, 2001
    Faghat is just like in Arabic how you say Faghat. So it means like "only" or "just".

Bokon = "do it", but usually it is referred to other stuff... ;) :D

7. kasai

kasai New Member

Jul 15, 2002
    California
    LOL.... those dictionaries are dangerous in the hands of those marketing folks. Doesn't Nike have any Farsi speakers. It is a huge company.

8. SirStrikesalot

SirStrikesalot New Member

Jul 25, 2002
    Faghat Bokon

If anyone finds that shirt that says faghat bokon on it I want one.

9. SirStrikesalot

SirStrikesalot New Member

Jul 25, 2002
  10. Iranian-Striker

Aug 7, 2001
    DAMN, I say!!!

11. javid

javid New Member

Oct 27, 2001
    i knew it!!!

12. Gen-Max93

Gen-Max93 New Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Los Angeles, CA
    Aww BOOOO, back to Daei Brand for us :) :)

13. amir

amir Member

Feb 19, 2001
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    it all gewd

14. kasai

kasai New Member

Jul 15, 2002
    California
    Man sometimes I really hate the net... Everything you read is false.

15. Bauvafa

Bauvafa Red Card

Oct 12, 2001
    USA
    I find it very disrespectfull if it's true.

I would support a local company (like Ali Daie's) over Nike.