[NGR] That Team By The Border...Club Tijuana [R]

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Hachiko, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Dawdler

Dawdler Member+

Apr 2, 2005
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah he was being a dick and he shouldn't of called the G's shitty but to be fair you were being a dick too, just let them have their celebration and enjoy the championship that the G's brought to us fans and the city.

2. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Big Soccer

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't celebrate with both teams that I follow? Please. And I wasn't even using any profanity and my jabs were rather light. I mean, if the mod's gonna tell me this crap, he should use the PMs to tell me. It's much better. Just like how CyC and profiled do it. Courtesy, man.

3. Dawdler

Dawdler Member+

Apr 2, 2005
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    all I'm saying is, what you may believe are light jabs may not be considered light jabs by others, and not all mods are like CyC, Topper and Profiled, like you said Courtesy it goes both ways.

4. Hachiko

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pretty unfortunate, but I will continue to post highres pics and vids of the team if the situation arises. Since they're in their break, I may be leaving them alone for a bit anyway. To be honest, I was pretty close to reporting his post for being inappropriate for the thread but I decided that it wouldn't be worth my time.

Meanwhile, news continues to trickle across the border...to Arizona.

More...

5. Hachiko

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tijuana...the club of second chances.

More...

6. WarGalaxy

WarGalaxy Member+

May 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I went to that forum to see the context of that quote. I didn't get why the mod gave you a verbal warning in public like that. It looked to me that you were actually contributing more to the thread then anyone else. I didn't see why he got irritated and brought the Galaxy into it, unless the mod deleted some of your posts about the Galaxy. I saw you where giving that idiot smurf fan a hard time for having an "out of date" computer. However, to be far though, that computer that he's using is probably "state of the art" in Mexico. You were obviously there to celebrate the Xolos, not try to start some kind of pissing contest between the Galaxy and the Xolos. But perhaps I'm missing something.

7. Hachiko

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can conclude that he wasn't appreciative of Baja's northern neighbors stealing the spotlight from them. And I just don't like posting images that can't be used for walls, graphic design use, etc. So I was actually trying to do them a favor. As a matter of fact, I suspect that a lot of people who are in the middle class use laptops similar to what we have here in the States. The user I was calling out must not have a very good computer. Hello, it's time to upgrade.

8. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This may be true for spanish speaking players of latin descent, to be fair a very large portion (if not majority) of our youth prospects, but I think it would be a harder sell for either black or white players to move shop to Mexico, although it certainly would be interesting (while bad for MLS) if this started to happen.

9. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah the Galaxy will keep a few but the ones that don't get picked off by Mexican clubs have European clubs that will pay them more.

I read the comments from Garber the other day about the investment in youth football not paying off yet. Surely he must see that part of the problem is the system (not enough opportunities) and if anything clubs need to invest more money in coaching.

10. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think everyone understands how counter productive it is to have a comprehensive youth set up for those under 18, and then to have the adult players actually signed to a full team salary sit on the bench and do nothing for 2-3 years.

Is it really that expensive to run a full-on reserves season? They don't have to travel far- they could just play the western conference teams over and over.

11. Hachiko

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. Hachiko

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. WarGalaxy

WarGalaxy Member+

May 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Arena said in this article...

The last time we played them was in SD, perhaps again, but I also think we could sell out the HDC even in a friendly. If we end up facing them in the knockout stage of the CCL in 2014, that's going to be crazy environment at the HDC, more so then the Morelia game.

14. tys0n28

tys0n28 Member

Nov 23, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    They played at USD last time and the crowd was somewhat sparse (6000). I'd like to see them play it at Petco - but that is just for my convenience.

Here's the recap of the last exhibition: http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2011/mar/02/xolos-beat-beckham-galaxy-penalty-shootout-usd/

15. marford21

marford21 Member

May 1, 2007
    SD, OC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    The capacity at Torero Stadium is 6,000.

Galaxy vs. Xolos would sell 30k easy in either Petco or Qualcomm if they played another exhibition, I doubt people realize how much support LA Galaxy has in SD, plus an army of Xolos fans will show up, even casual fans.

16. Hachiko

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Copa Libertadores draw concluded and Tijuana is in Group 5, with San Jose Oruro, Millionarios...and Corinthians.

17. UcIceD2011

UcIceD2011 Member+

Jul 10, 2011
    Nor Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DAAAAMMMNNNN Corinthians!!! ********, when is that game in TJ? I might just have to go down for that. Millionarios are usually no slouches either.