[NGR] Beckham in the Media.2

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Crimen y Castigo, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Finley

Finley Member

Apr 22, 2008
    Under the blue sky
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm sure he'll be gone soon enough, and if not, it won't matter.

What I am tired of is these endlessly repetitive news stories. These journos are actually plagiarizing themselves. "Beckham is Going to Milan" "Beckham wants to play for England" "Beckham might return the Premier League/Real Madrid/Milan" How many times have we read the exact same article with the exact same variations of the same quotes saying the same damn thing? Over and over again for the past nine months. We've read it all before, it's nothing new.

2. respite_cdd

respite_cdd BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 12, 2009
    Harrison, NJ
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If the offseason loan does one of two things:

a) Improves David's game so that he's in better shape in March (in a Galaxy uniform) than in November or

b) Gets him the crap out of LA

this is a good thing. Other than that, just more nonsense we don't need.

3. JukeBox

JukeBox Member

Apr 14, 2008
    South East Asia
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm surprised, well..not really, at how people can still say David doesn't give 100% to the team and have never shown any commitment to the team when he CONSTANTLY bust his butt and gives 110% to the team in every game since his return. I think if you already hate the man, when you already don't like someone..you'll always have negative thing to say and refused to accept what ever goods that the man does and gives even if it's obvious in front of your eyes. :rolleyes:

Regarding him going to Milan..it's just the media play, they love conroversies otherwise they couldn't sell their papers. It's nothing new. He will go back and that is that. What..do they think that David wouldn't finish this season in LA and gone to Europe immediately after the Croatia game? Retards. :cool:

4. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He won't be coming back in March, I can virtually guarantee that.

So I'm hoping for B.

5. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    nope, just like last year we get shafted with option c.

beckham comes back after the world cup. well there's also option d, beckham doesn't make the world cup squad.

6. MrStench

MrStench Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    For the last time, he WILL make the damn squad. Capello considers him an INTEGRAL part of the team. This is David Beckham your'e talking about; their former captain and great midfield player whether people like to admit it or not. The ********er BLEEDS English juice.

7. King Smokey

King Smokey New Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Huntington Beach
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jukebox... 110% effort in 50% of the games is only 55% commitment. You have to expect more from your players if you are going to have a successful team and franchise. I used to be a big fan of Becks, and I really hope he moves on and continues his success. I would prefer that he stay with the Galaxy (as a full time player, not half-season) and continue his success, but nobody thinks that is going to happen. I see things Donovan has done that he has directly learned from DB in both serving the ball and receiving it. If they managed to keep the current Galaxy squad together, I see a couple championship teams in the near future.

8. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    God this argument is getting so fuxxing old. Probably 5000+ posts about it so far - how many more electrons have to die before you guys have had enough?

9. King Smokey

King Smokey New Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Huntington Beach
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry. I just found this website. As a Galaxy fan from the start and soccer fan for my entire life (I still have my California Surf pennant signed by most of the team), I never knew there was a good forum to talk to the other fans, especially in America.

10. shelbo

shelbo Member+

Oct 16, 2007
    L.A.
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welcome King Smokey! Glad you found us.

11. sanda

sanda Member

Aug 29, 2007
    Virginia
    Welcome to this board. Since I have some free time, I would like to give you some background introduction about the recent history and members of this place.

This board has been divided into several colorful groups due to the recent Beckham drama (loan to Milan, get back after Seria A season, critics from Donovan, booed by home fans, etc). I can recall there are at least 3 long threads (very long) dedicated exclusively into this hot debate. There are Beckham haters (73Bruin, falvo,TrebleDevil99,TequilaJoal, etc). There are fanboys turn to Beckham haters (AmericanKaka, The Cadaver, profiled, StillKicking, and you know who you are). There are mild Beckham fans with some prospective.(Finley, skydog, Jones17, etc). There are Beckham fan boys and girls who will defend him in every occassion. (JukeBox) And there are Beckham fans who not only defend him but also attack haters and laugh at their anger and misery while throw sticks at Donovan.(sanda)

The debate has been so beaten down now all groups live in peace. So sorry mate, you are too late for this and there is nothing new to talk about it.

