[NGR] Beckham in the Media.2

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Crimen y Castigo, Aug 31, 2009.

1. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    It would be a miracle if they could get a stadium approved for their first choice location. That's super prime real estate and sooooo many monetary and political and public interest land mines along the path to approval. Becks will have more sway than most but still...

JukeBox repped this.
  2. The Beautiful Gamer

The Beautiful Gamer BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #4002 The Beautiful Gamer, Mar 25, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
    Yeah and from what I have been reading looks like Royal Carribean are fighting him the hardest for it. That property is going to make one of these groups a crap ton of cash if they get their hands on it. I would be inclined to think that the cruise line would lose because they have been their for a while and are just now trying to buy this land up.

JukeBox repped this.
  3. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's a seller's dream to have two interested buyers and get them into a bidding war. Do not underestimate the resources the cruise line has. Even if Becks gets the land, he will end up getting it at such an inflated price that it could torpedo the whole project.

JukeBox repped this.
  4. The Beautiful Gamer

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is indeed a possiblity. In the name of the league I hope Beckham wins.

JukeBox repped this.
  5. shelbo

shelbo Member+

Oct 16, 2007
    L.A.
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope Becks is smart enough to be using OPM for this deal.

JukeBox repped this.
  6. The Cadaver

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has to be. Becks is rich. But he's not Anschuetz, Kraft, Hunt rich. That's a whole different league.

JukeBox repped this.
  7. JukeBox

JukeBox Member

Apr 14, 2008
    South East Asia
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Speaking about soccer/football news in the UK, don't any of you guys think there is a possibility that the Class of '92's (apart from Becks) takeover of Salford City has something to do with Becks starting a team in Miami right now? I mean, look at the timing! Both Miami and Salford City clubs' establishment/takeover will be finalized by the middle or the end of this year. We all know Becks has been working at starting his club - at least seriously - since 2012. While the news about Gary and others buying Salford City only came out this year/end of last year/around the same time or after the Class of '92 documentary. Which means there's a possibility of Becks pitching the idea of them owning a team at the same time as him. Why Becks is the only one who didn't involve in the Salford City's takeover? Well...maybe it's part of their strategy, whatever it is.

Of course...this is just one of my imaginations. :p

The Beautiful Gamer repped this.
  8. forie

forie Member+

Sep 14, 2007
    Costa Mesa
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @sulaiman4real: David Beckham on removing @MLS salary cap "That's what we will work for… obviously it stops a lot of players coming here" on @beINSPORTSUSA

Good luck with that, David.

JukeBox repped this.
  9. The Cadaver

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Complete removal of a cap will not happen soon, maybe never. It is more likely other leagues will adopt some kind of cap for survival purposes than it is that MLS will drop it completely.

BUT, with LAG, Red Bulls, Toronto, Seattle, and now David all pushing for the cap to go up, something good should happen. David is now the enemy. But in this fight he is an ally.

JukeBox repped this.
  10. JukeBox

JukeBox Member

Apr 14, 2008
    South East Asia
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Totally agree! Except for the part "David is now the enemy" thing. No. Nu uh. Nein. :barefoot: :p

11. The Cadaver

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry. He falls into the Drew Carey category: he owns a team that competes with us for players and points and cups. That is an enemy in my books.

12. The Beautiful Gamer

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry Jukebox, and you know how much I love Bex, but this statement is now true. I am also mad at KaKa for not making up his mind sooner to join MLS as his A$$ should have been in LA and not Orlando. Which I have a hard time not seeing happen at this point.

13. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    For me David is not now, nor ever will be the enemy just for buying and building a new MLS franchise. Now his team will certainly be the enemy. I will want LAG to crush his team but that won't make me dislike Becks. Just reading now about the documentary he is making in the Amazonian rain forest is a reminder of why he is one of my favorite futballers, as they say.

JukeBox and The Beautiful Gamer repped this.
  14. The Cadaver

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ^ In the words of Blaise Pascal:

"The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of"

kaburu and The Beautiful Gamer repped this.
  15. jmaestro

jmaestro Member+

Mar 27, 2008
    Bakersfield
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have to say, Becks was a big part of our team, I came to appreciate him more and more over the years. BUT. He was never a G in the same way that Donovan is a G, even though Donovan played for the Quakes. There was something different. He was the consummate professional. Maybe that was part of the issue. Always dedicated (except when country came first) and would have given the same to any other team.

So yes, he is now the enemy. I don't have any heartburn hoping we beat his team for multiple cups and SS's. He was a G. Now he's not. I am OK with that.

The Cadaver, L.A. Native and MPNumber9 repped this.
  16. kaburu

kaburu Member+

Jul 12, 2009
    los angeles
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. JukeBox

JukeBox Member

Apr 14, 2008
    South East Asia
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    #4021 JukeBox, Apr 10, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
    Yep! Plus...if not for the strict terms that he cannot have his new team in New York and/or LA, he would have been one of the LA Galaxy's owners by now. I think the earlier rumours about the possibility of him buying the Galaxy were true. Only that...Uncle Phill didn't want to sell/that's not what's in his MLS contract and he didn't have a choice but to move on to another city. He hates to play, or pledge loyalty, to another club in a league as he is a "one club guy" (yes, he is - RM in La Liga, MU in EPL. Not sure if PSG and ACM are qualified in the list or not :D). But...his only chance to have a football club in MLS was to move to another city. So...like it or not that's what he did. And the proof that he is STILL a loyal G (well...loyal in his own way or as loyal as he can be)? He was in the box with Klein and Eddie during Chivas vs. LA game last week.

...Or maybe he was just there scouting for his new players. LOL! :p

18. JukeBox

JukeBox Member

Apr 14, 2008
    South East Asia
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah, I know what you mean but I'm sorry too, TBG. I think he's still one of us.

@LAGalaxy: Legends all over the place. #CHVvLA pic.twitter.com/T692ab7sYW

Of course...would be very interesting to see when the time comes for LAG vs. Miami. :D

The Beautiful Gamer and Geneva repped this.
  19. The Beautiful Gamer

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh yeah you better believe that is going to be a sight to behold. That first game will not only get the big treatment from all the networks but the skybox shots are going to be hella interesting. I can imagine that the after party of the game might take place in the nightclub that is supposed to be built into the stadium. Hmmm...You know now that I think about it, it might just be worth taking a trip to see that game in person.

JukeBox repped this.
  20. The Beautiful Gamer

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He has literally bent or broken body parts on the pitch with those guys for this club. He has a reserved seat in the House of the G's for life. As long as he keeps it casual and doesn't screw us out of a trade or draft pick down the line that is...LOL. I am sure it will be his Coaches and General Managers that may cause the most issues in that regard. Ohhh I just had another thought. What if he recruits guys like Cobi Jones or other former G's to work at his place. This I can see happening right away. Why not build LA Galaxy Miami Edition makes sense to me. :cool:

JukeBox repped this.
  21. The Cadaver

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd be happier seeing Cobi working with Becks than with that screwed up "Cosmos" thing he got tied into.