As a tip, there is this good thing called "ignore list". After the debate, lots of people ended in my list and I ended in lots of people's lists as well. Your id probably will end in mine someday. It's quite helpful to let you enjoy the board without being annoyed.

Again, welcome to the board and have fun.

12. Finley

Finley Member

Apr 22, 2008
    Under the blue sky
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well, I guess that sums it up. I like that I have been classified as having prospective. There is hope for me yet. ;)

The horse is not only dead, it is decomposing. I have been tempted to call out some posters for animal cruelty for continuing to dig up the carcass for further flogging.

The peace cannot last. It is due to expire at any moment. The clock is ticking.... Not having anything new to talk about will only slow them down for so long. So stay tuned!

13. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Wow. That's all I can say. Repped.

14. juniorLA

juniorLA Member

Mar 4, 2008
    El Lay
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    object to characterization of Jones71 as a mild fan--s/he's a rabid, unequivocal and likely paid defender of Beckham, has only and always defended each and every thing that Beckham has ever done, no matter what, will slander anyone in the press that has ever offered any critical word about Beckham (no matter how justified the criticism), and, moreover, i'd be very surprised if the person did not work for 19 Ent in some capacity.

as much as i may dislike sanda's fanyboyism and unjustified bashing of LD, at least i respect that those are her personal and real feelings and she's not conducting a PR campaign. and at least sanda will occasionally concede some fault of Beckham, even if mild.

15. sanda

sanda Member

Aug 29, 2007
    Virginia
    Geez, I feel embarrassed. Just because I dislike Mike Randolph, you cut me too much slack.

Notes: JuniorLA, Beckham-then-fanboy-now-hater-but through and through die hard Mike Randolph hater.

16. juniorLA

juniorLA Member

Mar 4, 2008
    El Lay
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i can actually be cooperative and fair-minded, if you catch me on the right day. ;) but, yes, very, very happy to have randolph far from this team.

for the record, i wasn't much of a beckham fanboy and don't consider myself a hater. i give credit and blame where i feel it's due. i was pretty upset with the way i felt he treated the team but put it behind me with my boos at the opening of the Milan friendly.

17. Pegasus503

Pegasus503 BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 7, 2008
    San Diego
    where do I sign up to join the anti "pass-back" Pete Vagenas brotherhood? (or sisterhood)

18. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.soundersfc.com/

19. Pegasus503

Jul 7, 2008
    San Diego
  20. juniorLA

juniorLA Member

Mar 4, 2008
    El Lay
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

21. Crimen y Castigo

May 18, 2004
    OakTown
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welcome

[​IMG]

Now let's hope the calm, rationale demeanor of your posts is simply a well-honed ruse and you'll be shortly getting down to some real hysterical ramblings, baseless rumor mongering, and starting 12 new threads on 5 old topics every day.

All the cool kids are doing it . . . .

22. JukeBox

JukeBox Member

Apr 14, 2008
    South East Asia
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Oh wow..I wanted to repped it, but I see skydog has already did it.

I can say I feel flattered, Sanda. Thank you for mentioning me! Though I'm not 100% agree with your descriptions there..I'm very gratefull of being remembered. Hihi.. :D

p/s: Oh yeah..you forgot Pegasus503! How can you forgot to/not included our "news headline plus information desk" here? S/he is an important member too! ;)

23. Pegasus503

Jul 7, 2008
    San Diego
    I'm now into a monty python / political science phase.... it happened when i was quoted by the Sun (I still feel dirty) .

I'm as much of a man as any other father of teenage kids

24. Poling

Poling Member

May 14, 2008
    Portland, OR
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I actually laughed when I saw you guys being quoted in the Sun.
    Come on don't you feel like you have finally made it? :D

25. The Beautiful Gamer

The Beautiful Gamer BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Repped